GPU, RAM, WTF

WHY!? Why have GPU and RAM prices risen so much in the past year?

minefags

can you get away with just 8gb ram? ive got two 8gb stick and honestly thinking of just selling one off while they're still hot.

>tfw Comfy local pc parts shop prices have remained the same

>2018
>not using nicehash to mine coins
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit nigga

Get your computer running all this shit you have going when you're using it the hardest. Then check your ram usage through something like resource monitor. If you're using over 8gb then you will see a major slow down. If you're under 8gb then you can sell that stick.

But if you're really that broke you should probably be doing something else to get some money and not be ripping ram out of your computer and slapping it up on eBay.

If I remember correctly, some market analyst last year predicted GPU and RAM prices would increase in 2018 and then restabilize by 2019 - 2020. GPU is mainly because of crypto craze right now, and RAM I think is because there's a shortage of the necessary materials to make it and an overproduction of machines that use RAM.

>GPU
Miners
>RAM
Minors(phonefags)

>2038-20
>using nicehash to miner

FUCKING NORMIES!

>built first pc 6 months ago
>everyone telling me to wait out the GPU and RAM shortage.
>Cost of build went up 400 dollars in the last few months

muh cryptocurrencies

Just came out of coma?

Trump is the president by the way.

Thank god BTC is crashing with no survivors. I hope it brings down the rest of the cryptocurrencies with it.

This. I wouldn’t be surprised if electricity costs start going up too.

fpbp

LPDRAM != DRAM and DIMM.
RAM is thank to jewish moves from Micron, SKHynx and Samsung.
GPU prices too because they refuse to increase GDDR production and instead sell at increased prices, Samsung made 270Billion USD in months from this.

You think this is bad?
Just wait until Best Korea's artillery levels all of those Samsung factories along the border.

China is already suing Samsung.

1. RAM manufacturers are acting as a cartel and increasing prices artificially.
2. GPU prices are high because cryptocurrency miners keep buying them all

Price fixing and mining in the case of gpus.

North Korea will make Micron great again!

>RAM
Shortages raised prices, but makers noticed that. people still bought it anyway, so they tested the market to see what they could get away with and fixed prices.
>GPU
Once again, shortages due to mining. General business practice when demand outstrips production is to raise prices to see what people are still willing to pay.
Since GPUs also use RAM, the effect is compounded by the RAM shortage for a double whammy of hurt.