Motorized standing desks

Thoughts on motorized standing desks?

I have a standing desk at work, although it's not motorized and is cheap office crap, but It's made me start thinking bout getting standing desk for my "battle station"

Ones like this upliftdesk.com/

Any other good ones to look out for?

Unless you're raising it and lowering it like 10 times daily, motorized sounds like a bit of a meme.

The quality is pretty good.
Like its a fucking desk, it has two things that it has to do

>Hold things
>go up and down

I mean you cant screw that shit up

Just got one from Amazon. It's amazing

>Unless you're raising it and lowering it like 10 times daily, motorized sounds like a bit of a meme.
I thought about that, but then the non motorized ones seem like they are pretty much the same price, and I am willing to pay for the continence of the DRO and also memory to return you to the perfect sitting and standing height.

desks don't need motors. stop making things complicated

Motorized? Like with electric motors attached to it? Or are they gasoline engines?
Kek, OP, FUCKING KEK

Motors, electric motors. They aren't engines, although that would be neat.

I have a Fully Jarvis standing desk. I bought it because The Wirecutter recommended it as its best standing desk because it has no wobble but they lied. It's fairly wobbly. At work we have Geekdesks that have a brace between the legs and they don't wobble at all. In conclusion, don't buy a standing desk unless it has a brace between the legs.

>*does shit job assembling desk*
>*wobbles like mad*
>"they lied to me!"
kek

It's literally impossible to assemble this desk improperly. You use provided screws that bite into the pre-drilled holes. Also, I'm sorry that you're so desperate for a (You).

Instead of raising and lowering your desk, why not set it at the right height for standing then get a adjustable barstool type seat to use when you want to sit down?

>Instead of raising and lowering your desk, why not set it at the right height for standing then get a adjustable barstool type seat to use when you want to sit down?
Thought about that too, but after standing at work now that they got these desks my back feels so much better.

Okay, thanks for the input everyone. I went ahead and bought the desk. $529 shipped. Really not so bad. I got the bamboo top since I like the color and it matches some of my other furniture.

Stupid gimmick

Its a meme. How are you going to organize your cables with your desktop on the ground? Its def not going to look as clean as the OP pic.

Just get monitor arms and prop up your keyboard/mouse to standing height, its not like you are going to use all the desk space while standing anyway.

I use one

very good

>Its a meme. How are you going to organize your cables with your desktop on the ground? Its def not going to look as clean as the OP pic.
I can screw mounting hooks and clips to the underneath of the desk, and also I was thinking about getting a black fabric that I will hang off the bottom of the desk. It will raise and lower with the desk and hide the cables behind it.

Also, I sometimes do small electronic work, and having the desk up at 50" will be really great for that.

I have the 72in uplift desk. Bamboo surface with the curve cut out. It's good quality, no play when I'm standing (48in desk height). It's not super quiet, but not annoyingly loud. Think cd drive eject volume.

The only thing I'm not happy with is the keyboard drawer. It's got a lot of shake. I'm more or less used to it, and I think if you had a light weight keyboard it would be fine, but it's the only disappointing aspect.

Keep in mind that having a standing desk doesn't actually improve your health/habits. You have to actually stand at it.

Uplift is good, assembling it yourself is a bit of a pain in the ass when you need to do the center brace.

After that it works fine, very convenient.

The fuck? You're sure you didn't meant hydraulic..?

No, the legs each have their own electric motor which is controlled by the head unit (which also keeps it level and prevents it from going too far up or down).

If you are standing to for the purpose of ot being lazy and being healtht, why would you pay for a motor that can break to raise and lower it for you? Why not jist do it manually you fat fuck

Why, when hydraulic desks exist?

>If you are standing to for the purpose of ot being lazy and being healtht, why would you pay for a motor that can break to raise and lower it for you? Why not jist do it manually you fat fuck
As I addressed earlier the manual desks are pretty much the same price, and I wouldn't find any of quality. If the motor breaks I can replace it.

Also, I couldn't be less fat, and am not doing it for some ethereal health benefit.

>Why, when hydraulic desks exist?
Close to the same price, not as convenient, and the precision of the electric DRO can't be beat.

I have a Jarvis and shit is cash. I've had (and have) standing desks at work, but they're usually GeekDesk or some other brand that's way too expensive for what it is. My Jarvis wasn't cheap, but definitely worth it for me since sometimes I work from home and like to program and stuff in my free time, so it's nice to stand when I need to

Well if you have a standing desk then that's what you should be doing. Standing in one place for hours isn't healthy either. The healthiest option is to mix between sitting and standing every after hour or so.

have one at work
literally my feet hurt after 10 minutes standing
i never use it
its a fucking meme

motors burn out eventually, just walk away from your desk lmao

hmm is there a desk like this but with option to either move it's height manually (by using crank) or by using electric motors ?
no user you just have bad blood circulation/are fatass

>cant screw that shit up
is this a challenge ?

Hahahaha How The Fuck Are Back Problems Real Hahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Desk Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

If you're too lazy to turn a crank for 30 seconds you're too lazy to use a standing desk, so motorized ones are a waste of money.

And I'd love to see motorized desks at the same price as regular ones, but the ones from your link are at least twice as expensive.

im sorry your girly wrists cant tighten a predrilled screw. Perhaps you should rest it between your anime boobs mousepad.