/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtu.be/OfWLQQbftpA

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Snc2s6uZUJk
youtube.com/watch?v=30SqwmkSQxg
creationwatches.com/products/seiko-prospex-299/seiko-prospex-solar-divers-200m-sne437-sne437p1-sne437p-mens-watch-10420.html
ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Prospex-Solar-Divers-200M-SNE437-SNE437P1-SNE437P-Mens-Watch/142639915985?epid=11003307286&hash=item21360063d1:g:LBkAAOSwO7haRxXg
walmart.com/ip/Seiko-Prospex-SNE437P1/698986438
vinwatches.com/product/seiko-prospex-solar-divers-200m-sne437-sne437p1-sne437p-mens-watch/
ebay.com/itm/282459463923
youtube.com/watch?v=TB1aIJfc3cc
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01N5J6Y2M/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone post the Nomos lug overhang compilation.

Also, where can I get a grey market intra-matic?

>$538

seiko fanboys will defend this.
>but but even though you can't tell its got samurai finishing and has been folded 1000 times guys i swear

Fuckers

rate my new daily driver

why does that say $538

>shitty car
>fossil shitter
>destroyed strap
>following a bus full of special needs children
it all check out.

wtf

Some retard apparently bought one of those shitters for $538 off ebay. That or this is just another level of spam.

This blackout display is a bit hard to read honestly

Because an user actually paid that much for that stupid fucking shitter.

I hope he returned it for the sake of mankind

in what way would it be spam

Either you haven't been paying attention to the last several threads, or this is bait.

Did you not read any reviews

It looks like the strap is metastasizing
Very nice Mr President

>Because an user actually paid that much for that stupid fucking shitter.
how do you know, that sounds like bullshit

That is the current price for that watch on creation watches.

Don't bully this man

how do you define spam?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No I don't buy online, only in store
It's not bad in good light but even a little dark and I need to hit the light button to get a clear view

In the grey market

Gotta research, bruv

wow you don't think that ANTI-SEIKO shitposters are
are
are /shitposting/ again, do you??@??@?@?@?!?!?!?!

What's the best cheap Chinese watch?

youtube.com/watch?v=Snc2s6uZUJk
youtube.com/watch?v=30SqwmkSQxg

Try harder, please. This is a piss poor effort.

I am super fucking confused
creationwatches.com/products/seiko-prospex-299/seiko-prospex-solar-divers-200m-sne437-sne437p1-sne437p-mens-watch-10420.html

>What's the best cheap Chinese watch?
The modern Omega of your choice

ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Prospex-Solar-Divers-200M-SNE437-SNE437P1-SNE437P-Mens-Watch/142639915985?epid=11003307286&hash=item21360063d1:g:LBkAAOSwO7haRxXg

What in the fuck are you talking about?`

It's a $200 watch, tops

then why is it being sold all over the place for over 500

Yuss I'm getting one from Asia :)

Please lurk more

it was actually $584 he paid

Oh shit son, what are you doing?

how would my lurking more change the fact the watch sells for over 500 dollars?

BECAUSE IT'S NOT WORTH $500

You're never gonna make it

walmart.com/ip/Seiko-Prospex-SNE437P1/698986438
>$215
In before goalpost moving with something along the lines of "but it's not in stock..!"

What the fuck is this? It is listed that high on every single website it is being sold on. that is the price of the watch.

it's worth 500 if people are paying 500

do you know what makes things worth money?

>out of stock
the places where it's in stock that have current pricing are asking closer to 600

Cool goal post moving there m8.

And they're gonna stay in stock.

the goal post was "what is the price of the watch" the answer is "most places are selling it for $550"

this is where the person in question bought it:

checkmate atheist

Are you mentally retarded? If you want that watch right now you would have to pay 500+ dollars for it which means the current price is 500+ dollars you brainless fucking idiot.

>I'm too fucking lazy to find a site that sells it for hundreds less
vinwatches.com/product/seiko-prospex-solar-divers-200m-sne437-sne437p1-sne437p-mens-watch/

>And they're gonna stay in stock.
>2 sold

Protip: click "2 sold"

new hot takes

Are you so retarded you can't literally just search the ref on ebay and find it for much less? If this is some bait in order to get people here to talk about this mediocre fucking seiko, then congrats.

ebay.com/itm/282459463923

you're gonna lose you hand if you don't loosen your bracelet bruh

Most fake watches are made in Vietnam, not China youtube.com/watch?v=TB1aIJfc3cc

I bet you think Daniel Wellington's are a great deal at $150

Is it worthwhile starting a watch selling business?

I want to believe he threw the watch away, but still lurks here every now and then. But I'm not gonna lie, his hand looks like an old bag of flour with pubes

And if you actually pay that much for that shitter, you're going to get laughed out of the thread like that guy did.

Wait a minute, this isn't vietnamese fake watches, was I deceived?

What is the point of having a watch in 2018?

They're neat

to have the time displayed on your wrist

any good deals you cool cats wanna let me in on?

$200 off

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01N5J6Y2M/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Mickey mouse watch on Aliexpress is actually running a Japanese miyota quartz movement

oh u

that's pretty neat but I'm not into mickey mouse or quartz watches

Right now I can think of three main reasons to use them, but there could be more of course.
-checking and count time in situations where taking out your 4.5 inches smartphone is not ideal, such as working in close area like a mechanic. hunting outdoors, or out of respect, you really shouln't pull your big smartphone in the middle of a funeral, or an opera or something. You could argue that just like people can see you pulling out your smartphone they too can see you moving your wrist to check the time, but the truth is very few people are going to notice the latter.
-Fashion, there really is no much reason to explain here, a watch can give a nice touch depending on what you're wearing as well as ruin your looks too depending on what you're wearing, like using a terrorist watch on a suit, or a dress watch while wearing t-shirt and flip flops or crocs
-craftsmanship, what goes inside the watch, how well is made. On watches this expand to the artistically aspect such as the polishing, beveling, heating, and design of the watch. And also the technical aspect such as the kind of movement it use and the functions said movement has, like Hi Beat for example.

What is the general consensus on Vietnamese women?

Good gf or wife material or no?

Good or bad in bed?

Better than Thai. More traditional. Better looking that other Asians but also much less interested in marrying foreigners.

watch pleb. I've noticed watches sold with bracelets have a different style than those with a strap. Does it generally look bad to put a strap on one modeled for a bracelet?

>Does it generally look bad to put a strap on one modeled for a bracelet?
Not at all

Returned more than 1 Seiko due to faults.
It seems to be the Chinese cased ones.

Does junghans actually do anything with their movements or are they just ETAs?

Honestly it's probably better get to the bracelet one.
Usually straps are cheaper than finding a new bracelet, so you can just stock up on new straps.
Wearing the same watch often while rotating out your straps/bracelet can be a good way to dress up or down a watch for the occasion.
The same rule for "belt should match shoes" applies to your watch strap if it's leather.
Brown shoes and belt? You should wear your brown leather strap.
Black Shoes and belt? You should wear your black leather strap.
Not wearing a leather strap? Doesn't matter that much then. (NATO/Zulu/Bracelet)

Applies to a more formal or business/business casual setting for the coordination thing btw.

Opinions on these? Hows the quality? Is wearing one basically like screaming "I couldn't afford a Submariner"?

TEVISE T801A Men Mechanical Watch $15

someone on here once said something along the lines of..
"It fulfills man's need of having a constant connection to the sun."

that's deep, wait no it's fucking stupid

I bought a tevise auto as a work shitter, I was surprised that it kept pretty acurate time. Not bad for $15

I hate that faggot and his annoying, unfunny girlfriend

Many QC issues, but at least they offer a warranty.

If you get a good one, it should work and last you many years.

fuck me

I'm going to sell my gw-5000-1jf.

I don't wear it enough.

Because people are buying it for over $500

>Is wearing one basically like screaming "I couldn't afford a Submariner"?

There are probably a billion submariner style watches in the world. Nobody will give a flying fuck, besides some salty autists. People that would judge you for that watch probably would not like you anyway, no matter the watch.
And normies dont know shit about watches, so never buy a watch to get compliments, like a good little puppy.
Grow up, wear what you like, dont be the biggest, most tastless fag tho.

Any of those weird funky watches actually good, or well made?

Where can I find quality deployant clasps? Any brands or do you find it doesn't matter? Didn't see anything in pastebins

Did you even google for it? There are a lot of results when searching for it.
>quality
Well, depends on your perception of it. And maybe the price you want to pay.
Whats good about them anyway? I have a watch with one and the clasp just digs into the skin, because its not flush with the strap. It also adds thickness to the underside of your arm, so you bump into more things with it. And you cant adjust your watch as fast as with a regular strap.

the only 'quality' deployants are the ones that were designed to be used with a specific strap.
Get lucky finding someone liquidating straps from their mid tier shitters because they fell for the NATO on dress watch meme.

do you not wildly flail your arms to denote your superiority over nature?

/o/ here. I recognize that switchgear as 90s-00s mopar. How much of a cunt do you look like wearing driving gloves in a 97 chrysler?

Can I mod this with tiger parts to make a snowflake sub?

Noice, I have the standard display one coming. I already have a negative display 5610.

Well, if the dimensions of the dial fit the case sure, but the movement probably wont have the proper holes to fit the dial pins.

>/o/ getting triggered by bait
Why am i not surprised? You guys are like children sometimes.