Whats that laptop you're saving up to/planning on buying this year?

Whats that laptop you're saving up to/planning on buying this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154230
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Still wishing for a fanless modernized X60

I am waiting, because of AMD meme.

Thinkpad X1 Carbon

15 inch MacBook Pro.

My current one, which is 7 years old, is starting to slow down.

MacBook Pro with Touchbar (tm)

Librem 15 with 16gb memory

Thinkpad x270. Going to wait for the x280 to drop, and then buy the x270 during the back to school season, when I can stack discounts.

Just like this guy I am waiting for a decent amd powered laptop to hit the market....

Dell xps 13, got it last year and wont want anything else for ages to come.

Something with Ryzen

Thinkpad P71

Probably gonna get a t450s when I get dat moneys

Got this last month
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154230

>this
Waiting for the sweet sweet APUs to drop on the market

T480

Well I'll probably need a laptop for uni sooner or later so I'll probably pick up a $200 thinkpad or something due to my drug habits

A fully spec'd T470p.
I was going to get a ThinkPad 25 but us UK folk got cucked.

>T470p

Might as well get a Kaby Lake-R ULV

This.

I'm waiting for a thinkpad t60 replaced with a riscv motherboard

XPS 13

surface laptop at a reduced price.

Mac Book Pro

I need an nvidia chip, and I hate large laptops.
That pretty much leaves me with a t470p since we're not getting a t480p.

all of the T series are getting discrete graphics, even the t480s in some markets

>laptops
People really use this as main workstation?

This or the T580 with intel+vega chip depending on how much it costs. Also honourable mention is the xps 13 for ultraportable. Its just a beautiful laptop.
No one said that.

Something with a IPS screen and back-lit keyboard and a CPU that doesn't such and a graphics chip that can be used with GNU/Linux without proprietary drivers.

I sold bitcoins on top so I have more than enough money.

Intel iGPUs aren't really all that for anything but a plain desktop and there's nothing available on the AMD side. Those new Ryzen/Vega APU chips they've been talking about aren't on the local market - yet. Perhaps there will be something decent worth buying later this year.

it's never fucking coming you nerd

I'm in the same boat. I have the last one that Steve jobs could save but it's getting slowwww.

How is the Latitude 5480, especially compared to T470p?

thinking of selling my x1 carbon yoga to get a surface book

Bought mine 1.5 years ago, so none.

meh, whatever I can find for free, then update to SSD and more memory. Not a cheap fag, just not stupid enough to spend 1k+ on gaming laptop.

Best you can do is X62 mobo and remove the fan from the heatsink

I'm saving up for upgrades if that counts?

I am just waiting for the Raven Ridge Thinkpads to drop.

Maybe Latitude 5495, if it's dual channel.

A replacement and larger battery, until I hopefully get a job and will have to worry about other shit.

They're all single channel m88, forget lolno-vo for AMD, they're straight up sabotaging their own machines to impress Intel.

I wish the chinks would hurry up and make upgrade motherboards for MacBooks like they have ThinkPads.

Imagine a 2008-2011 13" Macbook with Raven Ridge or Coffee Lake...

I really want an XPS 15 9560. Superb FHD display with over 1,500:1 contrast ratio and no PWM, not to mention the GTX 1050.

But I just can't justify 2,500 AUD for a laptop when I've always bought used thinkpads that have done fine by me.

Nothing.

I can't even justify buying an old thinkpad when my 2008 macbook still JUST WERKS.
Laptops have gone backward.

Alienware 18 for professional gaming

The current A475 can do dual channel, they are going to use the same chip set and just replace the Bristol Ridge APU with Raven Ridge.

The A275 yeah that is screwed with single channel.

Hopefully.
>that docking port
I really do hope it is, Latitude 5490 didn't have a proper docking port, so I'm not expecting 5495 will either.

Bought a T470 recently, so none.

This. I got a laptop and it werks. I'm considering replacing my X201s with T60, but probably not any soon.

I'm going to buy a 1080p screen for my x220
t. not a consumerist faggot

Same

I don't have to save up to get a laptop, at least not any of the ones most of you would recommend.
IF I was saving up for a laptop, then I'd probably get pic related

>they'll figure out how to game yours too

15" macbook pro 2018
just for xcode ... (shakes head)
have been an asus shill then moved onto dell xps 13. Great form factor but just too heavy to be perfect.

Looking at some 17 inch clevo sagers currently but prices are still shit
>gaming laptop
Oxymoron

that cat seems rather pleased and i'm genuinely happy for it

Stop posting cat

> being a developer
> need to save up in order to buy laptops
UL pajeet, I can get easy 4-5 MBPs a month as a senior dev

too heavy? wtf are u a soyboy?

Just got an Inspiron 7577. I know that it's a gayming laptop, but it looks somewhat presentable and I need the graphics card for amateur ML. Now, I'm looking into a small, hyper-portable lappy for when I can't lug this beast around.

I never noticed the bit of cream on his nose before.
:3

Going to buy a Surface Book 2 in a few days.

Some x-series thinkpad idk
Just need to upgrade

>laptop
Useless junk.
I will probably need one in the future, but it'll be a cheap one that is good enough to run MS Office and youtube for job related reasons. I prefer to save the money to build a good PC for leisure and entertainment.

Have a porkster :)

I have a few on my wishlist.
>currently own
Transnote which is a work in progress to install Linux on
W700ds which is currently the only working one I have, runs Arch Linux but in future will be delegated as a dualboot windows/linux for occasional use only for development
>used to own
x220 that I smashed in a fit of rage last month during a fight with gf coz my altcoins lost 50% of value
>want to own
x230 for gf because she will learn how to use linux and I can install a russian x220 keyboard into it
x230 or x220 for myself as a replacement daily driver running arch linux
x200 or x201 I will use as an airgapped laptop for my buttcoins

>gf
>Sup Forums

>Whats that laptop you're saving up to/planning on buying this year?
Retina MBP from 2014
Gonna max out that 1600p resolution for after effects

My computer is shitting the bed and I don't know if it can be repaired, my dad is telling me to get a laptop instead but I still want to run mid-level games at 30. Are laptops these days more comparable in terms of gaming?

I do and it's comfy, I love my XPS 15.
For really heavy stuff I have a dedicated server in my lab, tho.