How the fuck did Micro-USB become a standard when its complete trash?

How the fuck did Micro-USB become a standard when its complete trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/35j4sl/my_micro_usb_cord_keeps_disconnecting_from_the/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>rapidly connects and disconnects for no reason
heh, nothing personell kid

>why did it become standard
because everyone else was using it, same reason anything becomes standard.

Who cares, USB-C is the standard now and micro USB is ancient history

thank god for that, USB-C actually manages to stay in its fucking port

Because it was better than mini usb and (((they))) knew they could make a lot on micro usb cables failing because of the poor design

Super Small IO.
>Cellphones

usb c is replacing it now

It happened when the Android phone makers lobbied the European Community for a common charging port, one that wasn't Apple. They tried to make it mandatory on every phone maker.
Once the dust settled the chosen port was the one that Samsung had switched to when Apple threatened to sue them for using Apple's charging port design.
Samsung hid all this by claiming Apple was suing them for "rounded corners", something not mentioned in any of Apple's trade dress suits.

You mean those Apple fuckers almost killed USB C?

Trash compared to what?

It done it's job.

>Trash compared to what?
every other type of USB

>Android phone
No.
Nokia pushed for it 4 years before android was even a thing on the whiteboard.
It's a solid connector that doesn't break unless you're a caveman retard.
I still had my 2006 Nokia charging cable which I charge my newest phones on and use for my DS4 controller up till last year.
Port was intact but cable had been run over one too many times and had been bent too many times so it opened up like pic related.
Port never failed.

>using $.05 chink cables that previously served as your dog's toy

/thread

Nigga, I've wasted more money than I should have ever had to on these fucking cables.
No matter how much I spend they end up being trash that stops staying connected within a week

I've been using my current micro usb cable since, i don't know, 2010? It came bundled with my old LG P500. Works just as fine on day one.

compared to Mini usb? type B or A? E6?

What?

nigga it's not a solid port; even when it's functional it takes very little to dislodge it.

Pull straight out?
Stop bending it.
If it's your phone you relate these problems to, then stop being a retarded kid and don't have it on your bed.

Everything I own has trouble staying connected via microUSB, they're just really shitty ports and the cables barely stay in.

I don't know how I'm supposed to use a microUSB to plug my Xbone controller into my computer if the slightest movement causes it to unplug

i never have this problem, possibly because i don't swing from my usb cables like George of the Fucking Jungle.

Do you own stock in microUSB or something?

What cable are you using? (brand)
The Xbone controller seems to be as tight as the DS4 I have so it's not the port.
My cables don't even move a nudge when they are connected to my DS4.
It moves ever so slightly on my old HTC Legend, but that thing has been in such heavy use that it's a wonder it doesn't disconnect from movement.

AAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAaaaaaAA

reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/35j4sl/my_micro_usb_cord_keeps_disconnecting_from_the/
Buy non-shit cable like everyone have already told you.

>What cable are you using? (brand)
The most recent ones I bought were the 10ft Anker cables, they seem pretty sturdy, the other cables are just random ones I've acquired over the years. None of them stay connected to anything though.

Haven't heard of Anker before (local brand?) But if it stays and the random no-names doesn't that's your answer.
The cable that came with my Nexus 10 was kinda flimsy and I put it back in and kept using my Nokia cable, now I use the cable that came with my HTC M9 and an Andersson USBm cable both are firm and stay in place.

>they recommend I use the cable that I have already bought twice
Damn, guess I'm just an idiot and I'm plugging in the recommended cable the wrong way then.
I concede, microUSB is great

?You're yanking it wrong!
>t. micro-usb apologists

Of course, Apple doesn't have any of these problems.

>bend cable in every direction to pull it out from a socket
>complain that the port gets rounded and loose.
You're the type of person that have round lug nuts on your car.

>port is cheap and shitty
>have to handle it like a baby to avoid breaking it because of garbage build quality
>have to plug in and unplug the devices that use these trash cables multiple times a day

clean the lint of your port, fucking caveman

>buys cheap and shitty cables
>have to handle it like a baby to avoid breaking it because of garbage build quality
>doesn't realize he have to plug in and unplug the devices that use these trash cables multiple times a day and still bought chink shit.

Damn you're right, I looked into it and the company that makes the cable is based in Seattle.
I should have bought the cables from a 1st world country instead

Good luck with your stocks my friend, hopefully your investment in Micro USB doesn't bite you in the ass when everyone moves on to literally anything else that isn't shit

I'm not smart enough to put money into stocks.
But I do know how to plug a cable and to not break a 11 year old USB Micro cable with daily use.

>USA first world country
First jews country perhaps.

mini usb was even worse.
proprietary non-standard manufacturer-specific connectors were 100000% cancer, especially when you need to get a new one