What happened to american innovation

What happened to american innovation

Americans literally invented modern computing and both relevant CPU firms are american.

Just because everything is made in china doesn't mean they know how to design things worth a damn all they do is copy and imitate.

Decrease in rates of R&D across the public and private sector. IP law leading to lots of patent trolls and corporate entities suing their competition into oblivion or forcing them to settle/get bought out. Population getting older so more people buying stocks as a source of pension. Lack of public interest in science/technology, more interest in blowing up brown people/paying for corporate welfare and football stadiums.

Focus on short term profits over long term innovation

Innovation isn't profitable

People can make a lot of money from the shittiest ideas as long as they have some way of harvesting behavioral habits of their users.

Nobody willing to fund for long enough periods for real innovation to happen because they need weekly reports about where there money is being used. Especially true in academics where you lose your job if you're not publishing at least 3 papers a year (the quality of which don't matter).

Go to bed Drumpf

amerimutts just made some improvements on consumer trash and chinks are BTFOing you on that. sad!
x86 is dying

This. Also, not everything is made in China, especially not CPUs, AMD and Intel only have a handful of fab location in China, most of them are in the US with some in Europe.

>all they do is copy and imitate.
that's how they learn
what Americans did in the past doesn't matter
they sold the industry to china, they sold the patents, they sold the skills and knowledge.
now Americans have nothing but this "history"

>""""american innovation""""
The telephone, radio and other countless things were made/discovered by Italians.
As always the amerishart could not cope with being inferior and had to stole the credit.

Chinese wouldn't buy patents because they don't give a fuck about stealing IP rights. They do have double standards though, and will collectively boycott western companies which either try to assert their own IP rights or violate Chinese IP rights.

Chinese are good learners, but they have zero creativity. Creativity is drilled out of them by the system. They're raised to conform to national policy and there's nothing that encourages them to be creative. In schools for example, there's no concept of plagiarism by children. Children all hand in the same answers and it's considered normal, if the answers are correct then it doesn't matter how they came to get the right answers.

I don't think anyone in a creative role needs to worry about Chinese taking away their jobs any time soon.

SMASH INNOVATION

Diversity and inclusiveness is what's important!

DIE INNOVATION SCUM

This desu

this is pretty innovative.
yes, I know Musk is from South Africa.
yes, I know it is mostly pre-existing tech.
yes, I know some of his other projects are rather questionable.

but damn, it's a commercial, reusable orbital rocket which cuts cost to orbit per kg by 2/3 or more.

Americans are actually dumb as shit and haven't ""innovated"" anything for centuries. Most of the new inventions are made by immigrants, or their children.
It's funny hearing Americans complain about foreigners "stealing their jobs" and blaming it on the fact that they're willing to work for less, instead of realizing the immigrants are just better.

>anything for centuries
What centuries? America is less than 3 centuries old.

Still plural.

The rest of the world took them, perfected them and got ahead. Burgers are still stuck in the past because of muh freedumbs and stubbornness

>Most of the new inventions are made by immigrants, or their children.
WE

chinks are copying scum
>supercars
chink copy
>iphone
chink copy
>chink android phones
chinks copy design from american or euro designers
>clothes
chink copy
i fucking hate chinks
they're taking over africa now and we all sit here like faggots
we're about to get raped by chinks and no one does anything

Not him, but most of the noteworthy scientists from the previous century were born outside of US and just went there for political/economical reasons. Nobody is implying that niggers/spics are somehow inventing shit. It's the European scientists that go to USA who suddenly become American as soon as they set a foot on the soil.

Outsourced to India to cut costs.

One of the early patents for Color TV was created by a Mexican..

Excessive Profiteering took precedence over it.

/thread

>The telephone, radio and other countless things were made/discovered by Italians.
>Technology that allows criminals and subverters to communite without law enforcement stopping them was created by the italians
go figure

If you're trying to do damage control that's a very poor attempt at it

They don't have any. GF is global but it's america, europe, and some parts of SEA. TSMC's fabs are mostly in Taiwan. Even if you include Samsung most of their fabs are in South Korea. Intel is mostly America, some europe and israel. I can't think of any major semiconductor fabricator that has significant presence in China.

>chinese have no creativity!
>Americans kills their entire art industry and it's like 90% Chinese and Filipinos

Little creativity is still better than none at all. America is currently at none and I hate to say it because I'm an America loving nut

It's still here, but the sort of R&D put into places like PARC and Bell Labs just doesn't really happen anymore. Sure both private and public institutions have areas of R&D but they're not Bell Labs in its heyday. Although Microsoft and IBM labs are pretty nice, I'm sure there are others. Designing things is still a big part of US innovation, though we've really lost touch with the manufacturing side, something that companies have done very deliberately. Of course that seems to be how innovation dies, because suddenly, less and less people deal with the physical constraints of devices or the real world in general. It's sad but its not hopeless user.

Underrated. I feel like Musk is a pretty polarising figure, either people revere him or they absolutely despise him. The guy is a genius marketer and knows how to play consumers, just like Jobs did.
Still, what SpaceX does is pretty impressive.

>What happened to american innovation
It moved to Japan

>>What happened to american innovation
>It moved to Japan
To China, actually.
Do try to keep up with the times.

Intel has one.