Miners, please stop

Dear Miners,

GPUs are not only for money. Think about us gamers, especially budget gamers. You make the GPU prices go high.

Even JayzTwoCents, Cnet and Nvidia thinks the same.

JayzTwoCents: youtube.com/watch?v=uT-pP4wvLV8

Cnet: cnet.com/news/bitcoin-boom-pc-gaming-graphics-card/

Nvidia:trustedreviews.com/news/bitcoin-mining-nvidia-gpu-threat-graphics-card-retailers-gamers-3381230

Your Regards,
A Concerned Gamer and a PC Lover

>Even JayzTwoCents, Cnet and Nvidia thinks the same
>Even Nvidia thinks the same

they're pandering and white knighting to soiboi's. in reality they love the new business this brings them.

Then tell me why Nvidia limited 2 purchases per card?

>begging

wow, too much butthurt minefags...

Not a miner myself, just another person waiting for this shit to settle down but I won't reduce myself to begging like the OP.

I dunno.
Tell me why they sell in bulk directly to miners and companies that sell mining rigs.

They like the money but don't want to alienate their main customer base. They know this is only a temporary thing but still want to ride the profits.

>nvidia
>soibois
Nah, they're playing both markets.
nVidia is telling retailers to stop shifting the supplier they're given to miners, becuase they're stipulating the product is for the gaming segment.
If they don't comply, they'll get less cards and nvidia will sell more cards via their webstore.

nVidia hasn't told any of the AIBs to stop selling to large scale miners, only Retailers.

Just save you cucks

t.GTX1070 owner from NZ that payied $900NZD for his graphics card and also father of 2 kids and has a wife on a single income.

I have a feeling gpu's are going cost alot more next release of video cards mark my works

>PC master race btfo by the one thing they bragged about - money
>meanwhile graphic design cards are still cheap so people can get on with actual work
>my xbox one still plays vidya when i want to waste some time in the evenings
>crypto miners can still harvest their drug tokens
remind me who loses again?

Corsair.
sux2bthem

If Nvidia really gave a shit (hint - they dont) about miners hoarding cards then they'd write something in the firmware to stop them being used for that purpose. But they dont, because money. If i made graphics cards for a living and they were selling faster than i could make them i'd be too busy paying whores to kick me in the bollocks to worry about someone who "might" buy one (1) card in a few years.

dumb kids don't understand supply and demand-the thread

>gamer

They care about the supply they set to be sold to gamers to keep their PR up being used for mining.
That's why they're giving shit to US retailers.
They don't at all care about mining in general though, they still let the AIBs sell in bulk to mining farms and they have their own mining operations.

Retail supplies in the western world are designated for gaming and Nivida is increasingly protecting that, as it's needed for the PR and mindshare.

>mfw bought a ps4 pro for $350
>pc fags are now paying more for just a gpu which can't even run games at 4K
Literally LMAO'ing at your life

You don't build a business by saying fuck you to all your core audience when miners aren't going to be around forever. Everyone knows that. If they screw over gamers, theirs a good chance the market could swing against them and leave them in a bad place in 5-10 years.

i agree but what they've said is totally unenforceable surely, i worked in shops as a kid and there are so many ways to bypass shit like this, not limited to:
>buy two, come back in and buy another two
>the same but with a different cashier
>get a mate to buy two as well
>pay a bum to buy two
>get mummy to pick some up when she buys some tendies
>order them online to different addresses - i have 3 alone i can use and i dont even mine (home, work, parents house)
>probably something obvious im missing

>begging for me to stop buying shit I can afford, just to please teenage game toddlers
Sup ForumsIRGINS BTFO

>budget gamers
Buy a ps4 or ps3 depending on your budget

You think 12 year olds building PC's have morals?
You think Nvidia lost market share after the 970 3.5GB debacle?
Most people will simply buy the best card for the best price.
If Nvidia suddenly starts selling the best gaming cards after 5 years of ignoring their core audience, you can bet that those gamers will buy them up immediately, no questions asked.

The mining bubble is not long for this world, even if it recovered tomorrow.

World governments are growing wise to crypto currencies, and want to bring in regulations. So the current wild west free for all attitude of crypto is not a long term prospect.

Good. Games and the gaming "community" is pure cancer. Mining is actually productive, it's the future of currency. Can't stop the future.

Wasting power on useless calculations is not productive.

They can't stop them outside of restricting supply itself, no.
But restricting supply is a pretty big blockade.

Small shops won't neccessarily have the foresight to comply, but they probably won't be targeted so much either.
Microcenter has already limited sales to 4 per customer since nvidia made their noise, with significantly inflated prices unless you're buying a whole system.

Because it doesn't affect anything? Nvidia cannot control resellers.

This.
Mining is bringing forth the heat death of the universe quicker for no gain.
You're gaining sure, but society as a whole doesn't benefit from blockchain vs. regular bookkeeping.
Still, lots of people play videogames and aren't even happy doing so, so that's not very utilitarian either.

Just buy some gaymen laptop just enough to run games like csgo or world of warcraft

Dear OP,

Stop fucking caring about what people do with their purchases. We don't tell you what to do with your GPU or any hardware and so shouldn't you. We could tell you that you're basically slowing down the progress of crypto currency by not using your mining hardware 24/7 and that it physically hurts us to see that you use that hardware to calculate fucking triangles just for your amusement but we don't because we don't get to tell you what to do with your purchase.

You're poor because you didn't pay attention a few years ago. You also didn't expect GPUs to get expensive because you didn't pay attention a few years ago. Don't blame us for your ignorance. Instead of crying on Sup Forums that your gaming peripherals are expensive because finally there's a legitimate use for it you could re-evaluate your life and find out why you are so butt blasted for a non-issue like expensive PC hardware you don't actually need. You know you can get a complete fucking playstation for less money then a GPU? Here, problem solved.

Kind regards,

Anonymous

> t. power wasting man

*nVidia can't control what a retailler does with product they already have
nVidia can on the other hand, decline to supply retaillers based on knowledge that a retailler is acting against their wishes.
They can follow this through the entire chain from the die hitting the AIB to the customer running geforce experience...

A certain percentage of dies are allocated to gaming *only* as they're one of the best free advertising machines and a core market.
nVidia will protect that percentage.
That percentage is less than 10%
nvidia doesn't care about the other 70% being sold en-masse to miners. (They also have Film, Universities, NSA and Automotive markets that have dies set aside)

>2018
>external glue
Lol, u can play Doom/Quake on Intel chipset

> t. power wasting man
Mining converts the $$$ spend on kWh and GPUs to another currency. kWh spend on spitting out polygons for you viewing pleasure is actually useless and wasted energy.

Is anyone in this thread actually a miner, or are the people being assholes in this thread just trolling?

>"""""""currency"""""""

get fucked gaymer fags, back to your containment toddler board I own 4 1070's and I haven't played a computer game in 10 years

yes, currency.

It is. Eventually in the near future.
Heat death is millions of years in the future. Loss of entropy requires a cosmic amount of energy transfers.

Making money is better than playing shitty games you manchild.

get fucked gaymurs
even after this """crash""" I still make more money per month than when I started mining last year
can't wait for stores to restock so I can go buy more GPUs

>mining
>making money
pick one.

Hi grandpa. Yes, crypto coins are money. You can buy or sell stuff with it. You'll use it yourself in the near future.

Pretend money you mean. The fact the market is so volatile is proof cryptobux are actually worthless.

Mummy is going to be so mad if you jack up her powerbill again

I was looking at the 1080ti the other day and was disappointed. Why is a single card still not able to run 4 4k screens? I just want to shitpost on many displays.

Yet I'm still making money without having a real job.

monopoly money lol. you're one to complain about games

>monopoly money lol
That's just not true.

I case you weren't trolling: Mining is a job that makes money. How else did you think miners can afford all these GPUs even though the prices are higher then ever?

I guess it's hard wrapping your head around the fact that a pick axe can be used to make money if you start doing something useful with it instead of just drawing triangles in the sand.

you know you don't have to keep your mining profit in crypto

all money is monopoly money

This.

It's not real money as you can't do anything with it.
mining more won't change a thing as banks don't want to be outclassed.

In a sense, I suppose. Marks from the weimar republic were also a currency that with massive daily value fluctuation. But I don't think the germans were happy with that.

>Pretend money you mean.
ALL money that isn't physical coins is pretend money, fa.m Notes are pretend money. The number on your bank account that starts with $ is pretend money. We are using pretend money for YEARS and it kinda works this way. The difference between crypto pretend money and previous pretend money is that the former is actually scarce.

I bought a Sup Forums pass with it

Let's see you finance a car with internet coins.

>It's not real money as you can't do anything with it.
Grandpa, start using the internet for other things than yelling on Sup Forums.

why the fuck would I buy a car? you can buy real estate with bitcoin

In the Netherlands some people actually use crypto currency to trade in the private sector. Also, see pic related.

Paid in full.
No one would finance anything with a "currency" so volatile it's impossible to imagine the value 12 months from now.

good luck finding a place to live where you can use bitcoin for your day-to-day expenses.
Maybe in 20 years.

post yfw royal bank of Canada started using Eth

why would you want to get a loan to buy a car with fiat? cars usually aren't more than like 50k$, just pay for it out of pocket if you want one

don't you have a dogs cock to suck?

What the fuck is wrong with you? Shouldn't you want GPU prices to go down so you can buy them easier?

I want them to go up so the toddlers get angry

>us gamers
This is not Sup Forums, kid

Very convenient currency of the future you have there, where no one but the rich can buy cars.

>Maybe in 20 years.
Well, here you go. And what would be more profitable? Mining now or in 20 years?

Post your earnings folder.

You don't even mine coins, do you?

Just catch it while in stock retard, I sniped gtx 1080ti few days ago for 800 bucks
If you buy GPU above MSRP price there's something wrong with you

This cucks Sup Forums even further

No one ever talks about the real problem, which is that cryptocurrency wastes absolutely staggering amounts of electricity globally now, and the numbers keep increasing.

And this is all just electricity being wasted on pointless high-intensity processor usage that serves no actual real purpose. It's hard only as an artificial barrier to create scarcity.

Cryptocurrency is by definition to volatile to ever be a stable currency, and it mostly is used by criminals and corrupt authoritarian government members to transfer money without a trace to buy stuff like investment properties in American cities, driving up rent costs. Or to fund drug dealers and mafias.

In 20 years as current moneys will become obsolete when banks release the only (((correct))) and acceptable crypto currency.
You will have to link your wallet to your bank account and will destroy the only benefice of crypto currencies.
Mass-spread crypto shit is NOT possible.

This is probably bullshit because the intensity of bitcoin mining keeps increasing, but stock is declining.

I'm very curious how much miners make not a month. (Don't bother answering without actual evidence-based proof).

>Cryptocurrency is by definition to volatile to ever be a stable currency
what?

I agree. It's such a waste of power and generates heat for nothing.

Fuck crypto currency they ruined PC gayming. Now consoles are a valid, better alternative since you could get one for the same price of one of those memePU.

F U C K
I'm stuck with a PC with double 5870, one of the first crypto taxed cards, I can't buy anything if same gen cards.

because the germans didn't have the choice to buy their bread with a stable currency while buying low and selling high on the mark

neither can the pro, nice upscaling faggot.

mining difficulty is always going to go up, so the value of the reward given to miners has to go up as well, otherwise nobody would mine.

Governments should outlaw crypto overnight. Imagine the amount of money that would be wiped away in an instant.

But why is it "by definition too volatile"? What part of crypto is inherently volatile?

mining is a shot in the dark, and you guys already shot your own feet a couple times now.
next time can be fatal.

As less people mine, the profitability of mining goes up.

IMO crypto currency is a great filter. We waste so many resources on it.

>still crying about this

You do understand that if things keep going the way they're going miners will have to dump their used gpus for cheap to cut losses, right?

Are you retarded? That's such a stupid question that it doesn't deserve an answer.

>Buying used miners gpus

enjoy your dead cards

It has several upper limits which will fuck the market each breach until it hits the final delimiter, after which we either destroy Earth as a species or not.
Mining requires electricity for no real reason whatsoever, we haven't hit the markers where Governments step in to protect the energy supply for things other than mining yet, but if it continues unchecke, we will.
Then we he have the upper bounds of what energy we can produce now as a species, for wasting on shitty do-nothing transactions.
If we start burning more coal for more useless transactions, we're on a definate path to destruction.

I used to mine with 10 R9 280x
All of them are still being used on friends' PCs for gaming and still going strong.

It's your loss if you don't take advantage of the ultra cheap GPUs that are about to flood the market, don't come whining back again when it's over.

Explain how.

What? As far as I know, crypto is volatile because the future of it and the value is almost entirely speculation. If it was adopted more widely and had a much higher market cap, I don't see how it would still be volatile. The supply is much more certain than fiat and it has much less inflation, I would think it would be less volatile.

Demand creates supply, the more people mine crypto and the more electricity and power we use, the more renewable energy will be invested in. China has the most renewable energy investment in the world. Either way, this has nothing to do with my question.

Just like when a well of oil is dry you start looking for another one.
One coin becomes completely unminable, they create a new one and start again, no wonder there are quintillions joke coins.

there won't be a market flood if crypto doesn't die completely and there are still new coins developed that suggest profit to the dreamers

No gamer wants those cards on their last legs. They get bought only because they are literally only sold out everywhere.

>on their last legs
Explain how.

There are other shitty coins, it doesn't mean they are profitable to mine. Bitcoins value is so high that even with competition, there is money to be made.

>stop buying cards that will pay for themselves in under a year

It doesn't have to die completely, it just has to become unprofitable to mine.
If BTC is low it brings everything else down too, constantly creating new shitcoins isn't going to be profitable if you're fighting with huge farms for peanuts.

Are you retarded? Who would want to buy a product and then can't use it the way they want?