anco is shit
radiohead is shit

>paul simon is vastly superior to bob dylan
agreed

>paul simon is vastly superior to bob dylan
Yep

The Smiths are better than The Beatles.

These

I don't understand what the big deal is about Swans.
The Beatles were undoubtedly more influential, but I'll agree with this statement.

Merzbow is for pretentious cunts.

and justice for all is better than master of puppets

Everyone thinks that. If they aren't saying it, they're subconsciously thinking it.

I'm fine with this because Ride the Lightning is their best anyway

>pop music is bad
>production killed musicianship

Trompe Le Monde is better than Doolittle
Oasis don't deserve half he acclaim they got
Manic Street Preachers are one of the GOAT bands ever out of sheer songwriting habilities and aesthetics

Amnesiac and In Rainbows are the best Radiohead albums.

Care to elaborate on the second one?

>not kill em all

>paul simon superior
true
>anco is shit
true
>radiohead is shit
false

yeah i agree

The Cure are whiny faggots and their music is garbage.

ew.

I think people who feel the need to share their contrarian opinions are fucking morons

lmao

I think people who feel the need to share their opinions about other people's contrarian opinions are fucking morons.

False.

One time I met Bob Dylan

>be me
>walking downtown in New York City
>real fucking hungry
>go up to hotdog stand
>ask vendor for one wiener with all the works
>reaches open the metal door on his stand
>Dylan pops his fucking head out
>"Holy fuck, are you Bob Dylan? May I have your autograph, sir?"
>'I dunno, man, order your hotdog and I'll see how I fEEEEeeel about it'
>"but sir I already ordered my hotdo-"
>he starts rubbing sauerkraut and relish on my crotch
>"No one will ever beliEEEEEeeeeve you"
>he gets out of the stand compartment and walks away

Frank Zappa is a bigger meme than yung lean t b h

Also applies to the Smiths.

No to both.

Also applies to Radiohead.

Avant Jazzcore is better than Progressive Dreamfunk

Classical music is worse than top 40.

I thought everyone knew radiohead is shit?
Also, Sonic Youth is shit too.

Also Swans.

>mfw

OP here, i agree. sonic youth is accessible noise rock for normies

>paul simon
very pleasant
>anco is shit
please stop this

You used to call me on your cell phone.

I'm not authority on Swans but I think you're probably right. I've given them a million chances and it seems people only like them because it's considered hip. What a load of rubbish. Will we ever have good bands again or will kids always be too afraid to remove their heads from their asses?

I'll admit that I've heard some decent female "punk" bands in recent years but nothing too ground breaking. They get the amount of attention that they deserve so I have no qualms with them.

>trying to compare the man who wrote Visions Of Johanna and Sad Eyed Lady to Paul "I play mediocre covers of old folk songs" Simon. Paul could maybe compared to Freewheelin dylan though.

I agree with everything up until Radiohead is shit. Pablo Honey and The Bends are great, beyond that is between ok and mediocre.

Free jazz is literally hilarious.

I'll never forgive them for the weight they put on Kurt Cobains already have insecurities. IMO they're one of the biggest reasons he's not around anymore.
I would have rather Nirvana never been famous than have that kid kill himself.

LEARN FROM HIM, KIDDOS! You do not want to make the same mistakes.

Agreed

The Smiths arent even superior to The Cure who isn't even in the top 10 bands of the 80s.

I wish I could
But hey I'm here so... :3

Kurt Cobain's already heavy insecurities. I really need to get a desk, I'm too lazy at typing when laying in bed.

The Presidents of the United States' first album is literally flawless

Kill 'Em All > Ride The Lightning

Your mildly attractive Semitic looks won't work this time, Zimmerman.

Agreed. Free jazz is as good as freestyle rap and EARLY acid rock.

What did Sonic Youth do to his insecurities?

>Kurt Cobain
>Insecurities
Maybe those whose his persona exemplified
But no he himself was not insecure and actually rather hamfistedly deliberate

Dylan was mediocre. His better known songs are traditional folk melodies plus faux profound gibberish lyrics which where often also plagiarised. He cynically latched on the civil rights and anti-war movements for a quick buck but in reality the man is a vicious zionist who openly supports ethnic cleansing

>electronic music isn't real music
>music died with Beethoven
>black "music" is even worse
>the guitar was a fucking mistake
>sampling is fucking disgusting and makes me want to kill
>DJs are fucking stupid and so is turntables
>All modern artists are fucking jokes except James Ferraro

He was pretty insecure irl according to multiple sources. Why wouldn't you think so?

kek

>Gibberish Lyrics
just because you have the reading level of a held back fourth grader doesn't mean its gibberish user. jus sayin

Well I would think that he was honest in expressing that his act was ambiguously subversive.

Well this is the way I see it.

I feel as if I've known a lot of kids just like Sonic Youth. Rich kids that are extremely pretentious who inherited all of their tastes from their parents and other authority figures. They ride around putting way too much effort into seeming like they're rebellious whenever it's not really a risk for them. Their inspiration came from a drastically different place than artists like Kurt Cobain but claim to be just as valid by feigning obscurity. It's impossible for kids as insecure as Kurt Cobain to not look up to people like that never realizing that it's all a charade. Kids like Sonic Youth don't know any better and push this impossible image onto the vulnerable like Kurt Cobain because they recognize that Kurt has real talent and is very useful. People like Kurt will never get to be people like Sonic Youth.
After that it's all about those kids convincing him to sign onto a major label.

He was insecure about EVERYTHING. He was a very short and frail man that spent his last years as a drug addict. His father left at a young age and soon he left the rest of his family as well. He moved to Olympia where kids like that are constantly exploited into becoming dancing monkeys.

Oh and also Calvin Johnson probably never knew how to reach out to him aswell or cared enough to figure it out. It's all business with these musician kids but none of them ever make it clear. Kurt did.

Business and fame is always way more important to these types than actual compassionate relationships. Kurt was doomed as soon as he started getting any exposure.
No Nirvana song is worth the kid's life.

So? How is that even a point?

the shameless flaunt of ignorance

I think if you really want to appreciate Kurt Cobain then it's important to learn from his mistakes. You DON'T want to be like him. Kurt Cobain didn't even want to be Kurt Cobain. He abandoned his wife and kid and an entire generation that revolved around his every move. None of the success is worth it.
And how did his music really motivate us to be positive people? Do you really think Kurt would agree with the way leftism, feminism, and all those other causes have developed in his shadows? I don't think so. I think as soon as he started seeing what he created it was even more pressure to take his own life. Learn from his mistakes.

I wholeheartedly agree. Great posts.
I only wish the people around him weren't as toxic.

It's all relative. You can argue that they were born into their luxury and naivety just as much as Kurt was born into pain and isolation.

Who really was a better representation of humanity? The monkey or the alien?

yup

Dr. John > Tom Waits > Captain Beefheart

Tom Waits
White Stripes
Radiohead
Beatles
Queen
= fedora

I don't give a shit about Guided By Voices or the Manic Street Preachers

The only GOOD Beach Boys song is Pet Sounds.
The only GOOD Beatles song is Strawberry Fields Forever.
Screamo is surprisingly better, harsher and more creative than Extreme Metal.
Everything touched by Gira after Children of God is utter shit. Everything before that is pure fucking gold.
RAP IS A CORPORATE GENRE

>popular opinion
you're shit

Steely Dan are better than The Beatles

Taylor Swift isn't trash

EL&P aren't trash either

The Final Cut is amazing and should have been released as a solo album

views is good

Medulla is Bjork's best album, or at least on par with Vespertine.

I definitely agree with that last one. Underrated for sure.

>If I don't like it everybody else must be pretending!

My unpopular opinion is that all britpop and grunge bands are fucking awful. Occasionally you'll get a band in either genre (Pulp and Nirvana, respectively) that aren't utter garbage but the rest of it is just mediocre bullshit. Hate those genres so much.

Galaxie 500 are good but On Fire is overrated a lot. They're not a great band at all in my opinion.

Blues, as a genre, is horribly boring and the sole performer who didn't completely and utterly bore to me tears was John Lee Hooker, and even at that I don't particularly like his music too much. Maybe because I don't feel sad for similar reasons and can relate more to white boy sad stuff like The Smiths or something.

yeah

Actually going to continue this lol.

Funk is easily one of the greatest genres of all time, and Betty Davis is one of the greatest funk artists to ever live, and on top of that is a superior artist to massive numbers of other people who are far more popular or acclaimed.

Marvin Gaye is overrated and Curtis Mayfield is a better soul musician by far.

Joanna Newsom is a musical genius and one of the greatest western songwriters of the past thirty years and deserves to be thought of in the same light as the likes of Bob Dylan, Nick Drake, Joni Mitchell, Johnny Cash and Neil Young.

Country music is fantastic and incredibly underrated.

One final unpopular opinion.

White Light from the Mouth of Infinity, Filth, Swans are Dead, Soundtracks for the Blind, The Great Annihilator, The Seer and To Be Kind are all clearly better albums than Children of God and there are at least four songs on Children of God that are really poor.

I don't have any unpopular/contrarian/controversial opinions and I'm ok with that.

I think most Sup Forumscore is good, and give the albums I haven't listened to the benefit of the doubt, except for obvious memes.

You can edit the shit out of everything, you know?

I agree, their playing is awful and their singer sounds like a gay guy singing karaoke in a bar.

Kid A is half filler.

what is the filler to you?

Post-reunion Swans are garbage
Only

One Hot Minute is the best album RHCP has made

England hasn't put out any good music in 25 years.

I don't really like Swans much. Some albums are ok, but filth sounded annoying the last time I listened to it. Their post-punk sounding albums are tolerable, but they sound like a million other post-punk bands.
I don't get why a rich person liking something is less "rebellious" than a poor person liking it. I've actually lived around poor people most of my life and they are shit-tier humans.

new and exciting ways to create music is a bad thing?

Red hot chili peppers is my favorite band
Amnesiac is better than kid a

Rich is more than just money. It's family and welfare and exposure to the world.

Poor people grow up not even knowing how little they have.

>Poor people grow up not even knowing how little they have.
now thanks to the internet everyone knows everything. start countdown to proletarian world revolution

I'd rather jackoff and shitpost about Nirvana instead.

Every Radiohead album that isn't either Kid A or Hail To The Thief is a literal turd. Fuck Oasis, too.

Good luck starting a world revolution from your basement.

this is not a contrarian opinion

Saying you like Swans, Radio Head, and Sonic Youth is contrarian.

I disagree but I commend you for appreciating their 2 best albums at least.

>radiohead is shit
Indeed it is

RHCP have never released a bad album

holy shit