Perfect laptops don't ex-

Perfect laptops don't ex-

That's not a Precision M4800.

-ist because we all have different needs

> no ethernet

You got me. I'm trying to decide between the xps 13 and this year's thinkpads (t580 in particular) and I just can't decide. Pure portable sexy vs IO and replaceable hardware

Why not the T480?
It's more portable and has the same IO (I think)

The XPS 13 (9360) is one of my favorite laptops, but man I fucking hate this keyboard

It's the best keyboard when it comes to all the other ultrabooks I've tried (especially by comparison to the newest Macs), but fucking hell. The worst part is the inconsistency, honestly. Sometimes keys feel mushy. Sometimes they dont'.

Great screen, great battery, great for Linux, great touchpad. But FUCK Ultrabook keyboards.

Do smart.
Get a Prestigio SmartBook 133s.

Battery my man. To my knowledge the 480's can't be hotswapped and keep me going on long trips.
I honestly hardly notice a difference in most laptop keyboards. Its all the same shit tier to me. Screen, battery and linux are exactly what I'm after.

even the best laptop is utter crap against an average desktop.
laptops are for manlets.

>no clitmouse
>perfect

No no that's the T480s(hit), which fucking garbage anyway
The regular T480 has power bridge (hot swap batteries)

Sorry mr /fit/, I can't be bothered to carry a full size tower, screen, keyboard, mouse and ups around

Then, yeah, it's very good. Only complaint is the wifi card is a bit shit, but you can easily replace it with a 20 dollar Intel one if you have problems.

Oh, and if you want to disable to adaptive brightness (and I suggest you do) you will unfortunately have to flash it while on Windows since Dell only made it available for Windowsfags. It's not really too bad, just an annoyance - I made a quick Live USB of Windows and did it off of that.

>13"
>16:9
>fuckhuge bezel
>no TrackPoint
>perfect

change life.

Would the mbp 13" make a good linux alternative?

No mr /fit/
Unlike you I'm too much of faggot to disobey the norms by carrying a full desktop system with me
I am doomed to """""suffer""""" with my comfy laptop

No because you type things in Linux
The mbp doesn't have a keyboard

>fuckhueg bezel
>implying any of the new thinkpads don't have even larger ones

Where did I say the new ThinkPads are any better?

Only if you can deal with what is possible the worst keyboard ever made.

>macshit
>ever

How about the 15" then?
I don't live in the jewSA, so I have consumer rights and free repairs for 3 years with no extended warranty purchase bs

The keyboard is the same so my opinion remains the same.

I actually got the 15 inch for Christmas and I sent it back because of how awful typing on it was. I don't know what drugs the people @ Apple are doing.

802.11AC 5GHz fast enough for like 400Mbit? In any case well above 100Mbit link to saturate most internet.

Still doesn't have a keyboard
Get a laptop that has a fucking keyboard

just found out they all have glossy screens anyway so fuck that. Still don't like the sound of replacing the wifi chip in the xps. I don't spend $2k on a new laptop to open it up and void my warranty

I don't think dell is that big of a faggot
You sure the warranty is void if you crack it open?

If that dell logo just being possibly removable and it had expansible ram.

Basically shitposting machine.

In that thinnes, you can't get shadder.

Have one only irreplacable battery.

Not having whole cover out of shaped e ink in transparent case...

No kinnect included, just web camera...

No hover over the display gesture navigation...

All is possible, but here we have thin overpriced bullshit for somebody who wants to check emails from train he can do on phone,.

Boring.

Yup i asked their store and their phone techs and they both said it voids it on xps line

Wtf I hate dell now

>not system76
Pass

Again,
>no Ethernet

Buy one with however much ram you want nerd.
Why not just carry your desktop around in a backpack if you don't care about weight and size.

>intlel

>No CRT monitor
You don't want a laptop user, just buy a desktop PC and put a monitor in the acrylic window and carry that around.

Not intranet though

I tell you a secret, more parts interchangeable, less repair cost you dumbo.

I care, but I care for fucking that thing being able to atleast photoshop a picture on full battery.

>comfy
>laptop
pick one

iToddler btfo kys nigger

Whoops I picked both again xddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Technically not possible my dood you need to pick again sorry.

If that were an Apple laptop, I'd buy it. The only thing I don't like about my laptop is that Apple hasn't really changed the look of their laptops in over a decade. I want an ultra thin bezel like that, on something like a 13" mba.

>Inb4 hurr durr die macfag
I spent 22 years as a freetard cuck with no life, then I lost weight and stopped acting so fucking awkward and cringey, then a friend gave me a macbook air for Xmas and suddenly I knew what i was missing. It's kind of like a Linux box except it also has all of the big name commercial software running natively.

This. The theoretical maximum of 5GHz 802.11ac is 1.3Gbps, though I've never managed to get my MacBook to transfer stuff from my file server (gigabit Ethernet, gigabit router) at more than 500-600Mbps. I doubt it's a bottleneck from the server's HDD since it's a 6.0Gb/s SATA 7200rpm drive and the Mac has a SSD, so the only culprit I can think of is the wireless. I'll have to test it again after I pick up a thunderbolt 2 Ethernet dongle.

Again.
>No ethernet

XPS is a consumer grade laptop. That means 8 million screws and warranty void for anything more than RAM or HDD replacement. I remember having a latitude d700, and some other model of the same year and specs but the consumer line, and the consumer one made it as difficult as possible to open where the d700 was like 5 screws and it's done. They assume the business grade laptops will be repaired by in house IT staff so they make it as painless as possible as a selling point. If you're going to upgrade your laptop, always go business grade because those are the ones where the cpu isn't soldered in and it's really simple to disassemble

It's a laptop, nigga. If you're using it as a desktop, you get a docking station that has an Ethernet port. Otherwise, get a damn desktop.

it's 9 screws and you can replace battery as easily as m.2 drive. You cannot replace ram or CPU you have to replace the board.
Stop posting fake news.

perfect laptop:
>2560x1600 15.6" IPS or OLED
>backlit non-chicklet keyboard with numpad and proper layout
>apple tier trackpad
>at least 8 core cpu
>AMD gpu or integrated vega
>long battery life
>under $300
call me when it exists

Heh, nothing personal kid, but
>no ethernet

-ist because apple killed the market by popularizing chiclet keyboards

That’s not perfect, perfect is free as in free beer. Stop covering for the manufacturers with that price you absolute shill.

The fucking state of Sup Forums I swear.

I pick two
Sent from my X230

Are you retarded?

>no USB-A

Fuck I picked both
I guess it's gotta be that

>numpad
Wow it's shit

What the fuck are you talking about?

Stop failing so hard at reading comprehension you mong

>$1,000+ for coil whine, the device
dropped

Is the X230 Tablet still the best jack-of-all-trades convertible?

>reddit memes are not fucking cance-
yes they are, you need to go back.

ouh my neets can't afford it

>DELL
>LG
you want me to neck myself this moment?

Just because the SATA link is rated for 6 GB/s doesn't mean a single mechanical drive can even come close to those speeds.

give me that with zen and i'll be happy

>Cut USB-A before the stupid battery indicator
Why. Anyway the latitude version is better.

eh, I have the XPS15 (9530) and it's really shit.
The dedicated GPU does not switch properly, meaning that even though it has a decent GPU, you can't play any games with it.
The touchpad is fucked too, making it really hard to click the buttons.

Great size and looks slick.

But it runs too fucking hot. Hits 90C regularly and fan is always on.

The Dell Lattitudes have better keyboards and feel more robust

It looks fucking disgusting

I've had a problem playing games on my xps 15 too, surely there is a way to make it switch?

What does Sup Forums think about bezels? I once thought that it would be cool to have no bezels, but then saw a photo of a modded reduced bezels thinkpad (13" display in X2__) after being dropped. Also, where would the antennas go?

I unironically like bezels. They do make it hard as fuck to carry a laptop arround, but there's something comfy about them.

Thats not Thinkpad T480