Why do business PCs never use AMD CPUs?

Don't /biz/fags want to save money?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Micro_Devices,_Inc._v._Intel_Corp.
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1832891#post1832891
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AMD CPUs are insecure and have a 76% failure rate. They are also used by smelly furries.

u wot?

AMD is the most secure x86 on the market right now.

> and have a 76% failure rate.
?
>They are also used by smelly furries.
????

Don't question it user. Intel said it, so it must be true.

Because its not a household name. In the business world there's a saying that 'no one will be fired for going with what people know' like Intel, cisco, nvidia, netgear. These are household names to a degree.

because jewish tricks.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Micro_Devices,_Inc._v._Intel_Corp.

Because in the corporate environment, deals are made with the likes of Dell, HP, Lenovo etc.
Those companies make favorable deals with Intel.

That's the gist of it.

Because businesses don't build their own PCs, they go to OEMs.
And intel has a long history of bribing OEMs to not offer AMD CPUs in their PCs.

this level of retarded shilling is the reason why you have to pay additional money when buying inlel CPu
this AMDfags on suicide watch Inlel alyways on top

Because you can not do serious work on them.

What serious work can you do on intel that you can't do on AMD?

Because Intel has very good relations with OEMs and if AMD was 40% cheaper and 30% faster in the same tier as Intel that wouldn't change.

Just buy, turn on and get to the work.

Bribery, extortion

I'm assuming AMD CPUs aren't capable of being bought and turned on.

They don't "just werk".

They can't open excel or your favorite fart app? Color me surprised, I thought it was the OS' job to provide the necessary abstraction layer for your standardized hardware.

> Implying AMD doesn't have driver problems.

It's fine to admit that you have brain damage, it's pretty normal on this board.

> Implying you need "drivers" for a fucking CPU.

What's it like having lettuce for a brain?

You missed IBM, which is what is in the original quote "No one ever got fired for buying IBM".

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1832891#post1832891

AYYMD can't even do simple things right, expecting them to do anything right is a huge stretch

Because no one knows what the fuck they are. Every generation has a new branding and model numbers, no fucking consistency to let people know what they're buying despite like 90% of amd's budget going to marketing.

Intel was smart enough to keep branding the same for different tiers of product lines like car manufacturers have been doing since forever. Pentium = sub compact, i3 = compact, i5= midsize, i7 = full size luxury saloon.

This way your dumbass normie business man can walk to his IT department and say I want a 2018 i7 and feel smug while knowing that his underlings only drive i5's.

Is it really the man, the legened - InELITE?

Businesses don't care about the cost of computers and software because of tax reasons.

Data center fag here.

AMD has a bad RMA process on the enterprise level. Intel will send us new CPU's with 2 day shipping if we report a problem, AMD takes 6-8 weeks.

You can't make money with broken equipment.

>Because its not a household name. In the business world there's a saying that 'no one will be fired for going with what people know' like Intel, cisco, nvidia, netgear.
Did you forget that amd was a household name that used to hold its own in the enterprise market? Shit it wasn't even too long ago that they were good choices for supercomputing.

>because jewish tricks.
That and AMD pissed everyone off with Jewish meme ram.

HP and i think Fujitsu uses AMD chips in their business machines. But most companies use Dell in my experience - though lately Dell seems to be getting cozy with AMD.

You know what AMD stands for?

"A Meaty Dick."

Faggot.

why do arcade cabinets use nvidia instead of AMD?

amd is a meme for poorfags
cost > quality for them

They don't save money by paying someone by the hour to assemble computers and then buy parts and replace them when they break.
That's why most companies use computers with certifications and warranties from big brands like Dell, Lenovo and HP, where all of that is covered. In turn these companies have deals with Intel.

>lying on the internet
do you realize some of us actually work in enterprise IT?

Not with AMD tho.

Yes, with AMD. We have several enclosures of quad-socket Opteron blades.

>"I work in enterprise IT"
>on systems from 2005

More like 2010, and it's not my fault the client wants to hold onto them because they are still reliable.
And we have new hardware as well, almost all of it Intel though. No EPYCs yet, but it's pretty new so that's expected.

guaranteed replies

I don't know what is AMD, sorry.

TOP LEL

>enterprise IT

I work in a contracted data center for a popular cloud provider. We deploy new equipment by the megawatt, not a few servers or racks for certain customers. I have more hands on time with hardware then most enterprise IT professionals on Sup Forums combined.

AMD has a slow RMA process. Sure, we do keep a lot of parts on-hand but it's still quite frustrating waiting several weeks for parts to come back.

>Don't /biz/fags want to save money?
That's not the issue

See, as someone who magages IT infrastructure professionally at a business, you have to support the business needs.

These business usually use some software.
Some of this software is fairly specialized, for the industry the business is in
This specialized software often comes with support clauses that are very tight
For example, one of the programs I support requires that the systems it is installed on are not virtualized. The software detects if it is being installed on a virtual machine. But the software is just a database on MS SQL. Doesn't matter, if I need support on that program from the manufacturer, they might not support me if I shorehorned it onto a VM, or run it on a system that they don't approve of.

As long as we can continue to run that software, we don't care. That software vendor has us by the balls. Our management knows it, but they have made the decision.

Well with that meltdown bug amd cpus have it would be stupid for businesses to buy them.

Does software frequently come with licenses requiring it to be install on one implementation of x86 over another? How specific are they? Can you provide me with an example of a piece of software that does this?

How are these company selling those software not out of business already?

Also this, with cloud deployment increasingly becoming the norm any virtualization or hardware restrictions are likely to be a problem.
Can you even choose what exact sort of processor you want in the cloud? I've never noticed an option for it, you just buy an "instance" and sometimes it's Intel, sometimes it's AMD.

Awfully quiet aren't we?

Probably because if you are bothering with a video card at all in a business setting, you need the absolute best more than likely and as far as power goes, that's Nvidia hands down unfortunately.

> Why do business PCs never use AMD CPUs
>CPUs