The great GPU crisis

How are you surviving ???

Still on my ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256 MB GDDR3 waiting for GPU price to drop to get a 1080 Ti

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZYPEHK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ebay.com/itm/85mm-Sapphire-AMD-HD7970-HD7950-HD7870-HD7850-Dual-X-Fan-Replacement-40mm-R158a-/171267034859
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

got lucky, my old gpu died a few months before the crypto hysteria, i easily got a 1070 at normal price.

r9 290X gigabyte for me.

>buying a 1080 Ti when there are no good games that require it

there's no GPU crisis, there's a game development crisis

I bought a friend's R290X when he upgraded for $150 so I now have two in crossfire. Most games I can play acceptably in 4k, but the racing sims that play most of the time, all look phenomenal and run great in 4k.

Got a sapphire rx580 8gb nitro+ for 260 yurobucks right before the recent boom. Waited for custom Vegas to finally appear in the market, but gave up eventually, now I know I dodged a bullet right there.

>Still on my ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256 MB GDDR3
hey I had that card
sold it 150€ when it was barely worth 30€ kek
bought an 3870HD to replace it IIRC

I'm looking for a 1050Ti/1060 0db on the second hand market but these fucks only sell full tower PCs so it's difficult

EVGA 970

It's no issue for me really since i'm still on 1080p and most new games are shite.

Senua's Sacrifice,Valley,Deceit,Resident Evil 7 Biohazard,BF1 and a bunch more good games don't have to be 2018 games. i need to play on my 4k 49'' monitor

Bought a 1070 in late November because I figured if I waited any longer, prices would really go apeshit. Feels good man. Sucks I paid so much (600 leafbucks), but I'd really be fucked now. I was using an hd7950 with two dead fans.

Pic related is my old card.

Radeon HD 5450 1024MB
send help

I asked for good games sir, not horse shit

Voodoo5 6000 4k 120fps no stress

i have that somewhere but i use the igpu of i5 2500k because its better

On the topic of GPUs, I bought a GTX 1050 today and will be able to pick it up on Friday. Due to glorious EU law I can return it and get my money back anytime in the 2 weeks after I receive it, so, guys, tell me if I fucked up and should have chosen better. It's going to replace a 9600GT and I consider an upgrade by 2 versions of DirectX, Vulkan capability, new Linux drivers and quadruple the amount of VRAM good enough. However, if you have any suggestions for something even better around 125€, I'm open to hearing them.

fine card for the money

What the fuck is that setup

had to pay 300€ for my RX 580 6 months ago.

...i've been playing HS all this time 0_0 than what's a good game?

I bought a founders edition 1070ti in november for $450. The extra $200 for triple fan ultimate gaymen blinding rgb ftw edition gpu is an idiot tax.

I've got a Sapphire r9 fury. I'm happy with it. Never had any trouble running anything I wanted on it.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZYPEHK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GTX 1060 6GT OCV1 for 289

use to be a Xfire rack to mount outside the case keep both 290X cool. On full load 65c avr, in case 90+c

Got 1080 right before every store ran out and the prices increased.

it should be fine for that price, i seen a laptop with that gpu play recent games, not at max setting of course but they didn't look bad either

YOOOO THE DISCORD HAS GPUS GOING FOR HALF OFF FOR THE NEXT HR

COME GET IT BOYSSS

-1680x1050 monitor I bought for

HD Graphics 4000 on my i3 3217U, fuck you

The extra 200$ is the cryptotax.

Still stuck with a double 5870. They start to heavy breath with newer games and software.

i got an rx 470 before the prices started to go up. Now i can find 570 at 1.5-2 times the price for what i paid my card.

Divinity Original Sin 2 is the only game I play so I don't need fancy gfx card

I uninstalled after not being able to beat the starting area

What you're using that for?

Vidya. It's not really that I can't manage high settings - I'm OK with that - but the 9600GT only has DX9 (nothing uses DX10 so it doesn't count) and OpenGL 3, which is rapidly becoming incompatible with everything. Rendering A FUCKING TEXTURED PLANE, TWO FUCKING TRIANGLES at 1080p in Godot gets me ~40fps. The fact that I've only got a crappy legacy driver is important too, Nvidia and Xorg might drop support sooner than later, and I can't switch to Wayland without the new drivers.
I don't expect to be playing new games on ultra, but 60fps at 1080 and medium to low settings for current-gen games would be nice.

>bought a 1080 early last year
pretty well

Bought 1070 in October 2016

Got a GTX 1080Ti when it was cheap af few months after release, doing just fine.

GTX 960, waiting on the 11XX/20XX series to come out first anyway. Hopefully GPU prices are more reasonable then.

Crypto is a scam it will die soon. gpu's price will be back to normal. Miner's (people with unicorn beliefs) will wake-up eventually with thousands of graphics card worth almost nothing due to degradation of the cards. Ps dont buy a gpu that served to mine they are worthless.

Sold my RX 480 at double the price i pay for, but a day later 1070's went out of stock and got way to expensive, decided to jump the gun on a 1050ti just a week before they went out of stock and got got way more expensive, now i am saving for the next gtx XX80ti....

vega 56 here that i picked up for msrp in november.

>sold rx480 nitro back in June at profit.
>buy rx580 nitro a few months later when prices stabilized.
>sold rx580 a few weeks ago at profit

Guy at work gave me his old 7850 and gtx 670 2gb for $25. When he buys a new gpu soon he'll gift me his 780 too.

Bought a 1060 3G just before the spike. Ran me €110. In retrospect, probably should have gone full retard with my student grant and got myself a 1080 Ti but what have you. I can play most games now, the extra 1337 graphics effects are most of the time ugly and distracting anyway. I've always optimized my gaymes for FPS

I bought a gpu right before the price hikes, and I realized that I don't need a super powerful gpu anymore.

Well in month or two markets will be full of used GPU's.

bought a 1050ti last year, before the craze hit the low end cards. It's good enough for my needs.

I wouldn't want one that has been used for mining but that's just me.

I keep up fairly with my gtx680 but ive been meaning to replace it for a while. I am going to hold and wait till the prices are a bit more regular than they are now. When I look at how much I paid for the gtx 680 I just cant believe wtf is going on.

>I wouldn't want one that has been used for mining but that's just me.
yeah but it will crash the prices for new cards also.

there will lots of gpu to go around.
no need to fud this shit up.

you're just being dumb.
miners undervolt or power limit their cards.

I suffered from it. I just built a new computer and had zero spare gpus or anything since I was using a laptop for years.

I eventually got a 2GB GTX 960 for a decent price and will have to stick with it until prices get normal and I can save more money.

Iris Pro master race reporting in

How were your temps?

a lot of normies that bought x6 when hyped and barely used it for 3 months will panic sell

Not bad actually. At max fan speed, low 80's at full load. But they were 13 year old low cfm fans and were loud as fuck, which was annoying.

>>Ps dont buy a gpu that served to mine they are worthless.
Implying I will tell you that.

Don't game anymore, so will probably survive with my R9 290 for years to come.

>no PCIE power connector plugged in
stop larping you fagit

just installed my new PSU when i took the shot a few cable were not plugged in

/biz/ pls

>fell for the r9 380 meme
>start to get minor artifacts in games and desktop
>stuff that moves or changes, like hovering over desktop icons, gets distorted in color for a fraction of a second
>the same gpu is now MORE expensive than when i bought it, even though theres a 480 and 580 now
>even without gpu shortage, mid range gpus are more expensive already
>now this super price hike
If I end up relying on my fucking i5 2400 igpu I will fucking neck myself.

GPUs going for $220 a pop drop a contact

Bought a gtx 970 for 200€ second hand like a year ago even tho i have a cpu bottlebeck
Should have kept the gtx 670 tho

The GTX 670 was a fine GPU. Hope you didn't bin it

What will end this shit? As long as prices are this high then amd and nvidia will just keep cashing in until sales drop right? This shit is unbareable.

Oh don't worry. Dow, bitcoin, gpu sales are all in free fall right now so it's only a matter of time before the market crashes. Making this the single worst investment /biz/ has made in recorded history (right next to the self-declared pyramid scheme exit scam last month)

Lets fucking hope so. Fucking RAM prices can go do the fucking same.

I did once experienced artifacts and I poopy pooped my pants thinking the GPU has gone kaput. Actually it was the HDMI cable that was damaged.

Picked up a used 970 for $120 because my 7870 couldn't quite give me smooth framerates in Fallout 4.
Also picked up a 6GB 1060 for $140 (broken fan shroud that I just superglued back on). I gave that to my dad.

What's the best value midrange card today then? Is a £200 card enough for 1080p and 60hz?

should have given your dad the 970 as the 1060 is faster.
best value midrange card isn't being a europoor. move to the land of the free you degenerate welfare queen.

>Britain
>Europoor
I mean, they are, but he's going to get butthurt that you pointed it out since they're super pretentious about being an island.

Can't expect ultra everything but yes it should suffice

I'm Swiss actually but thanks for making assumptions.

>land of the (((free)))

1060 is only a hair faster and my MSI 970 is nearly silent under load.

Colonel Shart, in Mart division is ready for duty I guess

RX 580 4GB for $190 when they came out. I love it but am tempted to sell it before prices normalize.

Nice.

Who made your 7950, one of my fans are out.

I think i have a PowerColor

Sapphire. One of the Dual-X models. This is the fan:

ebay.com/itm/85mm-Sapphire-AMD-HD7970-HD7950-HD7870-HD7850-Dual-X-Fan-Replacement-40mm-R158a-/171267034859
Model: FD7010H12S or FDC10H12S9-C

I did some research back then into replacing them, and turns out they're known to give out pretty early.

Same, but even new games do well at ok settings.

I may need a new pc soon. Are prebuilts the way to go now? Theres nothing in stock anywhere...

I have a MSI Radeon HD6670 2gb which runs very quiet and cool which I use in my main machine, I also have a XFX Radeon HD5770 1gb which is better *just*, however it idles around 50c and gets up to around 90 and the fans scream so I don't use it often xD. I also have a GeFORCE 9400GT 1gb but thats just a backup, although I'd be better of with integrated graphics desu..

That's some big fucking jump you're going to make my dude

Old gen cards like HD7xxx in cross or Nvidia equivalent.
Cryptotards won't target those and you'd still be able to make a mid-end machine (for older games it might go over the top).

managed to cop a refurbished 1070 early into mining hype
deepfakes are going to make things even worse :^)

What's MSRP for the Asus ROG 8GB GTX 1080 STRIX?

I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on one for under or around 500, but I need to know if that's feasible.

What is this bullcrap? Put your GPU inside your PC like a normal person.

EVGA's site gets shipments in regularly and has a 1 per customer limit, and massdrop.com has been doing GPU drops

R9 390, which has green dots on the screen but I'm hoping will hold out long enough for prices to resume sane levels.

It's AMD, meaning it's a fire hazard.

Buying a 1080 ti to go with your fx cpu

760 still running most games at lower settings around 50-60 frames.

970 for 200€ around an year and an half ago. All I'm doing is 1080p 60hz and have no intentions to upgrade the monitors, so it should last me for a while.
Only wish I didn't get an MSI though, wanted to rig 120mm fans to it for quieter operation, but it uses a non-standard 6 pin fan connector that I can't find any adapters to.

Im comfy as fuck.
2x1080s, i was thinking on replacing they because some shitty games like AC origins doesnt support SLI, but then for majority of games i was going to get less frames with a single ti, and i would need a new psu for sli.
Then gpu crysis came, im going to away for next gen nvidia 80 or 80 tis for a single gpu that can actually manage to run 1440p 144hz

>i have shit taste in games - the post

ss and re7 were great, get off your high horse

I bought an EVGA GTX 980Ti classified when it launched for $850. I'm able to get the card to just under 1600mhz core clock with only +25mv. More than enough for 60FPS 1440p. I was never effected by the GPU price hike.

Although I'm kind of pissy about the whole thing because I full intended to get a Vega 64 and Freesync monitor. Then Vega turned out to be bust. So I was going to get 2x RX580's and the same monitor.

I am NOT paying $900 for an RX580

$620 fair for a 1070 Ti? Thinking it won't get much better for a while and I just had my primary card fail.

>I bought an EVGA GTX 980Ti classified when it launched for $850. I'm able to get the card to just under 1600mhz core clock with only +25mv. More than enough for 60FPS 1440p. I was never effected by the GPU price hike.
jesus because 6 months later the 980ti SC+ was only 600