Hey Sup Forums, i need a little help with youtube

hey Sup Forums, i need a little help with youtube.

I must download over 1.6k songs from a certain channel but i dont want to click on every single one etc... did anybody here do such a thing before? what's the smartest way to do such a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/TranceClassicsFB/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube-dl

/thread
Also nice dubs

>throttled to 75kbps

>download from YouTube
Enjoy piss quality.

this downloads a video file, i need an audio file and also it downloads only 1 track for me, the newest that was uploaded

youtube-dl-gui because you're too retarded to use the command line properly

its good quality. also its music thats quite hard or impossible to find or to find in decent quality, i have to download it asap because it can be taken down suddenly

man youtube-dl
(protip: -x for audio xtraction)

Works on my machine.

youtube-dl -x

it starts out fast but within seconds it drops down to 80~50kbps after the first third of the file has been downloaded.

Your isp is shit.

this shit just doesnt want to work, youtube dl gui gives me 2 errors on startup, then when i paste the link, choose mp3 then click download all it does is open the folder i wanted to download the songs to

forgot to add - WITHOUT a save button anywhere in the folder, it just opens it, im not THAT retarded

>MP3

It literally tells you that it needs ffmpeg/libav.

Are you fucking blind?

Also you have terrible taste in music.

youtube-dl -i -f 251

All the brainlets in here don't know you need -i to ignore errors. This is why command line tools are shit.

werks for me

>107KiB/s

okay calm down i got it to work, can i somehow change the directory to which it downloads? i have the youtube dl exe in c/users/me and there is a system file that i cant delete/move to another folder

It downloads to the current working directory.
You can change that with cd.

God knows why...

bump to keep this alive while i fuck around with this cmd shit

>ctrl-f
>JDownloader

really? nobody?

Might be the same throttling that other user is experiencing. Still, it works just fine for me.

>promoting closed source GUI propietary bullshit over tui open source youtube-dl

because it's a superior product, op clearly isn't going to contribute to the project if I recommend him ytdl

>encouraging these retarded tech support threads
when will you learn to stop doing this

both are free and open source, but i dont really see the point of jdownloader when it's way quicker to just run youtube-dl
for me: super+enter yo ctrl+shift+v enter
and the video is already on its way, and it took me less than 2 seconds from a browser window

see

ok i have no fucking clue about this

can someone just give me the exact cd/-o lines that i have to put in the cmd along with youtube-dl in order to download it to 'F:\music\ instead of fucking around and being elitist

also thanks for the bumps

low quality b8 m8
but srsly git gud or off yeself

cd F:\music
And whatever I typed in

every time i've ever used this if the file is trying to d/l a different quality or doesn't has quality you are wanting to d/l if fucks the thing right up.

what the fuck am i doing wrong

Your cd command somehow didn't do anything.
CMD is broken software, try this:
F:
cd music

you might as well also slap on --format best to the youtube-dl call, as that seems to help with the throttling problem others made me aware that i was experiencing.
don't ask why or how, but it helps.
full command then becomes:
youtube-dl -x --format best youtube.com/user/TranceClassicsFB/videos

meant for

Just make a script.

Use `youtube-dl` and pipe the output to `ffmpeg` to convert to any audio codec of your liking

Your active drive is C:, with the active folder for C: being Users\Kuba, you typed "cd F:\music" which changed the active folder for F: to music, but your active drive is still C:.
After the "cd F:\music" command type F: to change the drive to F:, and you'll see that it's been set to "F:\music"

Holy shit. this actually worked, THANK YOU so much user. i wish you a very good day/night wherever you are

i had to move youtubedl and ffprobe there also as you can see but i managed to figure that out by myself, thank you again for being thorough

Yeah I'm getting the same throttling while downloading lengthy playlists. For reasons I get around 500KiBs while downloading the video and stupidly 50KiBs while downloading the audio.

did you see ??

personally i didn't have to use it, downloading 260/1600 at full speed

shit music