1980s Nak

Just watch Techmoan

youtube.com/watch?v=A9wT2Y4W-T0

youtube.com/watch?v=BtjqF70F5wI

my thoughts too, looking at a Nakamichi BX125E

2nd Gen Prelude, Hands down.

>Only playing 1 tape

youtube.com/watch?v=v14AEKgX29U
Is digital processing worth its salt? Sounds better than Dolby B.

youtube.com/watch?v=jVoSQP2yUYA

Dragon

PFFFFT

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0l7dzB0y0

80s Naks; Personal recs: Tri Tracer, BX- Line, RX- Line, Dragon

Aiwa XK-005/7/9,

The Sony deck Techmoan uses.

All I can think of right now.

Walkmans are better

THEY SOUND LIKE SHIT

Wrong. Professional unit like pictured, as well As a similar Marantz (again, Techmoan covered these), have really decent sound output. Wouldn't use one as a main deck like... forever, but if you're short on space or come across one there's no reason to not get one.

redpill me on pro walkmans

So aesthetic

>redpill
i don't know what that means to "redpill" you sorry, I see it everywhere but don't get it in context of explaining something.

Pro Walkmans are dope, but honestly wouldn't specifically buy one unless you had:
- limited space
- absolute total interest/investment in using it all the time
- probably something else

I only suggest against buying it if you don't have a deck because you can probably find a solid, proper deck for the same price as a nice, well functioning Pro Walkman/Marantz Pro, for a similar or close price. And the deck will be easier to power and use IMO.

The only downside being that you need space and all that. So I also suppose if your usecase for tapes is listening with headphones, then a pro walkman/marantz might be a better option.

If you're digitizing tapes, get a proper deck though. Hands down.

>i don't know what that means to "redpill" you sorry
watch the matrix

Nice try.

I'm hard! What vehicle is that?

RX-7 according to google

A E S T H E T I C S

Why can't things look nice anymore?

Pretty sure that's the first gen RX-7 to be exact.

Its from an fb, correct. The red leather interior is a dead giveaway.

My new dream car, love that '80s aesthetic.

Because nothing is allowed to have style or functionality, everything has to be some stupid ultra minimalist box and functions be buried under 50 menus.

The way I see it is old Hi-FI had it's own style between manufacturers and every function was accessible on its front, if you didn't see a function you didn't have it

>tfw you gave away hundreds of tapes in the early '90s after your CD collection outgrew it

this

That orange memo button

Hnnng

>primitive digital noise reduction
Absolutely degenerate. The best sound is achieved by putting it through the fewest stages and keeping it pure analog; noise even enhances perceived quality via dithering.

Fuck yes. Not just Walkmans, but literary Sony professional portable ones.
They are one of the best things you can use for cassette playback.

holy hell that thing has everything, full size mic inputs, fucking mono VU's, fine-tuned mic levels...
that's more of a portable studio recorder than a walkman

That is because it is a portable recorder.

Yeah but you might as well just get a DAT recorder then.
>don't want to buy an old deprecated digital tape format.
Of course you don't, it's stupid. Buy a sound devices MixPre-3. It's a pretty solid PMP accidentally.

The problem with portable tape machines is that they don't have dolby-S. Rare expensive decks do have dolby-S. DATs and MiniDisk don't have analog tape his problems.

DAT and MiniDisk are superior, cheaper (for quality), and more "hey mom look how unique I am".

You know it's 2018 right

Yeah of the cassette.

have you heard of bandcamp

Thoughts on the Sony La Scala TC-S1 Cassette Deck ?

looks cool

Dual capstan/three head decks that don't depend on the cassette's pressure pad are the best there is, but it's going to cost you. These aren't something you can easily find at a thrift store.

is a nakamichi bx125e a good deck