Is windows 10 ltsb a meme?

is windows 10 ltsb a meme?
I get that it has no bloatware or mobile apps preinstalled but it's still win 10 underneath, still has two control panels, inconsistencies in ui, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVNRNOcLUuA&feature=youtu.be&t=599
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&t=599&v=mVNRNOcLUuA
mega.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

meme, m$ is trying to attract win7 users to make the switch
does it come with dx12?

I like it

Better than the normal versions

How to get it ? I would like to make a VMware out of it.

>is windows 10 ltsb a meme?
One of the best I've fallen for, right up there with ThinkPads, FLAC, and Fedora Linux. Enterprise N LTSB is the only good version of Windows 10. I'd been using Windows 7 Pro for a while but I transitioned to something newer before the support gets cut in a couple years. I tried the normal Botnet 10 Pro in a VM and it was fucking horrible. With LTSB there's no app store trash, no retarded games, no edge, no cortana, no social media shit, no ads, and no half baked beta feature updates. Really no apps in general, which allows me to just install all of my own stuff. Really the only disadvantage is that it has some sort of lock that prevents you from using the WLS for Bash on Windows, but I'm sure you can enable it somehow. I just didn't feel like messing with it so I just use a Fedora VM.

LTSB-fags disgust me. Running win10 without the creator updates is dumb. You get no benefit except it's got less bloat out of the box, rather than needing to de-bloat with a script and easy edits. In exchange you miss out on performance and UI updates, and then people complain about win10 in general because they're using a version 200+ updates behind. Good job

>LTSB-fags disgust me.
Hi Pajeet.

>Running win10 without the creator updates is dumb.
No it isn't.

>You get no benefit except it's got less bloat out of the box
That's exactly the point, retard.

>rather than needing to de-bloat with a script and easy edits
Why would I want to do this? It's extra work for nothing.

>In exchange you miss out on performance and UI updates
No, LTSB runs twice as fast as the normal "Pro" edition, and the UI isn't some buggy half baked shit with Candy Crush slapped on top. I'm not your fucking beta tester, Rajj.

>and then people complain about win10 in general because they're using a version 200+ updates behind
200 useless garbage updates when all I have to install with LTSB is half a dozen security updates. Fuck right off.

>Running win10 without the creator updates is dumb.
>No it isn't.
Yeah it is. Win10 forces DWM compositing, and the matured creators updates reduce overall latency with this arrangement. Game mode, a new fullscreen presentation mode, and improvements to borderless windowed mode.

youtube.com/watch?v=mVNRNOcLUuA&feature=youtu.be&t=599

>>You get no benefit except it's got less bloat out of the box
>That's exactly the point, retard.
You can debloat an updated version of win10 and not cripple your OS to kiosk mode.

>rather than needing to de-bloat with a script and easy edits
>Why would I want to do this? It's extra work for nothing.
So you can enjoy kernel updates, new features, and a non-buggy, more polished UI?

>No, LTSB runs twice as fast as the normal "Pro" edition, and the UI isn't some buggy half baked shit with Candy Crush slapped on top. I'm not your fucking beta tester, Rajj.
ok pooneej

>200 useless garbage updates
Confirmed for slow ring. Enjoy your worse performance, reduced features, and less UI polish.

Dumb pajeet. FCU has been the most buggiest Windows 10 update ever and that is a milestone. And it’s no “works for me xdididi” bullshit check forums, reddit, support sites. Fuck off with your shitty poocode.

What's the difference between LTSB and N LTSB?

Yeah I got the buggy updates too. Luckily all problems have been patched out. The biggest one was where DVR was enabled by default. All that shit is over and it literally just works now. All negative posts about changes introduced by the creators updates are on old builds and by actual retards. Now I just feel bad for you when you're running immature versions of windows because you got memed and never tested stuff yourself.

N doesn't include media features. I like to install them myself.

>Game mode, a new fullscreen presentation mode, and improvements to borderless windowed mode
Also known as retarded shit that I don't use or care about.

>You can debloat an updated version of win10
I don't care, Microshill. I'm not using the normalfaggot version that comes with the store and voice activated dogshit. It's a waste of time.

>and not cripple your OS to kiosk mode
Enterprise N LTSB works the same as 7 and XP with a few new taskbar buttons. If you think that a bunch of metro apps and other bloat makes the normal editions of Windows better, you're the one that's crippled for acting as an unpaid beta tester for Micropenis.

>So you can enjoy kernel updates, new features, and a non-buggy, more polished UI?
I get kernel updates when they're needed. In fact, I get only security updates. Seems to be that "new features" is a fancy way of saying more useless bloatware that you get to beta test for free.

>Confirmed for slow ring
What's a slow ring? Your gene pool?

>reduced features, and less UI polish
More buzz words.

typical Sup Forums. I can turn off every annoying feature of Windows 10 inside of 15 minutes, once, and never have to fuck with it again. but no, apparently I need to pirate some enterprise version of Windows to have the true Sup Forums experience, preferably dual booted with void linux and templeos.

keep on spergin Sup Forums, while the rest of us don't obsess over our operating system and actually get shit done.

LTSB is da bomb user
immune to malware
3 times faster
dx 25 and zero input lag
the windows for winners

Yes, it's a meme. Install gentoo

>>Game mode, a new fullscreen presentation mode, and improvements to borderless windowed mode
>Also known as retarded shit that I don't use or care about.
Better performance > worse performance. I've noted your lack of argument.

>>You can debloat an updated version of win10
>I don't care, Microshill. I'm not using the normalfaggot version that comes with the store and voice activated dogshit. It's a waste of time.
Oh no it's 2 things you have to toggle off. Fuck you're incompetent. Running an outdated OS as your opt-out when you could just opt-out and not get cucked.

>I get kernel updates when they're needed. In fact, I get only security updates. Seems to be that "new features" is a fancy way of saying more useless bloatware that you get to beta test for free.
Ya dude enjoy your objectively inferior fullscreen presentation mode, +30ms latency with vsync, and buggy borderless windows. I'm not sure why you like worse technology but alright.

>More buzz words.
Nice argument

fucking google it

I will NEVER understand what goes inside the minds of people who hate windows 10 for being bloated, a botnet etc, and yet use and encourage everyone else to use a version of Windows 10 at the same time. And then they make excuses like "well the new updates are shitty, who the hell needs a system update in 3 years LOL"
The autism on display in Sup Forums is truly mind blowing

Saged

i used to have it before switching to arch. great experience, best windows install i've ever had but the no-WSL problem was a deal breaker. fast and bloatless.

So Windows 7 versus Windows LGBT - Which should I use as my daily driver? Also, can it be used for more than 90 days x3?

>no bloatware
>uses over 5GB harddrive space
choose one

windows 7, no uwp shit

10, every time, although gutting the standard model is fine.

LTSB has no UWP shit.

Quite like the sound of the LTSB model myself... Can't be bothered with the standard model and gutting.

ive been enjoying N LTSB for a long time now

Unstable / Runs like shit, like all early builds did of Windows 10... i7-2600k. Will probably stick with Win7 until EOL and consider 2019 LTSB.

just in case people don't know you can enable the win7 photo viewer with a registry edit

How do you do that?

Also, I'm posting from Windows 10 LTSB now.

muh gaymes doh

>Unstable / Runs like shit, like all early builds did of Windows 10
This. There is no benefit yet you sacrifice the critical updates that fixed win10 performance

>Game mode
it actually decreases performance looking on tests...

Ranjaa stop it

Only literal paid shills would ever so desperately try to convince anyone that a consumer version is better than LTSB.
This is a perfect example:
When someone wants the closest thing to a traditional Windows experience without useless bullshit, the shills start to call them names and pull retarded claims out of their ass. Not even Linux users try to convince wintards to switch as hard as these shills.

Fucking Sup Forums crossboarder like you are the death of this board

I do music production but mainly sound editing, need to format my win7 bcs it's been too long and filled with crap.
Should I go for N or regular LTSB? the less media bloat the better but still might needs some codecs and shit like that, and drivers for my USB audio interface of course.
What do Sup Forums? Should I just reinstall 7?

No. It's not. Easy as fuck to install and activate so just try it out.

Only actual retards use any Windows N edition. Unlike LTSB/Enterprise/other editions that have tangible differences, there is absolutely none between N with media codec pack and regular Windows, again except for marking you as a retard of course.

Remember, there is no target market for N (unlike LTSB and such), it's strictly to satisfy unnecessary regulatory requirements. So there is near-zero effort put into it.

It depends on what you are trying to do, but generally you DO want the creators update etc. because those updates unfucks Windows 10 whereas with LTSB you are stuck with the fuckery.

For a daily driver, going LTSB version is bad idea. LTSB has it's uses though, for example single purpose pc's, unattended pc's, kiosks, slow specced pc's, stuff like that.

the fuck are you saying

disgusting

Still using LTSB and I'm pretty happy with it so far; absolutely no complaints.

This is from someone who hadn't even heard of it before yesterday, definitely worth the upgrade.

On my laptop with LTSB it runs with cooler CPU temps than (a legit copy) of 7 Pro did. Both in numbers and just feeling the laptop, it's way cooler. Had 10 Home for a couple of days and it was trash, and ran hot. On LTSB just web browsing I run about 45-50c but on Home it was in the mid to high 60s usually, because botnet. 7 meanwhile would be 55ish. Anyway, highly recommend LTSB. Microsoft gave it good thermal management presumably for customers who want to keep their devices working for a long time and not buy a new Surface Pro every year.

Its still windows you dipshit

There's nothing wrong with windows.

I never said that, OP did

On a side note, There is also nothing wrong with Facebook, Google or North-Korea

I have a grey market LTSB license, and a copy downloaded directly from technet.

Also compared to normal W10 all I had to do was run one script to reenable classic Windows photo viewer, taking all of two minutes.

I use Honeyview.

Although, admittedly, it has changed quite a bit since I've last used it.

Anyone know how to turn off the newly installed messages in the start menu when you install a program?

Why would you go through the hassle of un-cucking windows 10 when you can just install 8.1?

It's still supported for the next 5 years, by which time there will be a viable version of windows out, or I'll just jump to linux.

[spoiler] LTSB [/spoiler]

> Microsoft getting their shit together withing 5 years.

its good

obvious samefag shill
>yet you sacrifice the critical updates that fixed win10 performance
take that microsoft cock out of your mouth and explain to the audience exactly what "critical updates hat fixed muh shit" are, and how lgbt is lacking
faggot

IDK, people in this thread are saying that LTSB is missing updates and shit.

[spoiler] Who cares? [/spoiler]

Also, it's not.

I already posted it in the thread. Early win10 fucking sucked because DWM compositing is forced. With this arrangement, you have higher button to pixel latency, and worse frame timings in games. This was fixed in a piecemealbfashion until it was completely fixed since late FCU. A new fullscreen presentation mode was added along with the game mode updates. It lowers overall latency and frame timings to win7/8.1 levels. Additionally, borderless windows are no longer fucked by DWM w/ vsync on, which used to add ridiculous amounts of latency. Finally, alt-tabbing is fixed to not potentially break your game. Also, all the UI updates are very welcome so far.

Use either win7 or debloated and updated win10, ltsb is a middle meme child literally meant for kiosks and service terminals, not end users.

If you turn it on with game bar, in some scenarios it can nominally reduce fps. Ignore and disable the game bar. What you want is game mode support, which is apparently just the optimized fullscreen presentation mode. This is on automatically.

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&t=599&v=mVNRNOcLUuA

You being ignorant doesn't make me a shill. Do you have an argument or are you just complacent with how bad win10 was 200 updates ago?

It was a mistake to enlighten Sup Forums with superior technology decisions, I guess. Enjoy your kiosk mode with no advantages except laziness

What do you not understand? Early win10 is not as good for gaming as win7 or 8.1. late win10 with matured updates is. LTSB is win10 without any of the good updates and stuff turned off for you. Read the thread.

>200 updates
>muh kiosk mode
You're the one without any arguments here. I'm still not going to install the consumer version of Winshit 10, Pajeet. No Rupee for you.

>m$ is trying to attract win7 users to make the switch
MS is trying to attract consumers to an OS designed for ATMs and submarines? Kill yourself you fucking retard
the absolute fucking state of Sup Forums

I've posted my argument multiple times in this thread, with an objective benchmark, and I've relied on concrete facts. The only argument being made is that it's okay to have worse performance if you don't have to manually turn off things. AKA kiosk mode

you're accusing someone of shilling for MS while defending a version of Windows 10. just fuck off back to Sup Forums, Sup Forums, or whatever shithole you came from

Are the easily available downloads trusted or do I need to be a cool kid and post in PTG/

yes it is a "meme" just because it's windows 10, but if you absolutely need windows 10 then this is the only version you should even consider installing.

sure if you don't mind not having any drivers

They're on Microsoft's website

what are you talking about? I have literally never had any driver related problems on LTSB. I only use it for gaming anyway.

Win10 without the creators updates is worse than win7 or win8.1. Sup Forums is retarded. It's a universal rule it seems that an idiot will eat shit with a grin.

The fuck is wrong with your reading comprehension?

Indian sweatshop workers are at it again

>with an objective benchmark
Start by pooing in the loo if you want me to take you seriously.

You still have no argument. Tell me again how crippling your OS so you don't have to turn things off is a good idea

this board is just Sup Forums now. people using Windows 10 and attacking other people for believing that their version of Windows 10 is somehow superior to others.

go back to Sup Forums

Did you even look at the benchmark?

What are you even here for if you have no argument and no comment on the objective facts and didn't even look at the test results.

Non-CU windows 10 is worse than debloated windows 10 with CU and no amount of your ignorance changes that. Enjoy your worse computing experience

yeah it's not that much better

just download it from microsoft
barring that, at least verify against known good hashes. third party downloads of windows very frequently have the botnet integrated

What? I never replied to any of your posts.

It's worse than that. I posted facts and a benchmark and this retard is just memeing about pajeets. He keeps needing me to explain more when I've already explained it perfectly well enough, and I'm losing motivation for helping nu-Sup Forums learn how to use computers. I miss having peers

>closest thing to a traditional windows experience
just use windows 7

>muh gayemz
POO IN THE LOO PAJEET

This guy gets it.

memeing about pajeets while using windows 10 is the epitome of this board's idiocy. i don't even know why i come here any more

And you still have no argument. Look at that! Claiming I'm a shill is suggesting that the opposition is correct, when they too aren't making an argument. I'm having to make the argument for you. There is only one place to go from not caring about performance differences.

"LTSB is worth the performance sacrifice because it's more convenient for me to not have to opt out from things manually"

The way you talk is both spergy and condescending at the same time. It's so fucking obvious that you're a literal Pajeet, and you need to pack up your rice and curry and GTFO, faggot.

But what about the key gen

No it's not a meme, it is a lot stable than standart Win10, you won't have all these errors and other BSOD shit.

What if I told you I'm not Indian

Seriously, I only installed standart Win10 Pro one month ago after their latest update ruined my computer (I was using Athlon x64 CPU and got january update). Now this shit ruins my computer with BSODs PERMAMENTLY.

If you have old computer LTSB is your choise without any doubt.

I wouldn't believe you.

My man are you unironically trying to convince people to use a specific Windows 10 version? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Not an argument

LTSB pros:
- win 7 / 8.1 levels of bloat out of the box

LTSB cons:
- Precluded from performance updates that make the version worth it over 7 or 8.1

Just use 7 or 8.1???

>Precluded from performance updates that make the version worth it over 7 or 8.1
We aren't Sup Forums, Pajeet. We use Winshit for running legacy/work applications and Linux for everything else. Try switching shill tactics. I'm fucking bored here.

pretty sure Daz loader doesn't work on 10. I always use Microsoft Toolkit
mega.
nz/#!LQ4SwZxL!RkggjfMK2y-uegwt-JnpiM0c3fR4bROWoC8h9OUn8no
that being said, just use W7 enterprise instead of W10

daz loader doesn't work on win10, which is why i said use daz loader for win7
wasn't aware of microsoft toolkit, neato

I'm reporting facts to a junior and waiting for an argument for LTSB, for the benefit of everyone. If LTSB was better, he'd simply make an argument for why it's worse using despite worse performance. The only argument is convenience, but that's only worth something for casuals and normalfags, and kiosk operators.

Fucking liar. 99% of Sup Forums uses windows 10 for gaming and it wouldn't be installed otherwise. Actual Microsoft cucks that HAVE to use the windows OS are rare.