Are women in /technology/ as good as men?

Are women in /technology/ as good as men?
Why people claim they are yet give them special care?
Any personal experiences in work environment or such?

>save €765 on tickets
>spending more than €765 on a fucking "web conference"

>Are women in /technology/ as good as men?
NO, ITS A FUCKING SCAM

I work for Mathworks. Idk about women in general but the women here are pretty damn smart

Nice!

Women can be just as good as men in any field, the problem is whether or not they are inherently interested enough to follow that career path. No amount of social 'womyn in engineering' programs can level the playing ground as far as # of men interested in tech vs # of women.

Canonical is literally going bankrupt after trying to get more wymen involved in their projects.

they can be. But the disparity in gender representation in tech is natural and explainable by interest and biological disposition. If you have a 50/50 gender ratio in technical jobs you're actually doing something wrong.

Interest which is shaped by misogynist teachers dissuading them from tech paths and misogynists like you in the tech industry making it a hostile place because you believe your own propaganda.

I don't give a shit at this point.
Let 'em take whatever the hell they want, I'm out of this game.

Fuck this shit.
>denied with a 94 average
>fucking roastie with a 82 got accepted because of a "wimminz in science" program
Nuclear war when?

>"Woman in tech? Save ?765 on your ticket."
i see sexism is still stronk in tech

>Are women in /technology/ as good as men?
In general - no. But some individuals - yes. (The same as cooking... Some man just can't cook something more complex, that 'just heat it' meals... And some are chefs.)
>Why people claim they are yet give them special care?
Dunno. If I would search for employee - the last thing I'd watch is a gender. (race is more important)

propaganda is believing that women arn't by their own free will choosing to study those fields

Women only fuss when they want all the easy high paying jobs. Won't see them clamoring about getting high paying dangerous jobs. What a joke of a sex.

The few women programmers we have/have had at my company are average to great

you don't actually believe this, do you?

this

Yep, this is what happened to me.
>high marks throughout highschool
>34 ACT
>AP classes whenever they were an option
>even did extracurricular bullshit
Denied from all the schools I wanted. All the dumb as bricks roasties got in to whatever schools they wanted. Fuck colleges

Is that Rosario Dawson?

What's the matter? They couldn't actually find a woman in tech to speak at their summit? Or they just couldn't find one they'd be willing to put on a graphic for people to see?

Affirmative Action is necessary for equal representation and equal pay and successfulness. Participate in He for She programs. A woman will remember if you helped her.

>when she for he

>A woman will remember if you helped her to get more help in the future.

Move to Japan or Korea. You won't have this problem.

The idea is to get more women interested. Women prefer to study things like history, sociology, women studies or language when they should be studying something useful like science, technology, engineering or math.

>when they should be studying
why should they study things they are not interested in? think hard before you answer

Margaret Hamilton-tier women clearly are better than the average brogrammer but here's the thing op anyone that good has contempt for affirmative action so dont fit in with the SJW metanarrative.