Does this thing actually block ads?

Does this thing actually block ads?

People are saying it's better than Chrome + ublock

I like it but their sync system is absolute cancer, and since it isn't exactly Chromium, it is hard to import plugins too.

Until they fix both of those, I wont bother.

Their Sync is true to the "privacy" aspect of the browser, it appears to be P2P and not stored on their servers. It's buggy so I wouldn't use it.

And yes it comes with AdBlock installed. By default it blocks ALL advertisements.

Well that's a deal breaker. I'm so used to the Google botnet I don't know if I could deal with that.

This browser had lead me to believe the ABP is the de facto standard.

I just switched from the botnet to complete de-botnet today. So far, it's more than adequate. I don't see a difference between this and Chromium + ublock. I don't use extensions on Chromium either, so the lack of Brave extensions isn't a deal breaker for me.

Speaking of, I always wondered what extensions you guys were using.

no it doesnt block all adds, and there is no easy way to install addons

Which one is it??

Have it installed. It blocks all advertisements by default. Don't know what the other user is saying.

ABP doesn't block all ads by default.

It's good but the adblock is fairly limited, as it is with most "built in" adblockers. I used it for a while until I realized adguard was the patrician's botnet of choice, so you can just use virtually whatever browser you want and have top tier adblocking

its fucking amazing on mobile but not that great for desktop

Adguard doesn't have cosmetic filters though does it?

Here you can see it blocking all ads

>he doesn't use clover

It does, as long as you keep the adguard assistant enabled, it's fairly easy to just select any elements you want to hide manually. If you mean actual premade filters that clean up blank space then that sort of thing is integrated into adguards custom filter list

Firefox
HTTPs Everywhere
Privacy Badger
UBlock Origin
Decentraleyes

It does a good job of blocking most ads, although some (like opening a second web page) slip by at least on mobile.

>mobile

It's better than Chrome on mobile, not on desktop unfortunately.

Invaluable on mobile, it'll even block ads from anime streaming sites without triggering their anti-adblock.

>Installing an entire app to browse one specific website

>browsing other websites
looks like we found the real nigger here, user

And what is the probem with that?

>the daily Brave shilling thread
I seriously hope you're getting paid for this.

I do it for free.

He happens to be telling the truth. it used adblock plus which is complete trash it does not block all ads not even close.

Sauce on that?

I haven't tried mobile but it's been my primary browser on my desktop for a few months now and I'm really liking it

Wait how come you have a home button and I don't? I want a home button.

>scamware
brave is built around the concept of tricking people to give up data and redistribution of ad revenue.

at best, it's a bad reskin of chrome, at worst a botnet by proxy.

Still feels horribly unfinished and the bookmark management is extremely annoying. When you import bookmarks it's so fucking tedious to put everything in its place, I just give up.

No Chromium + uBlock is the master combo.
Firefox Focus on mobile.
Everything else is objectively wrong.

I tried it, they say it has Privacy Badger functionality built into it but there's little indication that it does from the UI, how effective is the tracker protection of this thing?

>People are saying
If it's so good, why do you need to advertise it here every day, cockbreath? Get a real job, you piece of shit.