What does Sup Forums know about Iran?

What does Sup Forums know about Iran?

I spend a month there, visited Tehran, Kashan, Esfahan, Yazd, Shiraz and Kerman and also some rural towns. Best trip I ever did, one month was not enough and I want to go back.

I'm no expert on the country, but you can ask me anything you want to know.

I'd immigrate the second they stop being a theocracy desu

Shithole Muslim country where they kill women for being raped, get arrested for wearing a t-shirt in public, etc

Was pretty nice back when the Shah kept the savages on a leash.

It sucks.

One of my best friends was born there

That furry Sup Forums poster.

They hate the USA, they have religious police, etc. They will probably become secular in the future and become a good country

Kinda white but not really

they ran

My Uncle is living there
[spoiler]I love you uncle[/spoiler]

>They hate the USA

All the young people were absolute americaboos when I was there. Well, westernboos, but due to a series of reasons american lifestyle and media fits them better than the european.

Israel on the other hand...

>but due to a series of reasons american lifestyle and media fits them better than the european

American media doesn't show as many tits, which is haram.

Considering they watch american media illegally, it being haram is not really important. But yeah, america being more prudish and religious might be another point of conection with Iran that Europe doesn't have.

I have no idea why is the west "friends" with Gulf States and "enemies" with Iran.

Iran is much more sane and sensible nation than fucking Saudi Arabia or Qatar.

> but they are anti Israel waah
Yeah, maybe, but they don't pour money into terrorism directly. Also Israel can protect itself quite well.

> but they support Assad waah
Yeah that kinda sucks, but Saudis and Qataris support fucking Al Qaeda

> but they support Saleh and Houthis in Yemen waah
yeah it's Saudi Arabia that is throwing bombs in Yemen

> but hostage crisis
That was a long time ago, they wouldn't pull that shit now

Anyway yeah if Iran was a little less anti-Israel I would like it more, but really the hate from the west (and US in particular) is funny

Europe is more uptight than us in some ways.

I know I want to nuke them

>Iran is much more sane and sensible nation than fucking Saudi Arabia or Qatar
>Yeah, maybe, but they don't pour money into terrorism directly

The media isn't at all

I feel bad for them, they're so misunderstood. The Iranians I've met are awesome people. I also respect them for sticking it to the Saudis. But as said, I wish they would tone down the DEATH TO ISRAEL thing.

The first sentence is correct

LOLno. Shiism is practically the same extremist nonsense as Wahabism. The guy who first introduced Shiism to Iran killed one million people in the process.

It's the same shit really, there's no sane Muslims states. Iran also actually does directly fund terrorists.

Also it ironic Iranians are the most anti Israel because Iranians in Canada and America have always been the ones to tell me they respect Israel and don't hate Jews like their media.

What? Hollywood is totally degenerate.

truth to be said

Saudi Arabia actually used to be less crazy than it is now... the kings were pretty secular and muslims in names only.

But then the revolution in Iran happened, Iranians threw down Shah and installed theocracy and the Saudi kings thought "oh fuck, the religious fanatics might come in and overthrow us just as they overthrew Shah!"

So they decided to pump up the religion and give money to crazies in order to keep their power. "We will give money to crazies and they will like us and not overthrow us like they did in Iran..."

So in an indirect way, Iran is responsible for the spread of wahabism.

But mainly it's because muslims do crazy things, I guess.

>I wish they would tone down the DEATH TO ISRAEL thing.

Yeah, it's depressing how our interests line up fantastically in the middle east, and they are far less crazy than the motherfucking Saudis. Yet we've got the Republicans, and they're still insist on saying "Death to Israel, Death to America" even if they claim not to mean it literally.

Same thing the the Houthis in Yemen, which are a pretty moderate group not even seeking to establish an Iranian-style theocracy. Their main adversary on the ground is literally Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. Some of the same people who did 9/11, and the same faction that did Charlie Hebdo. But we are effectively on their side, not the Houthis.

The weird thing is that Iranians (the people, not govt) are actually like Americans (the people) more than most countries.

Deluded diaspora think they're white.

Speaking of deluded diaspora...

You don't watch much foreign film, do you?

What does that have to do with anything?

Then again...

Americans have a very crude, loud, in-your-face sense of sexuality. Europeans have a more subtle, artistic sense of sexuality.

OMG an adult wiggling her arse how degenerate!

I feel like it's indirectly the CIA's fault that they turned into such a shitty country. Maybe if the revolution never happened and they set up a less shitty government they would be our Best Ally instead of the fucking Sauds.

We have gross slasher movies too. Your point?

Or more accurately Jimmy Carter's fault. Fuck that guy.

Iran is a powerless and poor country

No crap. Their entire economy is based on oil, they produce nothing else, and they're a pariah state.

>gross slasher movies
You have plenty of violence but not much nudity and sex. In Europe there'll be a kids movie about candy featuring 40 minutes of gratuitous full-penetration sexual scenes.

Anything rated R is gonna have nudity and sex, dude.

Did you go to church there?

It's normally not rated R though. You're obviously not understanding. When we were younger we always used to watch a certain tv station that ran European films because there was guaranteed to be nudity and sex at any time of the day. European media has a reputation for being more heavily invested in sexual themes and sexuality compared to the more prudish American media. If you did a study you might find out that the actual ratio of nude scenes to non-nude is similar across different cultures, but I'm telling you the perception is there for many people who watch a little of both Hollywood and European film.

i dont

Eu is the enemy of ME countries no matter what they says.
You guys try to c uck Iran with Khomeini but It's turned not so well, now you guys tried same thing with Gülen. Suuds and Salafis are noting more than Trojan horse of West.
Not any sane Middle Eastern should trust Europans or America.