Sup Forumsermany

Don't reply to this thread. Don't do anything. It's just a test.

archive.is/yZlZm

>According to Telecompaper, many Deutsche Bahn patrons still buy paper tickets at the station, print their online tickets at home or use a paper-based subscription for their train fare.

>Despite the fact that every Deutsche Bahn station and platform is equipped with contactless Touchpoints, wall badges with a QR code and an NFC tag, the adoption of contactless technology has remained slow.

>Telecompaper explained that many people in Germany still favor paper tickets, as opposed to using NFC technology, due to concerns about privacy and data sharing.

Dont tell me what to do faggot

Its not about concerns about privacy. Its because paper just werks.

This phone payments are memes
>phone dies all of the sudden you become poor

Fuck you.

you fucked up OP, this thread will hit bump limit

>people actually think nfc is more convenient than good ol paper
fucking kek

Pretty much this.

German here. I almost exclusively use cash and paper tickets.

Most trains in America still use a Proof-Of-Payment system which requires Conductors to physically punch paper tickets. Scanner machines cost money to use and install, also their own proprietary e-ticket cards are not interoperaable with electronic cards issued by other transit agencies.

This is most noticeable in San Francisco, CA whose BART metro system uses paper magnetic strip cards from the mid 60s, while Caltrain regional rail uses paper tickets and SF Muni uses cash. They do share electronic Clipperâ„¢ machines, but not all trains/stations are equipped with them and the company who operates them charges a 3% fee. Also, for what it is worth BART ticket machines do not accept credit cards, $20 bills or touchless payments; only cash below $10 and debit cards (much like the DMV or the Post Office).

The government sucks at technology, also most people avoid all of this by just buying the monthly pass at a grocery store, which they can just show for unlimited rides.

>Your money is stored on your phone
That's not how it works my little retarded friend.

Wait so you are saying muggers can't force me to transfer my e-money to a pendrive and run away with it??

Not him but it is though. You loose your phone, you've lost access to the phone number which is used to get into your account. Whoever has your phone can just change your password then be done, the only way around it is to call the phone company and cancel your service but that requires a bill, whom someone who pays electronically will have stored on their phone. Same applies to banking, someone can just press the app button and see all your banking info right there, especially if you also took pictures of checks to deposit or got statements filed electronically.

I know several people who've gotten fucked like this.

>fly to america
>great can't wait to take a train to my hotel
>no public transport after 9pm
>no alcohol sales after 10pm either
>only Mcdonalds and Walmart open that late

then the next day my Amtrak train was six hours late

Yeah, no shit. Paper is simple. Paper doesn't require you to learn shit. The mental overhead is lower. It just fucking works. You can fold it and put it into your wallet or whatever. It doesn't stop working when the battery dies. It weighs nothing.

Finger print authentication.

why authenticate with something someone can pull off the back of the phone?

Simultaneous fingerprint and iris scan on wake up plus a 4 digit PIN. Beat that.

that is not a feature available on currently available phones

Any of you fucks actually been ON the DB? The underground doesn't have any Gates or readers... The only time you use your ticket is when they do a surprise walk through and scan everyone.

If you aren't a senior or someone with a 12 month ticket you can only get paper. Even an 80€ unlimited monthly is just a regular paper ticket with a hologram.

Unlike the west today, the indians didnt have a choice. In fact, they DID fight white people big time, it was only that white people won by military means and by means of terrorism.
White people didnt outbreed indians, they killed them off, even going so far as killing of herds of animals just to starve the indian population. Also, they werent fleeing, they were colonizing. They came equipped with guns, ships, materials and capital and brought their whole family clans.

This is the opposite today. Migriants and refugees usually come with nothing but there bare bodys and workforce. Usually they have to leave their family at home providing for them. When was the last time you saw a refugee ship blasting an american settlement with canons? When was the last time american citizens were forced to work in mines by muslim immigrants? When was the last time european citizen starved because immigrants destroyed their crops? Thats right motherfucker, none of this has ever happened. Fuck your lame attempt at making an argument out of your wrong historic analogy.
And fuck you for making me write this on Sup Forums.