Post 10/10 influential albums

20th century only

90% of Sup Forums essentials, my man

i wouldnt say they are influential

you'd be wrong if you didn't at least concede that most of the albums listed under the "classics" section weren't influential

this for sure. Arguably, we'd have no mathrock without it.

I remember playing Blue Rondo in jazz band, shit was fun
and what a coincidence I'm listening to this

same. ive had it for a while and only liked teenage riot. Now its clicking. i love it.

Ruins' self titled

Definitely not. Math Rock's influences have nothing to do with that album. You might as well cite Conlon Nancarrow since he predated it.

Good example of influential but not very good on its own

that happened to me when i first heard it, thought teenage riot was the only good song and i'd get bored during silver rocket but now i like the whole thing :)

i'd say this is def highly influential but i don't enjoy it as much as other sample-based albums that it obviously inspired

it feels kind of boring compared to what else is on offer in the same vein nowadays. tho i do like Midnight In A Perfect World

I might as well be the one to post it. Certainly a 10 for me, and was influential to tons of shoegaze acts.

Glenn Branca - The Ascension

What?

Was it really influential? To which bands? Because there already were artists playing psychedelic rock before that album was released.

'Scuse me. Pardon me. Comin' through. Just the best album ever made. Pardon me. Comin' through. 'Scuse me.

Based on a Tru Story - 2 Chainz

shit mediocre album

if you know anything about jazz you would have chosen something else

literally true

no one knew it

9/10

5/10

6.5/10

8/10

9/10

7.5/10, Spirit Of Eden is better

7.5/10