What are some Sup Forums-core coffee machines?

What are some Sup Forums-core coffee machines?

>inb4 poorfags and brainlets try to convince others that Nespresso is bad

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3680393/
ebay.com/itm/Rancilio-Silvia-Espresso-Machine-6cups/273025994175
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

keurig k50

Enjoy your overprices shitty pods.

The only true coffee machine is an espresso pump.

Not the one you posted.
>enjoy replacing the water cylinder evey 3 months as the steel plaste on the bottom corrodes out and starts leaking
Delonghi are fucking shithouse.

>Buying overpriced pods packed with instant coffee because you're too dumb to use coffee machine

Is there a coffee machine that can run GNU Plus Linux?

I use this machine, it lets you choose the strength of the coffee which i like

French press.

Clever dripper

1999 rancilio espresso machine for Milk Coffee
Cold Bruer for ice coffee
Instant Coffee/Plunger the rest of the time. Had mixed results with Moka pots. Drip coffee is also dece if you're in a backwards country that doesn't respect fresh coffee beans and local roasters.

There's a super automatic at work that has a USB port for firmware updates and a 7" screen.. so probably that?

You're a disgrace. Fuck off, I'm genuinely mad.

I work at a company that designs professional coffee machine and multiple run GNU/Linux as OS for the GUI.

Winbabies BTFO
Macfags BTFO

GNU/Linux is truly the universal operating system.

can you shitpost from your coffee machines?

Also I use pic related with fresh ground coffee (have a small electric grinder), it's MILES better than nespresso. Nespresso just has this weird cardboard/stale liquorice after-taste, plus the foam is nasty as shit.

I make heavily caffeinated cuban coffee and shave with a double edged razor. Get over it, technocucks, old is good.

>can you shitpost from your coffee machines?
Possibly. They will have network when you plugin a USB NIC but they don't run X or anything you can start a mainstream browsers on. w3m and lynx should work though, so shitposting on websites that don't need JS and/or images for captcha should be possible.

Nothing wrong with the way you make actual coffee. It's the starbucks faggots (OP included) that should gtfo.

poorfag here.
i need muh covfefe fix but too cheap to get a cup every day so im stuck on instant atm

i used to make coldbrews with roomies gear but thats gone and im getting desperate

originally i planned to get a old espresso Mokapot but noticed all of them are aluminium and im worried about toxicity leeching from over a direct flame

should i break and get a drip machine?
sounds kind of nasty unless i get a glass on glass maker and clean it good...

at least with the metal mokapots i wouldnt need to worry about germs after a good cleaning like with plastics.

i dont even know anything about drippers and brands either damnit

i saw some mokapots are stainless steel or titanium but those are rare.

IM AT A BREAKING POINT
D:

>poor
>covfefe
>must be tired from winning

let me at it bro!
It's prob UART over USB I'll find those hidden modes for ya.

get a french press with glass beaker, or just use filters and make pourover

nope just a grown orphan with no support system ie a family

Fucking murricans, you make me reeeeee, why don't you shot directly in your vein

Pic related is only acceptable

>>inb4 poorfags and brainlets try to convince others that Nespresso is bad
No.

>inb4 poorfags and brainlets try to convince others that Nespresso is bad
>"If you dare to disagree with the lazy, consumerist fuckery ur le poorfag and brainlet"
ok kid.

there's nothing wrong with filter coffee and it's not even specifically american

>Using a Cuban
My fellow subsaharan africans

something like this desu

If you're a poorfag don't fuck with instant, go full French press. It's cheap and competent coffee. I have a >$1k espresso machine and the coffee from my French press at work is more than enjoyable. Far better than the trash that comes from the nespresso pods.

ill give it a shot thanks man

Rancilio Silvia + grinder like this Vario.

Lads

Is that the one with the really light and tiny portafilter? Wasn't a big fan.

Not sure Sup Forums will go for the higher end in reality.

seems to be the general consensus thanks

forgot the grinder, this shit beats low pressure chink machines by light years

These industrial brewers are aesthetic

>The Netherlands reporting in. Can confirm. Filter is the way non hipster faggots here drink coffee.

You can replace that easily if it bothers you.

It certainly also doesn't have perfect temperature stability like the ECM or Rocket, but its pretty solid for its price and available just about everywhere civilised.

>drinking coffee
enjoy ulcer faggot

> coffee
> ulcers
Probably not related as far as we can tell

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3680393/

Coffee is very good for you.2-4 cups a day recommend ed. Reduces all cause (!) mortality.

I use a knock off Nespresso with knock off but still not cheapest capsules. Machine was £25 pods under 20p

It's not the best but it beats Starbucks and it's Hella cheap. I have with double creme myself (which is not cheap but whatever)

That's my cheap option if I was rich I would have got bean to cup.

Rate my super high tech rig.

>believing research paid by coffee manufacturers
ayy lmao

Wish I had that much money to burn.

Unironically this. French press is superior in all ways to drip coffee by far. Especially if you use a burr grinder with a fresh medium roast coffee.

I started having this, and it's like night and day. I didn't know coffee could be this flavorful.

>Coffee is very good for you.2-4 cups a day recommend ed. Reduces all cause (!) mortality.
>uses conserved Nestle coffee

m8 all the lab results and statistics are for actual coffee, not what you drink
you know what coffee is "good for you"? take beans, roast them, ground them, put them into water, drink half, throw away the rest with the grounds in it
thats how 50%+ of humankind drinks coffee by the way

i use the silvia for about 4 years now, it's pretty comfy and probably the best quality you can get for about 500€.
the steaming wand is very powerful like on a commercial machine and you get a very good extraction.
the single shot portafilter is really annoying but for about 10€ you can get a decent one and you have to tweak the trip tray a bit.

i got a graef cm 800 grinder which is a major pain in the ass to set but once you got it right its a pretty awesome grinder because it just costs around 100€.

What do you have then?!

Probably some blog by an internet shaman that blabs that the thing he doesn't do (anymore) is a big ulcer risk? Because I'm not seeing any contradicting studies.

They're super cheap on amazon these days

would you?

work colleagues that drink coffee as soon as they open they eyes in the morning. Most of them have various stomach problems: ulcer, helicobacter, etc

>paid by coffee manufacturers
>state funded japanese study, one of the smaller coffee markets

What does the hand pump do?

I have a press I've never used. You are sure it beats Nespresso? How much is a decent grinder and which one?

It would be very painful

everything beats nespresso

>You are sure it beats Nespresso
100% mate. I have a cheap press at work, alongside the offices nespresso. I mostly just buy ground coffee from the supermarket, so shit tier dried out trash most of the time, and it still makes a better coffee then the nescaffe.

To be fair I don't hate the nescafe, but I use it beacuse it's convenient and I don't have to buy the pods.

>How much is a decent grinder and which one?
With press the quality of the grinder isn't as important, since you don't have to worry about bad flow in the portafilter caused by inconsistent ground size. I'd personally grab whatever burr grinder you can find that can be adjusted corse enough for press. That's most of them.

Or heck, if you have a coffee shop near you that sell beans and grind them for you, might as well do that and buy in small quantities. That would be completely fine.

>paying money to make shit tier coffee
do you like soy also?

My Nespresso U kicked the bucket after 4 years of daily use. Actually the plastic spout element right after the wafer part broke off at the bottom, waiting for a replacement.
Or I might just buy a new machine because fuck having to tinker with it. 4 years ain't bad in a hard water region.

Been using a $30 Black and Decker for years. Has a removable water tank for easy fill and cleaning. Standard filter brew and pot setup. I'm sure all these fancy machines are nice, but mine has never steered me wrong.

I use it to brew BRCC stuff. MO and DTB are the best.

Jura

What the heck is that, a super auto?

>How much is a decent grinder and which one?
Try . Or if you want total overkill for the anyhow generally coarse french press grind (but ultimately, you're probably going to use it for 10-20 years or so, not even the more expensive option is all that much vs drinking sealed container unit coffees).

Damn that's nice, but is there anything decent for $300-400?

Espresso > french press IMO. But the cost for Nespresso capsules sucks & the coffee they contain is mostly very average.
As a frequent espresso drinker I'd reccommend the up front expense of getting a espresso machine + grinder.

But if you are super cheap of course you can try french or turkish or aeropress style. Maybe you like them.

>Moka
eww no.
Even nespresso is better than that.

>Moka pot
>old
lol.

Unless you're drinking enough coffee per day (at leat 4-5 cups) then a real Espresso machine is worse, since your beans will go stale long before you use them.

GODMODE SOLUTION:
- Buy Nespresso/Caffitaly/Aldi Coffee Machine
- Buy Stainless pods from aliexpress
- Get local coffee place to grind coffee for you, cheaper overall than buying a decent grinder AND keeping beans fresh
- Put nice fresh coffee into stainless pods.
???
- Profit.

I agree Nestle's coffee is shit, the pods are actually a pretty neat invention though, hermetically sealed so the coffee doesn't go stale (too bad it's shit to start off with) and almost as old as Moka pots.

You could save some money on the grinder & get like, the Graef CM800 or cheaper. But having a faster precise midrange grinder saves time.

The Espresso machine is already pretty low end, but maybe you can find an used Gaggia Classic or Saeco Aroma or something.

I figure if you're not even in the market for this pretty cheap setup, maybe you might prefer a DeLonghi ECAM something (ECAM22.320.SB
maybe?) or such until you can afford a setup with robust separate devices.

>Filter is the way hipster faggots here drink coffee.
FTFY

Have one of those at work, can confirm it makes great coffee.

I still prefer the coffee I make at home with the Phillips Saeco Poemia tho

I only drink Turkish coffee. No need for technology, just a copper cup to heat it up.

>almost as old as Moka pots
I don't remember having nespresso capsules in the 60's. I do have my gandpa's moka pot from the late 60's/early 70's and I remember my dad making coffee in one when I was a kid late 80's.
I remember it well because the pot was overfilled and exploded.

> Go buy small portions from a local coffee place frequently
While this is good if the local shop is good, it costs some srs time.

You might easily prefer beans in slightly oxidized state, it's what most people drink.

> Fill stainless pods with loose coffee and apply sealing foil for the system to work rather than having a grinder dispense the correct amount into a sieve
Costs time again, and actually these stainless cups are LESS good at preserving beans than the enclosed bean container on your grinder too.

It's a possible solution, but I can't see its superiority.

Filter is the way we drink for many generation here. Hipsters here go for the lattes, frapuchino or whatever you burgers call those raped coffee variants.

Nespresso was patented in the 50s...

>While this is good if the local shop is good
I'll concede this point immediately, if your local shop is worse than what you can buy from nestle, then it's a bad idea.
>You might easily prefer beans in slightly oxidized state
No, I wouldn't. Nespresso is better than stale beans.

>Costs time again, and actually these stainless cups are LESS good at preserving beans than the enclosed bean container on your grinder too.
Costs less than 10 minutes a week, grinding and running a proper espresso machine will take longer (but if you've got fresh beans, will be a superior result)
I prefer it as a solution to $500 espresso machines and $50 grinders than still only tend to last 3-4 years.
A nespresso machine run from $50 and is no worse than a $500 nespresso machine, they all only last 2-3 years.
The stainless pods last much longer, the oldest pods I have are ~7 years old now, I've probably spent ~$200 on pod containers in the same period, they aren't cheap but they last. I have 17 pods currently. That lasts me about 7 days (although the grind starts going state after about 4 days, so the last 4 days can be worse, I haven't been arsed to change my schedule up yet)

>>Moka
>eww no.
>Even nespresso is better than that.
How so? If you take care not to burn it it's great.

>the pot was overfilled and exploded.
Is that too much water or too much coffee? I usually top the coffee basket off, is that too much?

>copper cup
>clearly a regular coffee mug inside said cup
lmao

You're all fucking retarded. Put finely ground up coffee in a small pot and boil it with water. Two teaspoons of coffee to a cup. When it starts to rise, remove from heat, then boil again and remove from heat once more. Wait 2 minutes and pour it into your cup slowly. You just made delicious coffee with almost 0 money. A medium coffee pot costs less than

Too much coffee compressed too hard. The pot was like a Falcon 9 without the landing, spewing coffee everywhere and knocking a nice little hole in the ceiling.
I was a quick thinker back then, grabbed my jam sandwich and ran to safety.

You brew it in copper, serve it in porcelain, and have a metal handle for the porcelain cup, so you can hold it while its warm.

you never boil it

French Press master race.
I also roast my own coffee beans at home - Costs me about half as much and is the best thing ever.

Cold brew coffee is goddamn delicious! Too bad it takes almost an hour to get a small pot filled, but it is smooth like velvet, almost no race of acidity.
Just put ground coffee in filter, put it under the tap and only open it to give drops and wait for it.

French press + manual burr grinder + stainless steel kettle on a gas stove + locally fresh toasted beans master race

> No, I wouldn't. Nespresso is better than stale beans.
If stale yes, but that doesn't really happen for months in an enclosed container of either a decent hand mill or a decent grinder.

The full beans in a grinder's container decay a lot slower than beans in metal cups (with the seal you apply on top and the holes at the bottom, maybe themselves stored in an air tight container of sorts)

> Costs less than 10 minutes a week, grinding and running a proper espresso machine will take longer
No way. Again, you get the correct dosage for a single or double shot dispensed into your sieve (you save sealing it with the glue lid and the filling and tamping is easier) by your grinder. Definitely saves time.

> $50 grinders than still only tend to last 3-4 years.
IDK about the most crappy grinders (never used them), but you're not going to wear out a decent burr grinder with coffee beans in just 5 years, especially not with casual use.

> A nespresso machine run from $50 and is no worse than a $500 nespresso machine, they all only last 2-3 years.
There are obviously also better and worse nespresso machines (anything from the speed and robustness of the capsule loading mechanism to how quickly it warms up and how constant temperature is between two rapidly successive cups), and quite a bunch of possible features.

Maybe you care, maybe you don't, but they're not all the same either.

Shut up poorfags deserve coffee too.

You can also leave grounds + water in a closed pot in the fridge for 1 or 2 nights, then filter with cheesecloth or a sieve or whatever. Did it a few times, great stuff.

get an aeropress and a coffee grinder. if you think nespresso is good, you are a pleb.

what's the point?

Nespresso is good. I also make coffee by french press. Sue me.

It's typically a copper vessel with tin lining.

Copper is a great material to transmit heat from an open flame or electric stove or whatever to the water & the tin inside is against the copper reacting. It's a pretty obvious design.

And you could use a double walled glass espresso shot glass for the cup, works as good or better - they just didn't traditionally have those.

ebay.com/itm/Rancilio-Silvia-Espresso-Machine-6cups/273025994175

Should i buy that? Price looks very tempting.

How big of a family do you buy it for?

3, but it'll mostly be for myself.

So fucking shit, the milk can overflow from the milk heater/thickener. Absolute trash, the coffee is nice though

Saeco is decent, if you have more coins try bezzera.