i found a desktop environment better than gnome

Other urls found in this thread:

manjaro.org/community-editions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ew what is this. Sticking to KDE

kde is a piece of shit

What Windows 10 theme is this?

deepin desktop environment
it's the mandjaro version. i say this because faggots think i am using deepin os

manjaro.org/community-editions/

I love manjaro.

I unironically enjoy deepin

whats wrong with deepin, never heard of it so im a brainlet, edutate me

Chink botnet memes

Here's something better.

I'll stick with Unity.

>i found a desktop environment better than gnome
are you implying that's difficult?

>better than gnome

And where is the merit on that?

see i tried the distro this is for and to make a long story short there was broken English in the installer

is that picture of somewhere in Washington state? if so can i have it? even if i dont live their anymore washington will always be home home

but it'll be dead before too long. :c

so will you if you dont stop being such a furry cunt fuck you

deepin shit haha

I know, but damn it, it's clean, quick and it doesn't bother me. XFCE looks ugly as fuck...

>better than gnome
Not exactly the biggest challenge, is it?

>XFCE looks ugly
What is it about XFCE that looks ugly to you? The window borders and theme I use look just fine to me. I have the panels on auto-hide so I don't look at those much, perhaps that's what you mean.

How's the RAM usage? Is it like gnome?

>Not secure
pls change to HTTPS

fucking furry

thanks dad

>XFCE looks ugly as fuck
it certainly does out of the box, but ime it's by far the easiest to customise
this set up probably wouldn't take more than like 5-10 minutes to make it look like this from stock (blacked everything identifying out cause le paranoia meme but you get the idea)

looks like shit

Stfu windows boy

Whats the most noob friendly way to get started with this?
I know a lot about windows of all kinds but nothing on linux distros, looks fun

All DEs copying Windows UI is good.
All DEs copying OSX UI is bad.

Prove me wrong.
#protip: you CAN'T!

fair enough friend
it's all very subjective, I mostly meant to point out how customisable it is

no you didnt

What's on your picture looks absolutely disgusting. What are you talking about even? Arc theme is the synonym for vomit for past 3 years at least.

Honestly the best thing to do is just jump in. Pick whichever distro catches your eye first. Most are really well documented and have lots of community contribution for troubleshooting and whatnot. Distros really don't matter as a lot of the skills you learn with them are transferable to one another. Have fun!

install xubuntu 16. ez

Deepins great, if slightly laggy at times

Is it smart to install as dual boot? Or will it cause problems for my windows partition?
I don't want to fuck up my daily driver in case I can't figure out how to do urgent work, im used to doing on windows, on linux.
Maybe VM is the better option?
I heard there is screen tearing for nvidia cards as well, thats what my laptop has, is it a non issue?

>haha
haha

xfce?

Hate on Gnome3 but I have a full graphics stack to prevent screen tearing via Wayland backend, Vulkan, Freesync with multiple monitor support.

No misaligned screens and every monitor is mapped via the GUI.
Just works.

Obviously not every game has a VLK backend but with DXVK and WINE getting a VK backend I'll have incredible support soon.

Not to my desktop doesn't run every process under root like Xorg.

>Not to my desktop doesn't run every process under root like Xorg.
shit wayland users actually believe

you spelled "I" wrong

>not using i3 in

not all people are autistic, user

>All DEs copying OSX UI is bad.
This is certainly true but it doesn't make windows UI clones any better.

I've never managed to fix screen tearing on my laptop which has nvidia graphics. On my other one which has intel it does work perfect.

What a pain, I guess I should look into getting a comfy tiny laptop like x series thinkpads for a potential linux machine then

nah

But you can still enable intel graphics on linux and leave nvidia unused. Probably you won't game on linux

Sounds like potential, interesting

ew my eyes

DEs with default windows like design are objectively better, except for now dead Ubuntu's Unity DE.

> create_window
> does initialization of the whole library

ok

yes, you install nvidia drivers basically and then in GUI of nvidia enable intel. It should work.

You figured out that KDE, Xfce, MATE, Cinnamon, LXDE/Qt and Budgie exist?

teach me how to configure that taskbar and tray and i'll switch to deepin right now

I know, not being used to beauty is tough :/

try out manjaro deepin, the task bar is configurable

more like deepin your mom

Is that chrome os? It's neat but gallium os is better. Chrome isht botneet

Fuck the haters that's a sweet set up friendo

The last time I got deepin troubles, was like a year ago and really liked it on manjaro. The problems were caused exclusively by manjaro, so I had a go with the real deal. Had some internet connection and diver problems then there, so I went back to being a retarded gnome.
Gonna give it another go today just because (You).

>zero customization
yeah nah
also stop shilling this shit newfag, this is at least your 2nd post in less than 2 days

what's the menu, user? show you screenfetch setup pls? its really nice

and yes the bottom launcher and button manager hide

that looks pretty bad desu

The fuck would you need your icons to be this big tho

the name just kill it

How did you get this theme? I think it's beautiful. I'm fairly new to Linux and stuff so it would be great to get some tips

Grandpa need big icon to see!

like i said, the icon menu hides so its not like its taking up any space when its in use.

So did everybody else that isn't using gnome.

I need to eat her ass