I'm going insane Sup Forums, I can't get this shit to work

I'm going insane Sup Forums, I can't get this shit to work.

Script (no syntax errors, runs through):
pastebin.com/EUyq0ysK

ffmpeg output:
pastebin.com/QD44fnUV

I record quite some webms from the weebshit I watch and want to make some of them available as sound. I extract the webms via a downloaded mpv script most of you know I think.

Plebs would convert manually, I thought of using ffmpeg on a cronjob to do this for me. Since my hoster doesn't let me run scripts (he's quite cheap so whatever) I download all the .webms I threw on the Webhosting Server to my thinkpad at home, convert them there, upload and delete the stuff.

I DO get a bunch of .mp3s coming to my Server.
But they seem to be sped up a ton and iridium and Firefox choke on them, so does any desktop media player. You can check the files yourself at audio.animu.date

Any of you guys had this before? Do I need additional settings in my ffmpeg call to make sure the audio is 1:1 what I used? Is the script fucked? Could it be hardware?

I tested the script with both of my laptops, one is a stinky second hand Ideapad, the other one a neat little thinkpad, both running on Debian Jessie and stretch respectively.

I brought this up at the ffmpeg IRC and they were as fascinated as I am over the problem.

Other urls found in this thread:

audio.animu.date/raws/[Ohys-Raws] Blend S - 06 (BS11 1280x720 x264 AAC)-[20_08.991-20_12.828]-audio.webm
audio.animu.date/audio/[Ohys-Raws] Blend S - 06 (BS11 1280x720 x264 AAC)-[20_08.991-20_12.828]-audio.mp3
pastebin.com/B3KUcwTm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

share sample webm with sounds pls

Is it absolutely necessary to convert it to mp3? You can extract the ogg vorbis or opus audio stream without reencoding.

what part of 'Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team' did you not understand?

>Plebs would convert manually

Plebs would already be done and not open tech support threads

Webm
audio.animu.date/raws/[Ohys-Raws] Blend S - 06 (BS11 1280x720 x264 AAC)-[20_08.991-20_12.828]-audio.webm

Mp3
audio.animu.date/audio/[Ohys-Raws] Blend S - 06 (BS11 1280x720 x264 AAC)-[20_08.991-20_12.828]-audio.mp3

So opus would not require converting? Sounds neat, and my output also said something like that.

I would post it to stupid questions but if the ffmpeg IRC failed on this, I thought it might be worth sharing

It's for a website where I'll upload webm to 3-4 times a week, I don't have time to spare to manually convert all that shit, I let a cronjob do it.

WebM container can only hold Vorbis (ogg) and Opus audio streams, you can ask ffprobe which codec is it and extract like this:
ffmpeg -i input.webm -c:a copy output.opus
MKA (Matroska Audio) container is also an option.

ok thanks.

But any idea why the audio is WHGARBL sped up when I run the script, but is totally fine when I run every line in the script manually through ssh?

Aaaaaa fuck google
Uuuh, not really. Have you tried single quotes instead of double quoted?

${FILE}: No such file or directory

Okay, I'm out of ideas.

What happened If you make the ffmpeg script extract sound from webm to ogg/mka/opus instead of converting it to mp3?

me too m8

I actually just tried that, the result can be seen on audio.animu.date
It again doesnt werk.

Here's the pastebin from the output

pastebin.com/B3KUcwTm

I'm wondering why there's so much muxing overhead and what "speed: 18.6x" is supposed to mean (that comes even when I specify 1x speed with -filter:a)

18.6x speed means it's encoding at 18.6x real time

> what "speed: 18.6x" is supposed to mean
Encoding performance, i.e. encoding 18 seconds of audio per 1 second of real time = 18x.

okay, I was constantly hung up on that since some of the audible audio was over in seconds and some milliseconds were recognizable.

Currently playing around with the formats. Thank god it's a slow day at work.

can you post one of the original webms?

nvm wups

webm to mp3 using your ffmpeg command works for me. maybe try the latest version. another idea is make sure you manually set the encoder i.e. not just -f mp3 but -c:a libmp3lame

what was the command? the output says ogg but the files on audio.animu.date is opus

i was playing around with the script and purging the files on the server constantly, so right now it's opus. do you need the ogg ?

nah, just asking.

OP here, I found the culprit.

Apparently the files are fine before uploading them to FTP via ...FTP.

I'll try rsync now and call it a day.

Thanks for all your input, I learned quite a lot!