Wake up

>wake up
>something smells like rubber heating up, burning almost
>look at pc
>screen not responding yet pc on
>panic
>rip out power cord
>turns on fine but room still smells like heating up/burning rubber

this all happened so suddenly guys, what the fuck could be the cause of this? could it be my pc? i've been letting it go 24/7 the last 7 days in 100-110F weather. would that be bad for it? pic unrelate

Posts ambient temperatures and does not verify temperatures of internal componets. user Sup Forums is not tech support go to simple questions general

ambient temp 90f right now but its 5am,been at 90f for the last 6-7 hours or so

i also had a box on the top of my pc blocking one of my case fans for a few months i forgot about but i took that off i feel its helping

i cant smell it as much anymore but the smell is in the air i also live in a caravan so maybe it was just something else setting on fire im starting to think. i really have no idea, but my pc wouldnt turn off before so i had to rip the pwoer cord out i forgot to say, but then like a left it maybe 30 seconds after i took out power cord n put it back in then turn on and work fine, funy this shouldnt be working now should it??

attaching special .gif for visibility please help guys i dont post this often as i fear it being saved also please dont save this .gif i use it for important situations like this.

>i also live in a caravan
interesting, post pics

>64637507
the only camera i have is a 2mp webcamera and a 1.2mp candybar nokia camera, i dont have the nokia cord and no software for webcamera to take ophotos soryt. but ill doa picture in paint hang on

Are you a subhuman?

>no software for webcamera
Why the fuck have a webcam if you have no software to use it?

90 degrees! Where do you live!

i yell at ppl in video games with it

yes in some ways

heres the illustration

australia. im lucky its early as when it gets to middle of the day in caravan it gets to about 115F on a real summer day

how do you manage without a kitchen? and aren't you scared they might jack your stuff when you leave or are you just touring?

$5 says it's a chink molex to SATA power adaptor

im parked in someones backyard i just use their house, also forgot to mention on the counter i just put a wooden board over the stove, not gona buy gas tanks to cook in a box of wood. onyl in a persons backyard cos i can run a 30m ethernet cable straight to their modem so i can still play video games at a competivie level

so bein in someones backyard i ahve full access to a kitchen and toielt n bathroom etc..

this actually a rly good idea... ill have to look at the back side of my case later on

if i leave it for a few weeks or whatever will it be okay? i mean it stopped MAKING the smell but it still lingers sort of you know io figure it stop heating up too bad

shade it with a tarp

no room or i would ive been out here a few years now, u just get used to the summer. winter gets pretty cold too

I found a picture of OP.

if it was plugged into to a power strip, smell the power strip.
smell the outlets in the room.

This, had something similar happen with an ATX power supply ages ago where the main power connector plugged into the motherboard.

none of the outlets smell and i smelled the inside of my pc still no smell. im fairly sure it was my pc and im worried but shit..... i duno gonna have take the whole thing apart in a few days time when it isnt 100F+ and give ita good look i guess

was the cable melted or burnt or anyhting? anything visible?

can still slgihtly smell this weird rubber smell but it isnt getting worse just lingering.

also had a look at the back of my case where the cable managemtn is and it all looked okay didnt smell either

youre only saying that because i had to tape a window up after i had to kick it in to break back into the caravan when the door locked (it wont unlock)

When I got that it was because my graphics card had completely burned out.

dude, this only ever happens in america, move to europe and get some social housing or some shit

The cable itself wasn't burned, but the connector block where it plugged into the motherboard was black and charred at one side. It may be different on your PC, when this happened to me it was back in the days of the original Athlon, so it may be a different power connector for you than the one that failed for me, so check anything that carries power to your board and components.

Otherwise, bad capacitor on the board or inside the power supply maybe?

strange, everything appears fine for 30C ambient temp

no thanks im fine where i am its nice here

graphics card also working, maybe i should boot up the pubg and give it a lil stress test soon

Try it, but to be fair when my graphics card burned out the whole PC wouldn't turn on until I took it out. Sounds like a mystery to me OP.

so i jsut checked my GPU and the fuckin fan isnt spinning.... i got this fuckin thing like 6 months ago MAYBE

what complete fucking bullshit

the gpu fan is meant to be spiinning as long as the computer is on right? even if it aint playin intense vidya or smethin?

also i could rotate it with my finger so im failry sure it aint obstryucted or something. did all this while pc was on if make difference

Turns out it probably is that then, try taking it out of the case and give it a good whiff, see if it seems like being the source of the smell.

Whether they should be spinning or not at idle is purely up to your specific card, your PC's ambient temp and how much load the GPU is under, so it's difficult to say.

I'd say it's either;

1) Fan bushing has died//burnt out.
2) Adaptor block has burnt out. This is apparently common with Molex to SATA, though I've never actually seen it myself.
3) PSU is dying.

You mentioned your GPU fan isn't spinning; That doesn't necessarily mean anything, as many of them will turn the fan off under low or idle loads. You can use a third-party tool to manually throttle them up and see if it still spins.

so im playin pubg now n i dont smell burning rubber, am i fine?

wtf was goin on

mahybe it wasnt my computer? then why wasnt it responding.... wtf....

>100-110F weather
>F

post pics

just so the americans know whats what..

i would if i had a camera

FUCK I JSUT HEARD POPPPING NOISES COME FROM MY PC

GONNA RIDE THIS BITCH TIL IT FUCKIN DIES NOW I DONT GIVE A FUCK

Aren't burned electrolytic caps supposed to smell like that?

Open it up and look for burned components, capacitors can explode which might explain the popping but I doubt that's it

I've done this too, but I didn't have internet. The backyard I was in was also a fucking forest so I had a lot of privacy, was pretty nice for consuming copious amounts of drugs.

Get your shit together OP

Sounds really comfy, man.

Why the fuck are you using fahrenheit in Australia you mongoloid

>Pizza box
>few months
Clean your room

Kek