Is it gonna be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tBvu5_1Ztwk
youtube.com/watch?v=TiQSf2Huk6g
youtube.com/watch?v=VVA2nvIsCug
esquire.com/entertainment/news/a44563/new-radiohead-album-title-generator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based on burn the witch, it'll be okay.
based on daydreaming, it'll be one of their best releases.

I was avoiding being hype, but having heard the songs I can't fight it any longer.

Also
>people reversing the sound to hear what he's saying at the end
>not reversing the video despite the fact that he's clearly mouthing the words

I feel the other way around. I prefer the tension of Burn The Witch, not that Daydreaming is bad but if I'm gonna root for one song or the other then I'm gonna go with BTW.

That music video is beyond comfy.

As a radiohead megafan, I don't think I've ever heard them sound so openly, deeply hurt.

It's legitimately upsetting.

I didn't want to be overhyped but based on these two singles....

Amnesiac was fucking hurt as hell. I do get some Amnesiac vibes from Daydreaming, but more mature and less angsty, more like actual dread

I think It's going to be good. This is the most excited I have been for an album since the last Radiohead album. They have a way of building hype with their releases. I thought TKOL was only just ok. Sup Forums says its because i'm too gosh darn stupid to understand.

I have a feeling that Daydreaming is going to be my least favorite song on the album. I can't really get into it.

I concur. I turned it on for the first time in my car on the way home from school. Shit caught me off guard as to how gloomy and shit it sounded. Based off the sound bit the had alongside the instagram snippit I didn't think it was going to be this depressing.

TKOL is groove central. Try to just get into the mood and move yourself to it, the rhythm on this one is crazy, and unlike most dancey-rhythmic music, it still maintains that Radiohead subtlety in details, which makes it freaking a-mazing.

Try From The Basement for better versions of Bloom and Little By Little. Also I really couldn't get into LBL until I heard this mix
youtube.com/watch?v=tBvu5_1Ztwk
It's a mix with much louder drums, so the syncopated guitar doesn't mess the rhythm that much, makes it crazy how it sounds like an absolutely different song when you don't focus on the guitars.

I disagree. I actually think that with current Thom's lyrical style going anywhere longer than 5 minutes without big instrumental parts intertwined drawns out the songs too much. 2nd half of TKOL was super guilty of this.

Yeah I remember when the basement sessions came out for TKOL they were way better. That whole album sounded way better live then the studio recordings from the album imo. I wish there was just an album of those.

I like Daydreaming a lot more than BTW but what Radiohead are trying to accomplish on that song has just been done so much better by people like Manual and Jullianna Barwick and I kind of thought the vocal effects they were twinging off and on were trying to accomplish a level of ambiance that Thom's shrill voice can't achieve.

I mean it's fine but I do kind of wish they'd give the song to someone else to fuck with before layering effects on to it.

Basement sessions are pretty good for getting into the songs imo, but apart from maybe more energetic Bloom, I think that it really lacks the layers of the studio version. It's especially apparent on Feral.

The vocal fuckery on Daydreaming kinda reminds me of Bjork's Medulla.

I don't get why people shit on Feral whatsoever. To me it's the most energetic and arguably catchiest thing on TKOL.

It's because most people don't love mood-setting interludes, even when they encompass the feeling of the album the best, same with Treefingers and I Will (and Fitter Happier too)

Althought I feel it's not like they really hate them, it's that they don't remember them as much as the other songs that stand out more.

Both just sound like mediocre songs dressed up with some decent production/arrangements. Maybe they'll grow on me but I'm not impressed so far.

Since they haven't announced the title yet, that makes me think it might be self titled, and if that's the case I'd put BIG money on this being it. Last album, band done. Then again, given the whole 10 motif, they might wanna have 10 albums

I guess that makes sense. I Will isn't a favorite of mine but I acknowledge its worth on HTTT. I do think Treefingers is pretty good though and Fitter Happier is actually one of my favorites on OKC.

No but Amnesiac is smoldering and tense and frantic with energy. Even the most demented it gets still has an obvious lifeforce. This song just whimpers about nakedly. It's great but sooo different

Feral is far more of a song than it is a "mood-setting" interlude IMO.

Where's my damn Daydreaming mega

burn the witch has grown on me a lot and I'd say it's 7.5/10.

daydreaming is beautiful and 9/10 possibly higher.

If we're going to track lyricism to the dissolution of Thom's relationship, which seems to me what Daydreams is about, then Feral is the most obvious throughline to that song

'I'm Not Yours
You're Not Mine
It's All Fine
Please Don't Judge Me'

pretty devastating when you get down to brass tacks and that animalistic swelling of everything going on in that song. My favorite off KoL

"half of my life/half of my love"

It's like a perfect blend of afrobeat and UK dubstep

Treefingers is like a 10/10 ambient song along the lines of Brian Eno, Aphex Twin etc.

Seriously, when they debuted that live during TKOL tour, that was one of the most hype AF moments of that whole deal.

If you reverse the vĂ­deo you have the scientist

Daydreaming sounds like it leads into a much more interesting song at the end.

Daydreaming really doesn't make me feel good about the LP.

They've become a parody of themselves.

They have absolutely not become a parody of themselves bruh, what do you mean by that? Yes, after, decades of making music and performing together Radiohead still sound like Radiohead but it's still quality music and is coming from a sincere place and so cannot possibly be a "parody" of themselves.

What I'm saying is that it doesn't add anything to their legacy if they made or didn't make Daydreaming.

So they might as well not have made it if all they could do is rehash things they've already done before.

>hype
>radiohead

I think you meant boring

Such a waste of dubs

The idea that artists should only ever create music to innovate and add to their own personal canon is something I just disagree with strongly so I can't agree with you here m8. It's a great song, one I personally (and many others) enjoy very much so saying they might as well not have made it because they aren't making music according to an arbitrary set of standards is weird to me. Not like they've ever actually done a song like Burn the Witch before, though, and I really can't think of an immediate comparison between Daydreaming and their previous piano-ballad songs. Maybe Codex? Two songs are completely different though.

I mean honestly it must be difficult to be artists as revered as Radiohead as there's always this pressure of creating music that's forward-thinking literally every outing.

>I'd rather them make worse music if it adds to their legacy
What sort of massive faggot are you?

hahaha try a bit harder faggot.

please god don't be the album cover

Oh holy fuck please no
Looks like some shitty indie band's pop-rock album cover.

looks like linkin park's ATS album art
the pink and white black witch one would be best i think

...oh god I think this really might be it.

Literal Coldplay-core

All that hype for something Chris Martin and Co. could fart out in a lazy afternoon. And yet it's treated like the second coming of Jesus Christ because they released a few good albums 15 years ago

it is going to be better than last one

Does anyone know if this release will be on Spotify?

COLDPLAY
O
L
D
P
L
A
Y

It hasn't been confirmed but their two recent singles are all on Spotify so it would be odd if it wasn't.

looks like the strawberry from Breeders Last Splash

It sounds to me like this song was supposed to sound more ethereal/distant than sentimental (Coldplay being the latter). Besides that the production, melodies, and arrangements are better than Coldplay's.

At some level I do get the criticism though

The only thing I thought is that in the past Thom might have sang Daydreaming higher and prettier. Delivery is kind of flat

the singles were immediately

Daydreamer is the most beautiful things Iv seen in a long time

PTA is a genius

Burn The Witch > Daydreaming

Daydreamer is one of their most beautiful songs and videos I think

I was already excited but this is maybe one of their best songs

Pleb filter

nop

>muh minimalistic teen angst
ayyy

What was the significance of them whiting out all their social media accounts (including Thom and Jonny's twitter)?

Is it supposed to be conceptual or be representative of something?

It was just a cleansing.

Agreed. Both are good songs, though.

Both of these tracks are better than anything on TKoL, and I even really liked that album. I really hope this isn't a case of frontloading the best songs as singles and the rest being a lot weaker.

It seems pretty clear that the album's general tone is that of depression, loss, and resentment to me. Daydreaming is overtly sad and depressing, and Burn the Witch has a really weird malice to it buried under the jingly, upbeat tone. Both music videos also had a sort of wandering protagonist too. Hell, even the deletion of all their social media stuff kinda ties into this as well. It's probably not a concept album but everything they've done so far leading up to it has really carried a sense of unease and despair to it like giving up or profound loss buried under a cold exterior.

>seeing a song

seemed intentional desu

I think vocal eccentricity would have taken away from the track

Synesthesia is a thing, user.

He's talking about the video

PTA = Paul Thomas Anderson

>Burn the Witch sounds like a song straight from a Sufjan Stevens album. 4/10
>Daydreaming is literally sound motion picture track but improved 9/10

I have mixed opinions.

Nah this is like the Kid A bear head or the Amnesiac crying guy. They always have some weird mascot or icon tied with an album.

>>Burn the Witch sounds like a song straight from a Sufjan Stevens album. 4/10

what instrument will Phil play?

Daydreaming made Burn the Witch good.

Album will be stellar.

Calling it now: the album will be self-titled.

This was meant to symbolize the band "starting over", hence the reason for it being self-titled.

>>Daydreaming is literally sound motion picture track (sic) but improved 9/10
I agree it sounds like Motion Picture Soundtrack but improved? MPS is easily one of their most absolutely gorgeous and crushing closers and songs in general. I like Daydreaming but let's at least see how it sounds in the context of the album first.

What a weird reply
Who knows what's going on in your head

Yeah i was thinking it was going to be self-titled too, in the white album sense.

Someone screencap me and this nigga and wait till sunday

Twit

>minimalistic
Sorry, slow=/=minimalist. Try again

AOTD

1990s: OK Computer
2000s: Kid A / In Rainbows
2010s: LP9?

>mfw they call it Putting the ketchup in the fridge

>Identikit and Ful Stop are likely to be in
>With Burn The Witch out, Present Tense is basically confirmed
>There's still stuff like Follow Me Around and Wake Me that might not fit the album 100% but they could throw in if they're lacking in new songs (though I doubt that)

I wouldn't be worried, user

Glad they're finally back on form, TKOL was embarassing.

guys imagine Lift with the string arrangements they have going on

youtube.com/watch?v=TiQSf2Huk6g

>Kid A / In Rainbows
Wrong.

The decade it's almost over and they have released two albums, and also the decade it's almost over. Fuck.

>better than anything on TKoL
>implying Separator is not the greatest Radiohead song

Glad I'm not the only one that thought this.

I hated Burn The Witch the first time through, but now I can't stop listening to it. It's a depressing earworm.

This will always be my favourite Radiohead album, fight me

You keep pushing this meme but it's not going to happen

Studio!Separator was the best on that album but I preferred both BTW and Daydreaming.

Basement!Separator is fucking GOAT though for sure.

2016 is just over halfway through the decade.

Not even the best of the TKOL era.

HTTT is underrated as fuck, every song on that album is great.

Anyone else think the vocals on Daydreaming are terrible, if you include the low-pitched backing vocals near the end.

Pink Section did it way better

youtube.com/watch?v=VVA2nvIsCug

esquire.com/entertainment/news/a44563/new-radiohead-album-title-generator/

Nice job picking the worst Radiohead album of their most prolific decade.

>esquire.com/entertainment/news/a44563/new-radiohead-album-title-generator/

>pretentious daft

hmmm...

I'd be okay with this.

Radiohead is generally depressing.

In Rainbows > Amnesiac > Kid A > The King of Limbs from the basement > OK Computer > The King of Limbs > The Bends > Hail to the Thief > Pablo, Honey