US states discussion

moving to a new state in the US, here is my track record

age 0-17
>Memphis, TN (actually a small suburb called Germantown outside of Memphis)... comfy, pleasant, maybe a little bit boring but four seasons and nice people

age 18-19
>Phoenix, AZ... interesting place, lots of new flora and fauna for me

age 20
>Chicago, IL... great city, shame about the crime, truly a national treasure. lived in Lincoln Park, really charming and laid back neighborhood with some really good food and stuff.

age 21-22
>back in Phoenix.. some good times, ready to move elsewhere

Sorry for the blogpost, but I just wanted to provide my background. From what I've gathered, I like the communal vibe and identity that the South has and a place like Phoenix lacks, I like the excitement of activity that a place like Chicago has, but I don't like the crime. I'm thinking maybe Seattle? Portland? I honestly have no idea. Maybe the northeast? Honestly just looking for places to check out and reasons.

Also generally discuss US states.

pic related, a chart some user made last time I made a thread like this

btw I disagree with the photo

I've lived in Chicago all my life and agree with your assessment. My landlady is planning on selling the house next year, so I and my family will have to move. The folks are thinking about the Pacific Northwest, and I was wondering whether Washington or Oregon is better. In any case, I might stay in Chicago since I'm a UofC student, but if I do move out west as well I was thinking either Eastern Washington (west of the Cascades is too wet/green for my tastes) or Montana.

Sounds like you have some good taste m8. Those places seem like the promise land these days. I should really go and visit the Pacific Northwest (since I've never been) and form an opinion. Underdog states like Montana seem like they could be pretty based based on your priorities.

Yeah, it depends on how I want to spend the rest of my life 2bh. I'm feeling some sort of agricultural or geological research for Mars, which would be suited to those locations.

Mars candy, yeah?

>be in Chicago
>get a call from friend that he needs help moving
>his apartment is in the same neighborhood that Mars candy is produced
>whole neighborhood smells SO FUCKING GOOD, like caramelized sex
>wish I could live in that quaint clean neighborhood

I've lived in Alaska, Arizona, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Florida, and Texas

Moved around so much that I don't have old friends, or a home state, or anything like that. This was distilled in me from a young age
>lived in Alaska when young
>leave because no roots
>come back 4 years later. Still not a teenager
>my best friend doesn't even remember me, even though I never forgot about him
Looking back, I learned a lot of hard lessons like that when I was quite young

I meant Mars as in the planet, but that neighborhood sound like heaven.

Weird. That's a pretty decent lineup of states, which was your favorite?

I see. It was heaven, it smelled so good. In truth it smellled like enhanced, roasted vanilla extract. That + the fact that it was populated by historic churches and houses. It's a great neighborhood, literally nobody can question that.

You remind me of my father, who's from Colorado. His Dad was a State Trooper, and so they never stayed in the same place for more than 3 years.

Sounds based 2bh

Parts of Silicon Valley are actually really nice desu.

Alaska > Arizona > Florida > Oklahoma = Texas > SC

My childhood has left me with a sort of lone wolf behavior. I'm fine by myself, I don't normally ask for help, and I stay distant

Second paragraph was meant to respond to you. The worse part is that both of my parents grew up in similar, albeit less nomadic environments

Is it like the Seattle area? I found that to be too suburban for my liking outside of the city limits.

I've never met my Paternal Grandfather, and he and my Dad haven't talked since he left for College. He's a competent and well-respected manager of a local Plant, though.

I've been around most of the country but I prefer San Diego. The weather's nice. We've actually been in Southern California since the 19th century which is pretty unusual for white folk. The farthest I'd move from here is probably Los Angeles or a cool job offer in the UK or France.

Does anyone else live in southern Cali and absolutely hate it? I want to kill myself every second I'm here.

Why don't you just go back to Mexico?

When I went to LA it was so smoggy that I just left as fast as I could

I'm not a Mexican you faggot. I moved here from Indiana in 2006.

My dad moved to Texas because he didn't like shoveling snow. I've lived here most of my life and want to go north because summer is unbearable, and we get no snow. Wyoming and Montana look super comfy, and I'd even consider Alaska. I don't like people or loud noises either so the lack of them is a plus.

>West Virginia
>good family values
>100% white and high white birthrate
>christian
>republican
>beautiful scenery
>great history

BUT IT'S FILLED WITH OBESE AMERILARDS AND METH HEADS

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Pretty much representative of the trade-offs associated with the South 2bh.

Needs some tough law and order, and some way of making the fatties fit again.

Hey, I like the smog in LA. Are you some kind of pussy?

I bet you would not care where you lived if you were a millionaire.

>vancounver isnt canadian
>alaska is

what is this

>Needs some tough law and order
Oddly enough given the area, West Virginia hasn't had the Death Penalty since the 1950s.

And perhaps some walking opportunities could help with obesity, although that is far easier said than done.

The Appalachian states are very pretty. They're also where most of the US coalmines lie dormant. I'm sure the grandparents of those obese Amerilards were pretty fit back in the day swinging pickaxes until they croaked of blacklung.

They were also democrat trade union members, friendo. You are a funny little child.

If I were a millionaire I'd probably live in the OC instead of San Bernardino County, the meth-infested armpit of California. Fuck it, I'd take smoggy LA over this shithole any day of the week.

mate what's your problem

Yeah but back then unions and people in general weren't as corrupt.

>Things just ain't as good as they used to be, pardner. :DDDD

We're just shootin the breeze here, 007.

don't even get what your point was

Interestingly enough, West Virginia was the last state to newly introduce the Electric Chair as a method of execution, doing so in the 1940s, 50 years after it was invented.

He got it, but you didn't. That's your problem.

>Interestingly enough
>Oddly enough

INCOMING MIND_BLOWN.GIF

Oddly and interestingly enough, blowing your head up is bad for you.

You're all right.

i lived in NJ, NY and now Connecticut

Im thinking about moving to California soon.

Ive been there a couple times to visit friends and i loved it.

i know itll be a struggle making ends meet being that i only have a HS diploma but ill make it work.

Good luck