youtube.com/watch?v=v2Kj1IBLcgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uiR3rUCR0Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=W3JsuWz4xWc
youtube.com/watch?v=NiUEt0jvc6A
youtube.com/watch?v=OUSoSTaLRkI
youtube.com/watch?v=vJgX_630V-U
youtube.com/watch?v=orcP8fAFn7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Randy Rhoads hands down. Really nice technique and an amazing kinda classic and fast smooth legato style playing. Also a great composer.

Albert King

>because it wouldn't be patrician to say Stevie Ray Vaughan

Matt Pike cause he can play anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=UkDnSt3Zfi8

Hell yeah. Paul Gilberts shredding video is some of the most glorious shit I've ever downloaded. His signature guitar is cool as hell too

Gilbert is the patrician pick.

JUST

Yeah I love Gilbert too, he just seems like he's a really friendly and funny dude. Racer Xs first three were cool.

Good fucking pick, homie.

most guitarists couldn't even play a barre chord on one of his guitars

has science gone too far!?

Thomas Erak of Fall of Troy

I like guitarists that do a combination of fast licks, odd shapes, and jump quickly between heavy syncopated chords and alternate picking up the neck. I also like guitarist that don't rely on too much gain so that they don't have to play with as much balls. I love speed, but I hate sweep picking. The first Fall of Troy album was a treasure trove of all of the things I like about this style of guitar playing.

Too bad the sophomore album tanked and everything since then has been terrible. Doppelganger is still my favorite guitar album.

Fuck yes. All of their albums are great, not sure what you are talking about. Listen to them a few times, they'll grow on you. Especially manipulator. Thomas is amazing.

Listening to 'OK' and it seems like a return to form. The other albums seemed, I dunno, "emo" to me.

I know nothing about guitars, what's the deal with Mascis'?

He's an extremely proficient guitar player
having a high acton I'm not sure about the ins and outs of, but his knowledge on not only music theory in general, but guitar technicals (such as different effects and functionalities) is lightyears beyond most.
For a man who seems like he got a little /too/ high once, he's an undisputed genius

hearing the slightest buzz must throw him into a maniacal rage

the gap between the strings and frets is really fucking huge, making it more difficult to play notes

Matt Weed, from Rosetta, most underrated guitarist in my opinion. He has such a mastery of effects that he can make one guitar sound like three, using delay and split rigs to their full potential. His style is very clean and pretty, almost Edge-like, which brings a totally unique sound to the heavy music he's playing alongside.
youtube.com/watch?v=v2Kj1IBLcgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uiR3rUCR0Nc

lemmy from megadet

youtube.com/watch?v=W3JsuWz4xWc

Great songwriting
Not the most technical guitarist in the world but every note sounds fucking amazing

I just dig his sound. and Django, but that's obvious.

I thought Weird Al played accordion?

Mike Einziger from Incubus. Whether you think they're a crap band or not this guy's playing style and use of effects are brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=NiUEt0jvc6A
youtube.com/watch?v=OUSoSTaLRkI
youtube.com/watch?v=vJgX_630V-U

The dude outdoes everyone from a strictly academic and technical point of view and also in levels of originality and unorthodox experimentation

Will Swan; He can be cringy at times, but nobody can beat this dude's licks.

youtube.com/watch?v=orcP8fAFn7Q

Phil Lynott doesn't even play guitar

Wata is cute and a distortion god

Save for the industrial shit

Glenn Branca for the noise/experimentation/feedback/guitar effects/prepared guitar idk what to call all this.

Alf Svensson when he was in At The Gates for writing riffs that are both visceral and clever.

Django Reinhardt is my jazz pick. Technical but not a showboat, and a huge influence on the styles of the above two players.

Ahem

I'm with OP here. Marty is amazing and creative. I dont see how he can pick the way he does, though. Really uncomfortable for me