youtube.com/watch?v=i3Fs8XehXew#t=342
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

very much no

this was fucking jenny death: B sides

I think money store is most accessible.

this
Hacker is in a fucking videogame

No, either money store or exmilitary

Probably their least accessible in almost every way, family.

How come?

It feels very accessible to me. It's massively catchy, the weird elements don't take away from the groove.

Some tracks maybe, but hot head is the least accessible DG song.

inanimate sensation, why a bitch gotta lie, powers that b, centuries of damn, on gp > anything on bottomless pit
prove me wrong
protip:
>you cant

Really?

Houdini exists

You tried though

>but hot head is the least accessible DG song
nah, there's stuff on Gov't and NOTM that's less accessible

Are you daft? It's money store-tier accessible

Least accessible would probably be Fuck Me Out or the second half of Big Dipper. Or Bootleg.

youtube.com/watch?v=i3Fs8XehXew#t=342

Yup

That's what Death Grips do and are capable of doing.
They make very accessible and catchy inaccessible music.
BP is by far their most experimental record, yet it's their most catchy.
Death Grips take elements of popular music and make it their bitch.
They empower their listeners to by harnessing primal instincts and senses (sex, violence, rhythm, hatred)
The music makes you feel powerful and greater.
Probably why people marginalize their fanbase as skinny white kids, because they need the want that feeling and that empowerment that Death Grips bring them.
This what the musical part of Death Grips is about to me.

jesus this is why we make fun of DG fans here

>Le memes are best xD
Fuck off to reddit and do it then.

Holy fucking cringe.

>likes DG
>accuses me of being le reddit

lol

>Probably why people marginalize their fanbase as skinny white kids

kek. ah yes the most marginalized societal group.

oh dear

end it tonight

I think if they can make it past giving bad people good ideas and hot head anyone could dig the fuck out of BP

You're no better than redditors if you're this insecure about your musical taste that you have a subhumanistic impulse to act like a retard for validation.
Continue leaving, faggot.

>if I make fun of him, I'll be validated!
Cancer.

You can't see you're the redditor here?

You would know, wouldn't you?

Damn son

link?

BTFO

how is that cringe? is music in a game cringe to you?

reddit

You literally said nothing as to why BP is their most experimental as opposed to another one of their albums
Good job user

BP has tracks with SOME accessibility, but overall its barely teetering on it.

Sidenote: This is the third DG album i listened all the way through.

reddit

reddìt

reddít

reddît

user is implying any modicum of mainstream success immediately makes a band less important and you should be embarrassed that you ever liked that band that was a part of your "sooper secrit club"

Bad People
Hot Head
Spikes
Warping
Bubbles
Houdini
Three Bedrooms
Ring a Bell
Bottomless Pit

All very experimental and inaccessible on their own accord.

The most accessible (teetering) are Eh, Trash, BB Poisen and 80808. Not that I'm devaluing them. The songs are softer, easier to groove to.

fist 15 secs i take the album away
listened dat black and white album all the way
so you're wrong

>Bad People
>Spikes
>Warping
>Houdini
>THREE BEDROOMS
>Ring a Bell

All conventional Death Grips songs that are not experimental in terms of their own work

You're a retarded redditor like we thought you were

listing off songs still isn't explaining anything
that being said, the only ones on there that even approach being particularly inaccessible relative to their other stuff are Bad People, Hot Head (which they made more accessible for the final release) and Bottomless Pit, and even then only parts of Hot Head even get close to most of the stuff off NotM

What's your fucking problem?

Spikes, Bubbles, Houdini, Three Bedrooms and Ring a Bell all feel like solid, groovy bangers.
Accessible doesn't just mean soft.

If it's so easy to explain, explain how it's conventional please. I'd really like to learn.

It's punk as fuck. I love it.

ahahaahaha

You're an idiot who doesn't even know the music of a band he listens to

That's my problem

reddit

Nah. Def not. The only other song least accessible would probably be inanimate sensation.

see
you retard

>reddit
Keep saying this and you might eventually turn into a better human.

no, are you kidding?

h e l p

And yet you can't prove me wrong because you already embarrassed yourself in this thread

Giving an opinion still isn't explaining anything that being said... etc

That's still not an excuse for you to just expect us to agree that you're right without explanation, but okay
The majority of BP is basically just TMS 2.0, this time filtered through NLDWs abrasiveness and with some guitars in it occasionally. Structurally it's still poppy as fuck and barely does anything experimental instrumentally other than on a couple tracks, and that's a pretty far cry from NotM where at least half (if not more) of that album was a total earfuck. And no, it being abrasive does not make it experimental, and honestly they've done more abrasive stuff before anyway.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty understood that this was another Money Store except taking ideas from the albums they've done since and making them poppy and enjoyable as hell.

BP is just an expansion of the money store. It's easily their most poppy album and once again you're retarded or either your ears don't work

Not him but TMS is still poppier than BP
BP is their second poppiest album though, followed by ExMil

Maybe I'm just a faggot but I found BP easier to get into than TMS. It feels more rhythmically conventional, very clear verse chorus verse chorus on most songs.

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE TO MY THREAD ALL I WANTED TO KNOW WAS WHETHER THIS WAS A GOOD STARTING POINT NOW IT'S ALL REDDIT THIS PLEB THAT REEEEEEEEEEEEE LITERALLY EVERYONE SHUT UP RIGHT NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

has it "clicked" yet

I would say it's a fine starting point if you want to find catchy songs. I'd also recommend NLDW and Exmilitary as having a few very accessible songs.

Fashion week is their actual most accessible album. My girlfriend likes it.

it clicked on first listen m8, it's just addicting as fuck

>That's still not an excuse for you to just expect us to agree that you're right without explanation
This is exactly what you're doing only having an antithesis of my opinion, man.
Forget about because you don't really have an actual point your subjective argument.

Giving an opinion is still not explaining how it's conventional... etc.

You're just doing the same shit, expecting me to come up with an objective argument based on music. I'm bored of applying the same argument because you still don't really comprehend it.

Wait let me guess the buzzword before I leave... Is it reddit!

le album is le good

LISTEN TO ME

START WITH NOTM OR TMS

THEN WHEREVER

I can actually kinda see that, it definitely does follow a strict pop structure on most of the songs whereas TMS often plays around with it more and is a bit more linear, but I'd say that TMS is still 'hookier' and doesn't have the slight experimentation some tracks on BP do.
I'm not expecting you to somehow objectively prove your opinion you fucktard, I'm asking you to explain it instead of just listing tracks and somehow expecting us to infer what you think from them. Considering the supreme intelligence behind your use of le reddit strawman it probably wasn't even worth hearing anyway.

You're just arguing for the sake of it now I can't make you subjectively agree thats it poppy if you want to ignore everyone else who tell you it is

So keep thinking you're "objectively" right

I can't see how it's more accessible than TMS, , which had more conventionally paced beats, recognizeable rock samples and lyrics that were actually discernible to the average listener. I'd also say TMS and even NLDW are more accessible, BP sitting somewhere between that and NOTM

YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS

>Best
3 bedrooms in a good neighborhood
>Worst
>Underrated
Spikes
>Overrated
Eh
>Honorable mention
Bottomless pit

>Giving an opinion is still not explaining how it's conventional... etc.
Personal opinion, I don't feel as if BP is conventional because no Death Grips is but it has more elements that work for conventional tastes than their usual albums. The songs have easily recognized structure, massively enjoyable hooks and even the more abrasive sections have something to keep you engaged rather than throwing off western conventions and being a glitchy mess like their other albums often have.

fashion week & government plates are most accessible because it's just cool instrumental shit

exmilitary is second most accessible, it's just aggressive rap

the money store and bottomless pit are third most accessible, lots of catchy hooks & just ride talking trash for an hour

the powers that b and no love deep web are their least accessible because of the particularly strange sounds, the more disturbing themes, and you have NLDW's cover art and TPTB's lenght

people

this is reddit

What do you mean start with those
I've listened to all their albums m8
NotM > GP >>> JD >>> TMS > BP > NLDW >>> ExMil

>I can't see how it's more accessible than TMS
Meant to say ExM

what an embarrassing thread....yeesh friday night eh?

Thanks for the rundown pham

it's death grips most rhythmic album. There's a lot of groovy rhythm and steady beats, aside from Hot Head, which has heavy contrast and the rhythm is uneven and very much zach spaz shit. MC ride is very mellow and his flow is more deliberate, he rides the beats better than he ever has, not outpacing the beat with his typical spitfire shit. Overall it signals a departure from their frenetic style (even NOTM was glitch spazzy) and into smoother rhythms.

Ah my bad misunderstood you

But yes this their most accessible album despite the redditor trying to convince you otherwise

>Best
Spikes
>Worst
Giving bad people good ideas
>Underrated
BB Poison
>Overrated
Trash
>Honorable Mention
Ring a Bell

I wouldn't say it's their most accessible due to what I said in the first half of , but now that I think of it I think I might put it at 3rd most accessible behind Exmilitary. As another user correctly pointed out, it's far closer to a traditional rap album than any of their others.

I don't think they're going to stick with this style for long, it feels more like taking the ideas from everything they've made since TMS and making a new pop-styled banger album before going back to experimentation once more.

Def one of their most accessible albums next to money store in my opinion. If you gave Bottomless Pit to a normie they might find at least one track that they like. Niggas on the moon is probably their least accessible. Normies can't take it.

It's just my opinion but now that BP is out I would tell a new listener to start with either The Money Store or Bottomless Pit although I agree Exmilitary is very accessible

>explain it
You can't explain something like music, because it's subjective.

I didn't say I was objectively right. You're just saying that to make seem worse than what I am. My opinion is entirely subjective and so is yours. I just kindly agree that it's not an accessible album.

This guy.

NOTM > BP = GP > NLDW = ExMil > TMS > JD

>Best
Three Bedrooms in a Good Neighborhood
>Runner-up
Bottomless Pit
>Worst
Warping
>Overrated
Trash
>Underrated
Eh

>Best
3 bedrooms in a good neighborhood

>Worst
eh

>Underrated
houdini

>Overrated
ring a bell

>Honorable
giving bad people

for the love of god THIS

>Best
Bubbles Buried In This Jungle
>Worst
>Underrated
Giving Bad People Good Ideas
>Overrated
Hot Head
>Honorable Mention
Houdini

>Best
Three Bedrooms
>Worst
Bad People Good Ideas
>Underrated
Warping
>Overrated
Hot Head
>Honorable Mention
honestly this album's so close together in terms of overall quality that i feel bad calling any of them worst

>honestly this album's so close together in terms of overall quality that i feel bad calling any of them worst
My thoughts exactly.

best analysis itt besides departure from frenetic style. they're still plenty frenetic its just not in the foreground, not the focal point of the album. but for the most part its super restrained and they let the energy come out in explosive bursts, i see the most similarities to TMS in terms of comparisons to their discog but even then not too heavy on that.

Feels like a distilled NoTM.

I can hear a lot of all of their post-Money Store albums being put into a consistent, pop context. There's heavy guitars ala JD, but they're almost always edited to be plainly not a live recording and in some cases it's hard to tell if there's guitars or just odd synths. The glitchiness and odd patterns that identify their most experimental moments are there, but they're built into the pop formula rather than intentionally breaking the musical formula apart. It's a very cool album to listen to, you hear so much of what they've been working on in this context that I personally didn't expect to hear it in.
I could honestly see BP being the beginning of Death Grips getting noticed in the mainstream, though I don't think they're going to stick with this sound.

They just injected NOTM with synths. So i'd say it's about as accessible as that album

I was thinking about this other day. I think if it's more accessible it's because Ride doesn't scream as much (Eh, Trash). The beats are better than most of their albums too imo. Reminds me of No Love in a lot ways aside from a few tracks.

Well said.