How many listens did it take until you liked it?

How many listens did it take until you liked it?

never listened but I know it's trash

Yeah, I'm a patrician

this

t f
b a
h m

I listened to it after I was already into no-wave and The Residents, so it didn't seem that shocking tbqh

it was like Nevermind and Cannibal Corpse, it took a while

Nevermind made no sense what so ever when I first heard it

I'm a beefheart fan and I never liked it.

Just one

Quadz

3 listens

I saw the light very quickly

its shit

stop being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian

3-4 full listens, I would occasionally play random songs though because I thought they were funny. Then it clicked and I was like "Damn, this is actually really good"

same.

Listens until I thought it was one of the best recordings EVER? Four.

1. I like the chaos and noise but hate the blues, which is 90% of the songs

probs like 4 or 5. moonlight in vermont was the hook

my dad played this album and Frank Zappa in since i was a child. it didn't take long to understand or get it. I've had conversations with my father on its influence in popular music and its influences when it was made. which helped him bridge the gap between that generation of music and later ones. sit also helped him get more interested in art music as he grew up in a poorer area where you'd be made fun of for listening to classical music

why do i feel like these posts are made by a latin american dude

I bet he's argentinian desu

or Chilean

those motherfuckers love anime

I bet you think you're hot shit don't you boy?

on my first play i laughed the entire way through

1st listen I hated it
2nd listen I gave it another chance and liked it
3rd listen I really liked it.

but its actually shit
not in a "i dont get it" way but its boring and overhyped

2 or 3. and now it's my favorite album

2. I liked it first time through, but didn't really understand what was going on. Second time I was paying more attention and it made me enjoy it more.

This is such a unique album because the way it's structured almost makes it like a puzzle you have to put together. Not something to listen for everyday but certainly nice every so often.

Oh and 5 times maybe 6

how could anyone not immediately love that groove on pachuco cadaver?

bien ahí, papá

The instant I heard the start of Frownland I had a gigantic smile on my face

Just one.

I checked this album out back in high school after reading All Music's review on Gorguts' Obscura. The review ends with a line like "this album has more in common with Trout Mask Replica than it does the latest Cannibal Corpse album." It made me wanna check it out.

I think that if I didn't check out Gorguts first it may have taken more listens since it took me like 4-5 listens of Obscura to finally get it, but yeah by that time Obscura already kinda helped me get over the "tough listen" barrier.

As a result TMR and Obscura are probably the two big albums in my life that really changed my perception of music big time.

I still don't like it. I have to agree with Fantano on the album.

this

That's totally ok as long as you respect other people liking it.

I'm sure you're good at that :-)

Until I liked it? 2. Until I got it? Still waiting on that.

This. It took a few more to understand it though.
The songs are actually about things, kind of, and the drums are killer.

Not surprising considering your favorite bands play bland and derivative pop rock

tfbahm?

sorry to say this but i am simply inebriated at the movement. my father is a Latin American so maybe your assumptions are not entirely incorrect.