/pcbg/ - PC Building General

News: Ryzen APUs will release on Feb. 12. The 2200G (99USD) and 2400G (169USD) are similar to the R3 1300X and R5 1500X respectively in cores/threads+clockspeed, but they have integrated graphics. The 2200G has 8 Vega CUs and the 2400G has 11 CUs, so they're in the same performance tier as the RX 550 (8CUs) or GT 1030.

=====

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 1600)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 3GB, $200; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 4GB, $200
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/KWt7YT
pcpartpicker.com/list/JYkv8K
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1060/
techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160298&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12087162&PID=8167422&SID=jdejht364b0035wt05278&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-VigLink2
youtube.com/watch?v=k2TzgRgdkHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is a good case for my desk?

does my desk have potential to be a battlestation

inb4 ethoo

ok- so how does the 2400g compare to the r5 1600? its cheaper and does more...?

No. Use your brain. The 1500X is 4c/8t, as is the 2400G, while the 1600 is 6c/12t. However anyone considering the R3s or the 4c/8t R5s should get the APUs.

Does anyone know where to grab a good iso of win 7 sp1 x64? I was thinking Craigslist for a cheap ass laptop but wanted to hear from you guys first.

>AMD poozen

pcpartpicker.com/list/KWt7YT

chan optimized. howd he do boys

>poozen
Say goodbye to your gayms

why. what dis mean bicht. xplain

Anons anyone able to help out? Some other Anons helped me a few threads back with setting up a workspace/gaming pc for 1400ish dollars ( pcpartpicker.com/list/JYkv8K ). What can/should I upgrade if I wanted to increase the budget to, say, 1500-1600?

Poozen lose to Intel in every gaming bench. Multicore is for workstation not gaming.

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1060/

useful tool for checking what is available. its how i got my gtx 1060 yesterday at a reasonable

for how much?

It means that he's either Intelshill or retarded and you shouldn't listen to him.

Need to start saving for a new rig, my i5 3570K isn't cutting it even just gaming and I want to stream.

A lot of people say Ryzen for streaming n gaymin but will I be loosing a lot of frames and power in games without Intel?

Should I also wait for the new Ryzen chips at this point?

hehehe thanks

>will I be loosing a lot of frames and power in games without Intel?
No. The difference is pretty negligible for the most part.

289(before the fag tax) for a 6gb version. had a 70 dollar coupon so it ended up being 245.

nice dude! thats a great price right now

ok so whats the difference b/t the graphics cards? founders edition vs. dual 3gb cards.. they all say 1060... any help?

i think it has mostly to do with things like the style of fans, weather it comes oced out the box, and relatively minor things like that. 1060 A might have a louder fan than 1060 B, but cost less. At the end of the day a 1060 is a 1060.

Don't listen to the shills man.

>i5 3570K
your cpu is perfectly find what shit are you talking about. Unless your using a gpu more powerful than a 1060 then you'll need to upgrade. Don't fall for the upgrade meme. That's just Intel/Nvidia/AMD marketing getting to you.
>Woooo you need this lamborgini to fly at 1000mph on a 80mph road.

>glass counter top
>minimal depth to table
>right by the window
Your still living in your moms house right?>techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/
microsoft give them out for free.

founders edition usually cost more but in this climate who knows.
Anything that isn't founders edtion is always set to a higher clock than founders and the fans tend to always be better.
My personal opinion founders edition is never worth it.

I want a pc to make 3d models. The software requires atleast 8GBs of VRAM. Is it enough to buy a GTX 1070 or should I go for GTX 1080? Both have 8GB of VRAM

/
what brand? 6gb? do u lub it?

>my i5 3570K isn't cutting it
Dude I have a g4560 and I don't have any problems with current games.

Other thread seems dead so I'll post it here as well:
I'm trying to upgrade my shit but pc doesn't like my new graphics card.
I tried everything. Updated bios, removed battery on MB, tried different psu and what not. Mb:intel dp55wb, latest bios
Current graphics card is gts 250 I'm trying to install a r7 250x. It starts for 10 seconds I hear the hdd spin for 1 second and then no signal. I fucked around in the bios and now it shows the Intel logo on screen and then shows a black screen with a 0 in one corner. Ideas?

so when you plug the old one back in it works perfectly?

Have you already checked to make sure you don't need a Quadro? VRAM aside the 1080 has more CUDA cores.

My frames dip below 144 in CSGO and I have a 144hz monitor so that's what's bugging me and making me want to upgrade. And streaming is not possible at all.

Do I have something setup wrong? It's OC'd but maybe I did it wrong? Idk

I have a 1070 also.

oy

don't tell me you actually play csgo on high settings instead of all low

It does, yes

Nope, everything as low as possible except shadows even done console commands to get rid of the character models facial animations and shit and I still dip below 144 frames pretty often and am usually at 150-180.

how old is your r7 250x. Best thing to do is teat it on another computer rather then waste your time with a possibly broken gpu

Plug the old GPU in then uninstall the old driver then the install the new one. If still not work your new GPU could be DOA.

I don't know about that but when I said your i5 was okay I wasn't expecting 144hz.
>I have a 1070 also.
Yeah like I said the bottleneck starts at the 1060. Considering the big difference in 1060 and 1070s performance your probably facing a big bottleneck. Time to upgrade.
I say Ryzen cause I'm an amd shill and that intell framerate shit is retarded. But if you want 1000fps on cs:go then sell your soul to the devil and get an intel.
As the other guy said the difference is negligible as the gpu does all the work. Your cpu just need to keep up. Which the ryzen 1600 will do perfectly well and even last for your next big gpu upgrade(since the development will be stagnant for a few years since nvidia is still dominating, not that there is a need in gaming for better gpus)

Will there be an 8core + iGPU apu?

It works flawless in my dad's pc. It's a lot newer than mine.
How do I uninstall nvidia drivers? And even if there are nvidia drivers shouldn't the AMD card get past bios screen anyways?

>How do I uninstall nvidia drivers?
go to device manager and look under display
maybe your mobo is retarded

Is it possible that this is some kind of compatability issue? The mobo is 5-6 years older than the gpu

I doubt it. My cpu and mobo is 5 years old and I threw a gtx1060 in it. Did you try uninstalling the drivers though?
But you can get into bios so the card is certainly working and so is everything else. It has to be software(i.e. drivers)

>No 1700/RX 580 variant
why bother

My current PC has an i7 4790k/GTX 970, do you guys think it'd be worth to build another one if I'm still gayming on 1080p/144hz ?
If it's still "fine", what could I upgrade for a simple performance boost ?

Is gtx1060 enough to game on a 27'' 1440p 60Hz monitor? Atleast medium high settings on AAA games. Which card would be the minimum?

would sell everything exept the gpu and change to ryzen

Would Ryzen really be a better performer though ? Last I checked they weren't very good in gaymes.

>Last I checked they weren't very good in gaymes.
double check that. Everything's more than playable. A Ryzen 5 1600 can handle 120 fps gaming in most cases. Ryzen is a jack of all trades with all the CPU resources it has. The R5 1500X is actually on par with the i7 you have now.

Google ddu and use that to uninstall your old drivers.

>RX 580
because it cost more than a rig

>Atleast medium high settings on AAA games
it would be fine. Check youtube if you don't believe. Though your wasting your money cause you'll probably be playing on low settings in 2-3 years, note probably as graphics are pretty high enough now. and like with mirrors edge's new HYPER settings. They're practically trying to get game devs to sell more expensive cards with diminishing returns.

It's possible that his motherboard needs a BIOS update to support the newer card. It could also be an older prebuilt which might not support it at all, I know some of the pre-UEFI Dells won't work with newer AMD cards for instance.

>Google ddu and use that to uninstall your old drivers.
your replying to the wrong guy. I'm helping himanyways why must he use a useless piece of software which takes more time than it would to uninstall yourself?

>I know some of the pre-UEFI Dells won't work with newer AMD cards for instance
good job amd. anyways he said his bios was up to date

I double checked and I can't really see what Ryzen do better than my current 4790k.
It fairs better in multi-threaded applications, but that's not really my concern, if it gets me the same FPS in games I don't really see the point. They seem like great budget options which is very nice though.

If this existed AMD would destroy intel market share.

Non inflated RX 580 price because multi-cpu mining rigs are not a thing.

I would cash in my 1700 and my 1060 6GB for this.

> 2-4 months before I can expect to buy a GPU because refuse to buy Pascal

who >waiting here?

Your i7 isn't obsolete for gaming and Ryzen isn't bad at it. Newer i7's would only give you incremental changes that aren't worth it. Honestly, if you're going to upgrade the platform, you should go Ryzen for the CPU resources and the multi-threading performance while keeping near identical gaming performance. Intel has been stagnating since Sandy Bridge. Ryzen offers Intel Broadwell-E performance at affordable prices.

You're delusional. RX580 runs hotter and is more power hungry than 1060, and is basically an entry point GPU at this point. When Volta/Ampere is released it'll be 1050 tier.

how's that Nvidia dildo, shill

Refute anything that I've said. Go on.

I agree that Intel seems to have been slacking off in the last years.
I'm wondering then, what would be the best Ryzen CPU to go for ?
Would they bottleneck higher-end GPUs like the 1080 Ti ?
If I were to change I'd like to have something that can at least perform 1:1 to my 4790k in games, and if Ryzen's multi-threaded power means that I can stream with less drops, I'd go for it right away.

This look alright for a 2k monitor? Reviews seem to be positive, and I don't see any red flags. About to pull the trigger on it.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160298&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12087162&PID=8167422&SID=jdejht364b0035wt05278&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-VigLink2

where can i find a used z77 board that supports SLI? my board finally died on me and ebay's kinda pricey so far
being stuck in Canada with no parts sucks
i was going to upgrade to ryzen but i just don't see the point compared to an oc'd 3770k

So, my entire build arrived except for my ram which won't be here until Monday. My heatsink is an NH d15 which means I can't install it until my ram is in place, can I go ahead with the rest of the build or should I wait and start with heatsink?

>>right by the window
>Your still living in your moms house right?
how the

Don't get the FE unless you are looking to install a custom cooler and OC.

I'm currently looking at some cases since my 100r desperately needs to replaced. I'm set on the NZXT S340 and as far as I can see there's no downside except for the lack of a CD drive slot. Is there anything wrong with this case that I'm not seeing? The price seems very good for what's being shown but for all I know there's some secret jewery going on and I have seen some people shit on NZXT before but can't remember what they exactly shat on.

Check the software product's website and see if it has any Quadro optimization.

The best Value for you would be one of 2 CPUs. The Ryzen 5 1600 (6 cores, 12 threads) or the Ryzen 7 1700 (8 cores, 16 threads)

The 580 outperforms the 1060 6GB in 90% of games.
1050 my ass.
youtube.com/watch?v=k2TzgRgdkHg

Intel is always the better choice for gaming.

relax dude. I know your excited but theres other shit you can do
Only incosiderate parents could make such poor decisions.
>laptop

Are your components high spec? I have a like $30 case(don't know thee price but it's the cheapest I could get) and have never had a problems save for heat from my new 1060 because i'm to lazy to get fans.

I need help witch choosing an aftermarket cooler since my temps on my i5 2500 while idling are reaching 50-60 C and it goes to 100 C at full load.

I need some that is available at a store right now, I have a choice between (from least to most expensive, but the only big difference is from the first 3 to the rest)

>COOLERMASTER Hyper TX3 EVO
>COOLERMASTER Hyper 103
>ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 33
>ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 33 CO
>ARCTIC COOLING Freezer i32 Plus
>ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 13 Limited Edition
>ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 13 Limited Edition (this one is the only one on a discount rn)

Or otherwise, is 212 that much better than these ones that I should order it online?

>those thermals
>that power consumption
>those diminishing returns

last one should be
>ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 33 eSports Edition

They're like higher mid-end.
Ryzen 7 1700
16 gb 3200mhz ram
rx 480 8gb

The S340 is only 40$ right now locally.

still faster.
stay mad

Grab the Arctic Freezer 33 esports edition

I've heard good things about the standard version Freezer 33

I just want to say I appreciate all the anons on /sqt/ and /pcbg/ who offer tech support, spoonfeeding, insight and answers. I don't know if you do it out of altruistic reasons, but somehow you're always here and I hope you have a comfy rest of your day.

Any noticeable improvements over the standard version, besides the aesthetics? Does it come with a better fan or something?

Update to Coffee Lake, goy.

It has one more fan as far as I know. Would that warrant a 8€ price increase?

you did not refute anything that I've said, retard. try and refute
> that it's much less efficient than 1060 with almost equivalent performance
> that 1060, 580 are now entry level GPUs, not mid-tier
> that when a new nVidia generation comes out, the new "50" card is at least as strong as last gen's "60" card. in other words RX580 will be 1150 tier.

np goy thanks for buying the product I shillled;)

your welcome bloody basterd thanks for doing the needful;) now you excuse me I have to poo

the performance of the 580 is not equal. It's better. stay mad.

not that guy, but I sure hope Nvidia raises the vram on the 1150s since they're already using HBM2 on volta. 6GB for a ti would be nice. Then i can game on ultra 1080p

the gpu will limit you in 99% of the times, i have an 4770 and will switch if i see a good deal - performance will be slightly better and you have a newer plattform,ddr4 , no meltdown

on the other hand you will probably have enough power for the next 4-5 years with the i7

I have a 1700, im going to jump to the zen 2 if my motherboard supports it next yearish if nothing fucks up with the fabbing process

Well, I might just wait for the next generation too. I'll just push the OC on my i7 in the meantime and buy whenever RAM and GPUs will finally calm down.

zen on its own won't push games to higher peak fps then intel, however .1% low amd is generally ahead, and I would say that matters FAR more than overall average.

amd on 7nm will be amd having a process advantage as well as an architectural advantage over intel, If you are on an i7, I would say wait regardless of what i7 it is, why buy today a motherboard that may not be supported with the next line as support will be 100% up to manufacturer's as amd has stated they will support the socket till ddr5 is viable.

I only went to am4 because I was on a phenom II 955 and it was lagging so far behind in many things I wanted to do and it wasn't an issue clocking higher would have fixed.

What's with the incompatible parts on pcbg' pcpartpicker list?