The ABSOLUTE state of Windows

The ABSOLUTE state of Windows

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/how-disable-image-compression-desktop-wallpapers-windows-10
winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-wallpaper-jpeg-quality-reduction-in-windows-10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know the last time I saw my wallpaper, why would I? That means I'm not busy doing something more important than staring a random picture that shipped default with my os

Swell thread, freetard.

You must be blind or just dumb not to notice.

Convert your image to PNG before setting it as the wallpaper and Windows won't compress it. Ez pz

either do this or there's a simple registry entry you can add which stops the compression

I have 3 monitors and I never look at my wallpaper, there's literally always something more interesting to be spending my time doing, and going to your desktop to start programs via the icons is a waste of time

People still use jpg? 2018?

>not having a simple solid color background
>you can make it high quality
literally nothing

Of course, both formats have their uses.

Ah, the worst nightmare for every single proud and "productive" Unix-like user - issues when ricing their fucking desktop.
Also, works fine on my machine.

Windows is pretty based considering how customizable it is.
The problem is that you have to find all those undocumented tricks.

Doesn't work, Windows just changes it to jpg. In Windows 7 you used to be able to open a png in Firefox and right click->set background to get 100% quality. In Windows 10 that just converts it to jpg. Even with the registry hacks that used to stop compression now they just give better quality jpg. Best thing I've found is to start with a high quality jpg and set the compression ratio in the registry to as high quality as it allws.

Something tells me you have no idea what you're talking about.

>let's waste memory by keeping a high resolution image loaded constantly

>2007+10
>Bothering about memory usage
RAMlet detected

Yeah I had this with Windows 7 many years ago. Had to use save it as BMP.

Windows 10: just save your wallpapers as png
Windows 7: save them as high quality jpgs to avoid overcompression

How's the relative state?

>using real photos as wallpapers

>Still doesn't get what year it is after 924 hours

Why not?

I can think of worse problems, like the fucking travesty that is the Settings / Control Panel mess in 10.

Looks fugly desu

You haven't an ounce of taste.

>horizontal taskbar

>either do this or there's a simple registry entry you can add which stops the compression
and yet you guys moan about having to type in a command in the terminal on linux

I use a black background, because I am not a ricing manchild.

>he bought into the ultra wide meme

my windows is only failing because i choose to let it do so.

Windows 7 doesn't have this problem. It's a Win8+ problem only.

Ahh yes, what would I do with my 867kb of image data being constantly loaded on my 8GB of ram?

I love it.

Ah, the macfag defense "I don't need it anyway"

This is something i also noticed few years ago, but i instantly stopped caring about it because if you spend more than 2 seconds on your desktop
then you're a dumb brainlet.

Yeah user we see how busy you are doing important things.

I see you don't suffer from autism.

>compressing a wallpaper
For what purpose?

>not using solid color black

>you dont need this feature because I say so!!

>Wallpapers
Solid color or GTFO

Something tells me you're blind or you just haven't used Windows.

This is only on jpg files, and by 5%.
I advise sage

Actually on Win10 is for all file formats. And it's a lot more than 5%. By default it converts to jpg q=85. At most you can set it to 100, but it's stil jpg.

To save memories.

I'd love you saved a dump on me daddy

ricers BTFO

Ah, the worst nightmare for every single proud and "productive" Unix-like user - issues when ricing their fucking desktop.
My sides

>This enrages the desktop thread autists

>google ide
>google chrome
>skype
>windows
Fucking weeb enjoy your botnet.

>caring about your desktop background

I refuse to believe that ricers are over 18

This is only an issue if you're using a wallpaper that's not the exact same size as your monitor resolution, right?

This is perfect for testing at 1080

something tells me you should go back to redd1t

that's linux users with games

What's that icon of Windows with a magnifying glass over it on your taskbar?

Fuckket, lets REAL WORLD TEST this shit.

Go back.

Everything

Right, so this is base image I'm going to test.
It has an SHA-1 of 9d7ca07947ace90a0138c49362ee3bc800c5df26

I'm going to place it in the centre of a 2560x1440 white image, which will follow this post, then use photoshop to cut it back to 1280x720 (the base image) to ensure the SHA-1 stays the same (since if it doesn't, the rest of my test methodolgy is bunk)

i do this too. it's the only logical choice for monitors that have more horizontal space than vertical space. especially considering the way human beings prefer to break up lines of text.

This is the fullsize image

>wintards actually defende this

>not using solid neon green
If your retinas don't burn every time your desktop pops up in view then you're doing it wrong.

Apprently the iamges are now all marked as embeeded archivee (there isn't any) and my posts as spam.
Good work shit for brains janitors.

Right so my conclusion so far is that by default, windows backgrounds are NOT bitperfect (check SHA-1 on vs )
Now we test if the tweaks work or not.

conclucion: windows is a pile of shit
there, I saved you the trouble

That's hearsay until proof is rendered (which is now, in this post)

I did the tweak, as per the following sites (both had the same method)
windowscentral.com/how-disable-image-compression-desktop-wallpapers-windows-10
winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-wallpaper-jpeg-quality-reduction-in-windows-10/
Interestingly, the windowsCentral site mentions that PNG's aren't compressed in Windows 10, which we already know is factually inaccurate.
I set the quality to 100 then rebooted.
I then changed the wallpaper several times, to completely unrealted images - just to *ensure* the image would be compressed fresh (if compressed at all) by windows.

The final cropped image has an SHA-1 on 9d7ca07947ace90a0138c49362ee3bc800c5df26 (can't post it, it's bit perfect to )

So, turns out the quality setting does work (not sure if compressing to JPG - but if it is, at 100% quality, it's bit perfect) and can produce a bit perfect result.
But it won't by default.

I was actually surprised, I didn't expect that it would ever produce a bit perfect result, but apparently it does.

what is it like being you?what kind of upbringing led to this?to make into your life goal to tell others what operating system or software they should use just because thats your preference?you are a pathetic faggot you can go kill yourself with your loonixfaggotry.cultists like you are the reason why i hate ganoo lincucks.

We're here to help you, but you woun't listen. Instead you try to find excuses for not freeing yourself and defend the ones that oppress you. Pretty much Stockholm syndrome here.

trying to help me?trying to tell me to use an operating system where 95% of the software i use doesn not work just because of your ideological bullshit is trying to help me?telling me to give my work away for free and live under a bridge just because of your ideological bullshit is trying to help me?harassing and annyoing people on forums(and probably the people around you irl) that they are not using free software is trying to help them.let me present you with an idea:what if?what if someone doesnt give a single shit about free software?what if,someone doesnt want to give their life's work away for free?what if,someone just wants shit to work out of the box because they have more meaningful shit to do in life than fixing your computer because the yum packages broke the x windowing system again.fuck you,fuck richard stallman and fuck all the other unhygienic,obsessed freefaggots.

> freeing yourself
> there's people who really believe in this shit

Why would I want to use wallpaper?

on linux it is hard to change a wallpaper, I need to go through 3 stackoverflow threads and two 10yo forum threads to figure it out.
I'll stick to Windows mastarrace, thank you Satya.

>not having thousands of jpegs of your waifu on shuffle
>none of them even match your screen resolution or aspect ratio

You need to download the PNG before setting it as your wallpaper. That only happens when you try to do it from within a browser.

How are we being oppressed at all if we chose to use a particular OS and can choose to use another at any given time? This is nonsense, I've used Linux distros and Windows since the 95 version (never had a Mac) and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Begging or forcing people to use a piece of software for the sake of following an utopic philosophy is the real oppression.

Of course we cannot have good things.

Gay thread

>dicking around on computer one day
>it crashes to desktop and freezes fpr a bit
>manage to log out and log back in
desktop wallpaper which was the default windows 10 one wasn't on there
>instead it was just a black wallpaper, essentially no wallpaper
I am actually liking having no wallpaper

you have to use regedit to get rid of it

>not using the wallpaper engine botnet to power moving wallpapers

This is a good thread where I learned something new and an user did good work. Fuck you fags shitting up threads like these.

Linux isn't meant to set a wallpaper, retard.