Is Freesync AMD worth it over Nvidia?

My choice of a GPU has narrowed down to a 580 8gb or a 1080 6GB. Is Freesync worth getting the AMD graphics card over the Nvidia one? Spec wise they're pretty much the same as well as price wise. I'm also getting an 1600x CPU and a B350 plus Motherboard if that affects Freesync?

freesync is worth it over gsync simply due to the fact that gsync monitors cost a hefty extra
it's not an issue if you're already buying a high-end machine, but in your case, you can save a bit

>580 8gb or a 1080 6GB.

In what universe are these comparable, you meant a 1060, right?

a-sync is always worth it

doesn't matter if AMD or Nvidia

Both are literal memes. I can't feel the difference between freesync off and on.
t. have rx580 8gb and a VA 144hz freesync panel

enjoy your ghosting poorfag

You aren't supposed to see a difference...

I should, though. But I'm not seeing it

FreeSync is open. nVidia could make a proper implementation but they refuse.

Gsync is proprietary and Gsync screens carry a hefty premium. So if you choose GeForce, you have no choice, you must pay extra, and it's a tad expensive for no reason. GSync isn't any better than FreeSync.

It works wonders. V-Sync off. Set FPS limiter to 144 FPS.
Anything between 35-144 FPS works without any tearing. Anything over 60 FPS feels as smooth as butter.

> (OP) (You)
8gb or a 1080 6GB.
>In what universe are these comparable, you meant a 1060, right?

Yeah I meant a 1060 my bad. Thanks for the advice guys. In that case I'll go with the 580 8GB then. Freesync monitors 27" go for about £200 whereas Gsynch is around £350.

Hello Ryan Shrout :^)

No you shouldn't. the only difference to regular vsync is latency.

It's worth it if you the right monitor support for Freesync.
>Freesync TVs WHEN
Plus the RX 580 8GB IMO is better than the 1060 6GB overall as well.
If this was between a 1050ti and an RX 560 at the same price, then I would go for the 1050ti due to its substantial difference in terms of higher performance.

Freesync besides smoothing our your screen also gives you more frames because normal V-sync which is software emulated is costly on your hardware.

>TV's when
I know right?
I don't know why we aren't seeing 4k Oled Freesync TVs...

The technology is royalty free...

then again 1060 is almost 2x cheaper now.

Sup Forumssync is literally named after this place. Go with it

No they're not, you're just fucking stupid.
Turn off vsync, set it to 144, then go purposely get frames well below your cap and watch what happens. Now do the same with vsync and watch what happens.
Fucking idiots I swear

It's more likely that TV implement A-Sync over HDMI

is freesync worth it if i dont have freesync or gsync?