His country puts butter and eggs in the fridge

>his country puts butter and eggs in the fridge

Other urls found in this thread:

thepigsite.com/articles/2969/baseline-survey-on-prevalence-of-salmonella-on-eu-farms-with-breeding-pigs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>butter
The sticks I'm not using go in the freezer. No point leaving them out for however long it takes to use up the opened one.

>eggs
What the hell else would you do with them? Just buy eggs every couple days? That shit doesn't keep.

>eggs dont keep
>American culinary education

>butter
Yes
>eggs
Nah

>>butter
>yes
How do you spread it?

What do you guys spread butter with in the UK? What with butter knives being dangerous murder weapons and all

We ask allah to make the butter spread itself

user, I've left eggs out by mistake before, and in all cases they started to smell by the third day. Sooner if it's been warm out.

I don't know how eggs are processed in bongland, but here they're irradiated before packaging to make sure they aren't carrying salmonella. Whatever sort of natural immune system they had that'd keep them from spoiling while under the hen's ass dies in the process.

>his country blasts their eggs with radiation
Oh jesus it just keeps getting worse

Do british people like to eat rancid butter?

wew

Butter wont go off for weeks if you keep it in a cupboard

>3rd world countries like the UK don't practice basic hygienic procedures

Pop it in the microwave for about five seconds. Goes straight from hard as a rock to soft as cheese. Eight seconds and it's molten enough to pour, which is great for biscuits. Just poke a hole in with your knife, pour some melted butter in, and let it spread all through the center on its own. Keeps the whole thing hot, too.

There's also imitation butter spread, but I'm not a big fan of that. The taste of the real thing is worth a little extra effort.

>pussy yanks are afraid of eggs

You can get all-natural/organic eggs that haven't been treated like that, it's just more expensive and not all stores carry them.

It's not like we're dunking them in nuclear waste or something. It's pretty much just a souped-up UV lamp.

Salted butter keeps just fine at room temperature.

>natural eggs are more expensive than irradiated ones
How is this possible?

It's a common practice in the United States to disinfect chickens in chlorine baths.

>mom buys a butter container and sticks it in the fridge
>mom complains butter is too hard to spread
>she just uses one of those spreading "butters" and uses that instead
>tell actually with the container she can just put a salted butter out and let it sit at room temperature, and it won't go bad due to the salt and having its own container
>"Ew user that's gross"
>she continues to eat the butter mixed with oil injected with tons of chemicals

That's just how it goes sometimes. Everything's going fine until one farm fucks up and a hundred people or so get salmonella. Then people make a big deal about it and yell at the FDA until they do something to make them feel like they made a difference.

Part of the problem is that the US is so big. In the UK, you can get your eggs from farm to store by truck in an hour or two. In the US, they could be in transit for as long as a day and a half before they even reach the shelf. Then they might sit there for a day until they're bought, and in the end your freshly-bought eggs are already three days old, so there's that much less time until they spoil.

Keeping them cold works better for transportation.

>How is this possible?
Because they aren't mass produced

Stop being such a fucking autist

they last for 3+ weeks out of the fridge here.

>an extra process is used on the same egg

>hurr durr they have to be from different farms than mass produced eggs
>ah ur autist!

You know just cooking the eggs kills the salmonella?
>irradiated eggs are somehow different from natural eggs before their irradiated
Explain this
You're paying more for something that gets less treatment and time towards it.
It makes no sense

Because you don't process them the same way we do

They're from the "humane" farms so the output is far lower

>blasting gamma rays into an egg before it's sold somehow makes the whole ''process'' change
i don't know why i try.

His country puts poo in loo

>makes the whole ''process'' change
Literally not what I'm saying

Fuck off ladm8

The irradiated ones come from factory farms that keep a hundred thousand chickens in tiny cages dosed up with hormones that set egg production into overdrive and fed subsidized corn meal through a tube, and once the bird's worn ragged from the conditions and stops laying they throw it into a grinder, press the resulting slurry into a mold, dust it in breadcrumbs, and sell it at McDonald's. Net cost of an individual egg is under a nickel.

Natural eggs come from chickens that can walk around and just do what chickens chickens do. Each bird produces fewer eggs, they eat actual food, and they need more space to live in. Net cost per egg is around 15¢.
Then they need to ship it quicker since it isn't soaked in preservatives, and as far as the store's concerned anything that says "organic" on the box ought to cost half again as much, because "muh environment" yuppies will buy it anyway.

Lost

>Go to the UK
>Contract salmonella altering eating it's dirty excuse for 'food'
>NHS tells me they'll treat me in 1000 years (GSTQ)
>Escape over the channel to find refuge in France
>Land in Calais
>Get beheaded

>You know just cooking the eggs kills the salmonella?

I like eating cookie dough, tho

You can buy/make cookie dough without egg in it

>put eggs in frying pan for 0.2 nano seconds
>don't get salmonella

IT'S NOT THE SAME and you can't bake them afterwards.

Sneak a little bit of the dough and then bake them

Or
>eat a raw egg
>don't get salmonella because this isnt a 3rd world shithole and im not a 97 year old leukemia patient with no immune system

>You know just cooking the eggs kills the salmonella?
It's much easier to prove that there's bacteria in the eggs than it is to prove that the customer undercooked them, so even if the bacteria would have been killed by proper cooking, the farm's the one who's going to be held liable if somebody gets sick.

Tge only way they can shift the liability back onto the consumer is if they ensure there are no bacteria in their eggs at all, and therefore the error MUST have been on the other side.

>you have to have a weakened immune system to get salmonella
>britshit education

He's not entirely wrong desu. With just about any foodborne illness, you need either a weakened immune system or diluted stomach acid for an infection to take root. If you just crack a raw egg right down your throat, your stomach acid is going to destroy any bacteria there might be in the egg anyway, unless the egg is WAY off, in which case you'll just vomit.

You do, maybe if yanks didn't eat toxic waste day and day out you'd have an actual immune system
Plus our chickens are vaccinated here, there's virtually no risk of salmonella

Yes
Yes
Why not.

eggs no
butter yes.

You sick bastard

>there's virtually no risk of salmonella

>no source
>image quality makes the 90s look high def
You sure convinced me

thepigsite.com/articles/2969/baseline-survey-on-prevalence-of-salmonella-on-eu-farms-with-breeding-pigs/

>breeding pigs
Didnt know pigs LAID FUCKING EGGS YOU STUPID FUCKING YANK

If I didnt the butter would melt and t he eggs would boil

This is understandable

yanks on suicide watch
>a-american pigs lay eggs! haha uropoors

I put my ketchup and mustard in the fridge.
Come at me.

>sticks
wtf?

>his doesn't

This is evidence that leaving the UK was the right move

?

>even american sticks are obese

Those blocks are just sticks from the point of view of fat americans.

Kek

Im answering your ignorant as fuck comment about salmonella.

Come down autist

>Butter
Fridge. I love thin slices of cold butter over the hot bread.

>Eggs
Fridge too. I'm clumsy and I live with a clumsy person.

>our chickens are vaccinated against salmonella
>posts a study about breeding pigs
Yanks are the thickest cunts on this board

My fridge has a tray for eggs...
That's why i put them there. Did they lie to me again?

How can you keep butter out of the fridge what the fuck is wrong with you I keep eggs and butter in the fridge.

pic related

>he fell for the refrigerated Jew

But? But?
Why is it there?
THEY FUCKING LIED TO ME AGAIN

Eggs being refrigerated has nothing to do with whether or not they underwent irradiation.
If eggs have been refrigerated at any point they need to then maintain that temperatute or the will begin to grow bacteria rapidly.

Eggs in America are shipprd in a refrigerated transport and sold in a refrigerated dairy cooler, therefore they have to be refrigerated at home.

On the subject, pic related are placed in the refrigerator to hide them from police raids, where posession can incur a $2,500 fine

>t. knower

I thought those were for chilling whiskey stones

Once again Canadians prove themselves to be the best posters on Sup Forums

Whoops I spoke too soon

lol wat?

This is a great idea!
Canada always knows how to do things.

>On the subject, pic related are placed in the refrigerator to hide them from police raids, where posession can incur a $2,500 fine

ah yes lawsuits, the true american pasttime

>He doesn't know that the protein in dairy products is denatured when they're left out in the warm

>northern Europe
>warm

>Oceanic climate
>Cold

I don't think many people eat butter for the protein and any egg proteins that will become denatured at room temperature, were going to unravel while being cooked anyway.

>salted butter
what?

Almost all butter is automatically in the U.S. If it's not it will be labeled as unsalted butter or sometimes European style butter

>super premium

And you don't? No wonder your cuisine is so peculiar.

>Almost all butter is automatically

Nah, they always do both in equal amounts
Unsalted always sells out first too

I used to work in a Walmart deli in the states. Maybe 1/10 of butter is unsalted and is usually only purchased because a recipe specifically calls for it.

>walmart

That explains it

All I buy is salted butter but we don't leave it out, who gives a fuck if it's hard to spread spread it on toast and it'll melt

>butter
Cooking butter, yes, but not for spreading

>eggs
Yeah, why the fuck wouldn't I? Do you just leave milk out too?

>butter
Yes
>ketchup
yes
>eggs
no

Here in Finland I've never heard about such things, they probably do wash them outside and such but radiation? Sheesh!
I don't even know if you can get salmonella from raw eggs here.
My father used to drink raw eggs mixed with orange juice in the morning when he was young and living on his own, in 70s or so and he never got sick from that.

Eggs aren't sold to you in fridges are they? They don't need to be chilled, they last just as long without being cooled

Developed countries make sure their chickens don't have salmonella

>French cheese is banned in America but eating industrial crap that looks like melted plastic is completely fine

Chickens here as far as I know get vaccinated so there's that. Hormones and antibiotics are in a strict leash.

>french cheese is banned in America

It's not, it's just the cheese we have here is so much better buying French cheese would be pointless
Sometimes we import Cheddar from Ireland or Australia though, they make some good cheese

>They call that plastic "cheddar"

>Eggs aren't sold to you in fridges are they?
Except they more often that not are. What kind of retarded system do you guys have over there?

Nah it can't even legally be labeled as cheese

>porquoi tu mens ?
fromage de l'américain est le fromage de le dieu.

Do chickens make sure to keep their eggs nice and cool? Of course not, eggs are sterile unless the chicken has a disease, and they keep for ages, as they have evolved to do

>"humane" farms
You eat human eggs ?

>American processed cheese food

They're skirting the line there, they used to have to call them cheese products, I wonder how much they bribed congress or the fda to get that passed

EU and america have different regulations on eggs, in EU eggs cannot be washed before they are sold making it possible to keep them out of the fridge for a long time.
In the US it is mandatory for them to be washed before they are sold, making them go bad fast outside the fridge.
Why does washing matters? Eggs have pores.