OH.MY.GAWD

OH.MY.GAWD.

Are you not excited, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/ttf-twemoji-color/
stackoverflow.com/questions/6883434/at-all-times-text-encoded-in-utf-8-will-never-give-us-more-than-a-50-file-size/6884648#6884648
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does the unicode compendium not have better shit to do? What the fuck is this garbage

MOAR EMOJIS OH MY GAWD

> garbage
emojis are the future, gramps

in the future people will use emojis exclusively for writing. seems like a step backwards toward cuneiform.

sure they are ,':^)

Why would Sup Forums of all places care anything about emojis at all? I can post whatever fucking picture I want to express what I'm thinking.

And yet both Windows and GNU/Linux doesn't even properly support emoji out of the box yet.

Mac OS X masterrace.

this
> state of neo-Sup Forums

The Chinese and Japanese already use logographs. Although, I suppose it's not entirely comparable since emojis are more like pictographs from the way they're usually used.

GET HYPE
Emojis or 4shit when?

We should honestly just switch to hieroglyphs, aliens approve of it anyway.

Right now newfag

Sounds like an effective way to dull a populace

(((((( :-) ))))))

We've always had them though, you just need to rummage through unicodes for a while.

︒ ︼︒

;^)

What's got the millennial in such a tizzy, Sup Forums?

>wasting precious encoding space on emojis
Jesus wept.

> he cares about space
> t.lives in the 80s

>he thinks I'm talking about actual space
>not the assignment of limited encoding sequences to trivial smiley shit

It's fine, let's just extend it to utf-32 once we run out of encoding sequences

>he does not prefer the 80s

understandable if you were not alive

YAY MORE CLUTTER FOR MY PHONE
Does anyone know the total size for all emojis?

utf-16 & utf-32 should be considered harmful. Stick to utf-8.

There's already way too fucking many of them.

its fine, there's still space for a potential utf-64 if things get really cramped. In fact, why not just skip to utf128? Why stop until each character takes 1GB to encode?

That second emoji to the right

Because they are lit af, fampai 100

Is there one with a caret nose yet? Oh and a jewish one that's rubbing it's hands! One with a kikenose!

how do these guys all look the same it's actually terrifying

when's pepe emoji

utf-1024 is the future user, the government will create an emoji out of everyone's face and update it every year, leaving the old one in for backwards compatibility

Similar lifestyles regulated by le cultural hivemind

This turtle has 5 legs.

So hiro chanmoji when?

They need to discover another dead language or an uncontacted tribe to keep them busy. Until that happens, emojis will get their attention.

:o

Is that an orgasm emoji?

Question: Where are they shoving all this garbage?

UTF-16 probably. Doubling the number of bytes per character means you have a shitload more room for useless emojis.

People actually get paid money to do this primary school level shit.

>

imopying hieroglyphs are not Goa'uld emojis

when are we getting the unicode version of the absolute best emoticon

I am, its the only way these fuckers update their phones

I HATE THE NEW WUTSAPP EMOJIS

REEEEEEEEEEEE

gotta justify that budget somehow

These few pixels literally defined my childhood.
God damn, why would anyone even need more than this and maybe the original Awesome emote

Now THIS is technology!

Windows has an emoji keyboard, and there are solutions for Linux.

Nobody gives two fucks about macOS, my dude.

Unicode is a consortium. Likely phone manufacturers are on the board and are pushing this so they can sell more phones to brain dead consumers. It's unlikely that it is the techies working there that are pushing for more emojis.

How much storage is wasted time hold all these images in a font pack on a device or computer?
How much storage is wasted globally?

aur.archlinux.org/packages/ttf-twemoji-color/
a huge 5mb. I'll be crying myself to sleep for weeks over that.

Spamming more emojis instead of functional codes or reserving it for something useful. Hopefully they will remove all normal letters one day so we can speak full autismo

>android removed the blobby emojis in favour of the lifeless round ones
Why?

This made me kek. Haha

This is retarded.

All unicode encodings support SMP codepoints and multi-byte characters. UTF-16 and UTF-32 don't do anything more than UTF-8 does apart from waste space and aid legacy compatibility for misdesigned systems. They don't support more characters.

There's only one that matters.

dab emoji when?

modern hieroglyphs, it's important

DON'T STOP DADDY UUHH ;3

What is this 'emoji' shit? They are emoticons

I miss ugly.

What's with all da yellow bois?

This ain't finna be lit

IMA FIRIN MA LAZOR xd

Just wait until anime emojis, then you'll be larping as an emoji pioneer.

:niggerthink:

>Animoji OwO

I know. I just wasn't aware that they still had so much space left for this kind of trash.

It's been a while since I worked on stuff at the character level but isn't UTF-16 more efficient if the majority of the characters in your file are beyond standard ASCII? IIRC, to get non-ASCII characters using UTF-8, you deal with flags and multibyte characters that negate the savings of not using UTF-16. Or am I a bit fuzzy on the details of how this works?

Actually a nice person walked by and noticed the turtle needed to think and helped him out

>isn't UTF-16 more efficient if the majority of the characters in your file are beyond standard ASCII?

This scarcely ever happens; ascii markup and other text formats make up the bulk of all text data on computers. Even in contrived situations when it doesn't and some other real compression method isn't being used the difference in size between long tracts of UTF-8/UTF-16 wide character text isn't as dramatic as one would expect for a variety of reasons, see:

stackoverflow.com/questions/6883434/at-all-times-text-encoded-in-utf-8-will-never-give-us-more-than-a-50-file-size/6884648#6884648

And google probably won't add them to AOSP until late 2019.

>76% 132% Chinese, traditional
>129% 77% Japanese
Yes, I would have expected a larger difference for languages like Japanese and Chinese, though they were early targets for Unicode. It's be interesting to see the difference in file size for something like Laosian.

I use like six emoji max. I don't think I've ever seen more than 20 used regularly ever.

why would i need even the emojis i have now
they're not even good for shitposting

>I use [...] emoji

Bitches love smiley faces :^)

Because one of those emoji is going to be reaction-image worthy.
The other 156 will be garbage, though.

>i use anime reaction pics
no difference really

Sup Forums has always had a select few emotes and emoji that anons use but will call you a massive faggot for using anything else.
:^)

dank rebbit meme mind if i upvote?

The thing that always really rustles me about emoji is they do over the top shit like skin color and flags and building custom families that those fucking car stickers, and they're probably all like "we're so clever we added 5000 new emoji with 10 code points" meanwhile everyone in the world has to download 200MB of fonts for it, and I really feel for the poor bastards that actually have to make those fonts.

All the emoticons I need are from Alt+(0-9), and Alt+14.

What if I unironically use them ironically?

Those bastards get us back by making those fonts 200mb so I don't feel bad for them especially when they fuck it up so much too. Google's emoji in particular always look like total shit.

>Japan in charge of emojis
>Cute food, buildings, trains
>Americans in charge of emojis
>black unisex superhero white unisex superhero brown unisex superhero very brown unisex superhero black unisex supervillian white unisex supervillian brown unisex supervillian very brown unisex supervillian black male superhero white male superhero brown male superhero very brown male superhero black male supervillian white male supervillian brown male supervillian very brown male supervillian black female superhero white female superhero brown female superhero very brown female superhero black female supervillian white female supervillian brown female supervillian very brown female supervillian

Letting Americans get involved in this shit was a mistake

>dead language
As far as I'm aware, there are a few actual languages of smaller countries - not even the third-world ones - that are completely absent from Unicode.

Gosh man. Emojis are utter cancer. This gives me more reason to hate em.

For what purpose?

There are peeps in like India who are unable to write their name in Unicode.

india has a retarded number of languages and dialects though