en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Guard
youtube.com/watch?v=YE70jrhOrjk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Ney
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth#Napoleonic_Wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Gigas
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Freeze and starve to death in Russia
doesn't sound very fun 2bh

We really should have allied with Napoleon to remove every tyrannical monarchshit in Europe instead of remaining neutral. France helped us out in our revolution.

I wish we could have rolled up on Great Shittain together and put George the 3rd's head on a pike.

You could have done that, but instead there was the Quasi War.

was a mistake

true dat

>You will never be a carolean

2real

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Guard

>In August 1815, Louis XVIII ordered the Imperial Guard abolished. By December, all the Old Guard regiments were disbanded.
>When Napoleon's body was returned to France in 1840, many of the surviving Old Guard paraded in threadbare uniforms.

>be carolean
>die from diseases in russia

Pretty much same thing that happened to the French later on.

youtube.com/watch?v=YE70jrhOrjk

>not having a military song about the glory of the onion

kek, Sweden has taken this melody and made it into a childrens song.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Ney

>When Napoleon was defeated, dethroned, and exiled for the second time in the summer of 1815, Ney was arrested (on 3 August 1815). After a court-martial decided it did not have jurisdiction (November), he was tried (4 December 1815) for treason by the Chamber of Peers. In order to save Ney's life, his lawyer Dupin declared that Ney was now Prussian and could not be judged by a French court for treason as Ney's hometown of Sarrelouis had been annexed by Prussia according to the Treaty of Paris of 1815. Ney ruined his lawyer's effort by interrupting him and stating: "I am French and I will remain French".[16] On 6 December 1815, he was condemned, and executed by firing squad in Paris near the Luxembourg Garden on 10 December 1815, an event that deeply divided the French public. He refused to wear a blindfold and was allowed the right to give the order to fire, reportedly saying:

>"Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last to you. I protest against my condemnation. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her ... Soldiers, fire!"[17]

>Caesar's salad
>Nappy's onion

What next?

Bunch of pussies they were, desu.

that's rich coming from a portuguese

It's actually funny if you think about it, but not a single country that tried to invade the Motherland managed to stay strong after that starting with mongol horde.

Sweden lost its empire, poland stopped existing for a hundred years, france never really restored it's glory after 1812, germany was cut in half for 50 years, Ottoman empire crumbled.

It's a cursed place.

So weak, our kings even took a vacation while the peasants dealt with the lot of you, desu.

The Russian winter and scorched earth tactics, generals have underestimated it since Charles XII.

But at least there were Swedish soldiers in Moscow once!

>Implying the same russian winter, scorched earth, lack of roads and so on work only on the attacker

Pretty pathetic excuse desu

That's what they are used for, though. You destroy every farm and retreat, so that when they get to you they are weak and hungry and easy to pick off with guerilla warfare.

That's what we did here to stop them. The winter doesn't even come into play until they are coming back, since they attacked in the summer.

It was absolutely worse for the attacker The Russians would stay ahead of the enemy army and take everything that wasn't nailed down and burn the rest. It's a fair tactic and an extremely effective one.

However, it was definitely terrible for the Russian civilian population, no people have suffered as much as the Russian farmer throughout history really.

No one actually burn farms it was just winter.

Literally my weekend.

>you will never get blown to bits by Prussians trying to cross the Ada and sack Milan
>you will never burn to death on a ship during the Battle of the Nile
>etc.

They attacked in the summer, dude. You guys used the same scorched earth tactics as we did 4 years before.

The winter only killed them on the way back

No man, scorched earth means just that - scorched. The Russians burned down everything in front of the advancing armies, especially farms and any kind of towns that had supplies of food.

>''As Russian forces withdrew from the advancing French army, they burned the countryside over which they passed, leaving nothing of value for the pursuing French army. Encountering only desolate and useless land Napoleon's Grand Army was prevented from using its accustomed doctrine of living off the lands it conquered. Pushing relentlessly on despite dwindling numbers, the Grand Army met with disaster as the invasion progressed. Napoleon's army arrived in a virtually abandoned Moscow, which was a tattered starving shell of its former self-due largely to the use of scorched-earth tactics by retreating Russians. Having essentially conquered nothing,''

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth#Napoleonic_Wars

>Raided Coimbra's University and Library

Fucking frogs. Their deaths were well deserved.

might be pretty good if there's enough alcohol involved

but then again anything can be fun if there's enough alcohol involved

Looting a defeated enemy was normal throughout almost all of history and we wouldn't have wonders like the louvre or the British museum if they hadn't plundered.

Damned straight!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Gigas

You'll never serve and fight for Swedens King and glory as a Hakkapeliitta.