/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

old thread: What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

buttplug.io/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_stockings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuitionistic_type_theory
psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-sex/201101/attention-ladies-semen-is-antidepressant
youtu.be/TSrfB7JIzxY
pixijs.io/examples/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothing.

i thought about writing something that could easily edit ID3 tags, but it's already been done.

Finishing my 6502 assembler in javascript. I just need to add relative jumps and clean up a few bugs.

BEFORE BUMP LIMIT, SAGE AND REPORT!
>BEFORE BUMP LIMIT, SAGE AND REPORT!
BEFORE BUMP LIMIT, SAGE AND R

>in javascript
spotted the web dev

someday I want to make a macro assembler in Lisp, where the macros are just Lisp macros

Actually I've been writing C, rust, and lua for years but I learned js only a few days ago.

I FUCKING HATE ELISP
making a small recursion always ends up in error "Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'"
even trough the recursion only calls itself for 3 times.

do you wear wool arm warmers to optimize typing in the winter months? if not, why? do you hate productivity and programming gains?
>improved bloodflow
>warms blood up so you won't have shaky hands
>looks cute so you get in touch with your inner programmer
>people will compliment them

combine with thigh high socks to avoid blood clots, sleeping or numbness in legs and additional improved circulation! it will help you avoid developing those gross blue veins in your senior life!
There is literally no way this is a bad idea as a programmer

who needs those?

don't forget your coding plug

anyone who doesn't want to be gross, please shave, or change your profession to something more fitting. programming is for cute people
I mean, that would probably feel good, but what's the professional justification?

>professional justification
keeping abreast (or, a-butt) of new tech
buttplug.io/

can't afford to have your skills (mental and sphincter) stagnating in this sector

this plus a posture corset is unironically great and my daily set-up

this reminds me of that manga about a programmer who was system engineer on an onahole

Yep! I have Merino wool leg and arm warmers. Sometimes I even wear a skirt while I program.

>combine with thigh high socks to avoid blood clots
Is that actually true though? I was so scared of blood clots I brought a rowing machine and I row 3km every day.

Actual thread:

>this plus a corset
>leg and arm warmers. Sometimes I even wear a skirt
without pics you're all obviously larping

Imagine being this autistic.

samefag

am I supposed to hop onto this shit of a new thread

nah, fptp nigga

Samefag.

>without pics you're all obviously larping
Is it that hard to believe? It's too hot here right not to put them on and take a selfie but here, judging from this picture do I look like the kinda guy who would wear arm warmers and thigh highs, user?

Also do leg warmers/thigh highs actually prevent clots, did I buy a rowing machine for nothing?

samefag

>Is that actually true though? I was so scared of blood clots I brought a rowing machine and I row 3km every day.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_stockings
to a degree this is absolutely true

Nope!

damn

>not striped
you know that gives you only half the programming buff, right?

I thought you faggots were joking about being twinks

tfw no sissy cd Sup Forumsf (male)

weird thing is those people make the best programmers. I don't get it. Guess loving anime and dicks in your ass, dressing like a woman and wearing chastity cages makes one have a more intuitive sense of how to build software systems for some reason.

can't confirm nor deny twink status until we see some more descriptive photos t-b-h

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuitionistic_type_theory
this is all just a bunch of crap holy shit

literally professors conning grant committees out of money

>submissive
knows how the master (computer) thinks and how to adjust (program) to please it
>dick up yo ass
prostate orgasms reduce libido-related distractions, so one can focus on the important things
likewise, semen washing over absorbent membranes:
psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-sex/201101/attention-ladies-semen-is-antidepressant

Nice bait; I bet you don't even have leggings on right now, pajeet.

wew more reason to wear them.

:3

Kek. Those are just tights, it's too hot here to wear anything like that right now, sucks being in Australia.

Nup

A dick hasn't even entered my ass yet, nor have I touched one besides my own but I do love animu.

>Australia
wait, you're not the intro to databases handwriting lad from last thead, are ya?
If so, I gotta get my socks game up to speed to get sum a dem handwriting gainz

>2 threads
>none of them worth shit
>just a bunch of 14 year olds and neets masturbating and writing hello world in assembly
holy shit you are the cancer of Sup Forums

Unit tests suck.

Why not just wear normal clothes? Like cargos and a hoodie?

yeah programmically verifying that logical units of my program function correctly is BULLSHIT

Unit tests verify very little.

Untested code sucks.
Manual testing sucks.

requirements change on code without unit tests: have to change the code
requirements change on code with unit tests:
have to change the code and all the fucking tests

coq proof > pleb-tier unit tests

I'm trying to learn java, and I have a quick question.
public static void func(int A[]) {
for (int i=1; i

Why is it only possible to poll() multiple fds if they're stored sequentially in an array?
Why is there no interface like readv/writev?

You have what, 1 proof? You are like a little baby. My addition function has 2^64 unit tests.

Why are C# users so brainwashed? Like, they seem to think that it's the ultimate language and has absolutely no flaws.

from what I've seen, C# is easy to learn, ergonomic, feature-complete, and predictable.

That being said, it's also pOOP.

java is better

>better
I think you mean less bad

how even?

anyone wanna dev a cryptocurrency?
discord vkJQmE9

>t. peano arithmetic provers
It's been demonstrated ITT multiple times that you can't even usefully prove a square root in your memelangs, let alone all the specifications of a real non-fizzbuzz program.

Official /dpt/ is this one!

Yay, yet another Ponzi scheme!

lol why the fuck would you describe your own square root? That's just as fizzbuzz as fizzbuzz.

>That's just as fizzbuzz as fizzbuzz.
It's just a notch above Peano, and already you can't do it.

>It's been demonstrated ITT multiple times that you can't even usefully prove a square root in your memelangs
I think you mean you couldn't think of a way and therefore assumed it is impossible.

the trick to ponzicoins is to get in early
and there's no way to get in earlier than to be on the dev team!

what does this have to do with me? Nobody needs their own square root implementation. Fucking question dodger.

>Nobody needs their own square root implementation.
Nobody needs any of the things written by anyone who posts on /dpt/, especially not the toys of people who keep droning about proofs.

nice (you)-remover bot you got there user

Sorry, I have a conscience.

ok whatever dude

there's nothing wrong with crypto ponzis
the issue with real world ponzi schemes is that they trick people to invest who don't know that it's a ponzi
with ponzicoins everyone knows what it is before they invest

>with ponzicoins everyone knows what it is before they invest
Your understanding of Ponzi schemes is quite lacking. The idea behind a real Ponzi scheme is that old investors are paid off through the investments of new investors. With blockchain currencies, you simply invest in something that (hopefully) grows in value.

>With blockchain currencies, you simply invest in something that (hopefully) grows in value.
Legtitimate cryptocurrencies have valuable uses such as exchanging for goods and services.

>Legtitimate cryptocurrencies have valuable uses such as exchanging for goods and services.
Any cryptocurrency that's worth anything can be exchanged for goods and services.

But not all cryptocurrencies stand alone. Bitcoin has market adoption. Ethereum has smart contracts. Monero has privacy. Tether is backed by USD. They are valued in part by their own merit, which makes them more predictable.

The mark of a pump & dump shitcoin (the crypto equivalent of a pyramid scheme) is that its value relative to other coins is based on pure speculation because it offers nothing over them.

Arrays without subscript brackets are just pointers to the beginning of the array.

Assuming 32-bit pointers and 32-bit ints, let's make up examples of A and B.

A = 0xAAAAAAAA
B = 0xBBBBBBBB

A[0] = *(0xAAAAAAAA) = 10
A[1] = *(0xAAAAAAAE) = 20
A[2] = *(0xAAAAAAB2) = 30

B[0] = *(0xBBBBBBBB) = 40
B[1] = *(0xBBBBBBBF) = 50
B[2] = *(0xBBBBBBC3) = 60

A = B

Now A = 0xBBBBBBBB

return A[1] = *(0xBBBBBBBB + 1 * sizeof(int)) = 50

In the first function you actually modified the array because you looped through every element and changed it.

Technically everything is pass by value but in the case of #1 the value is a pointer so you can change things outside the function.

>its value relative to other coins is based on pure speculation
The value of anything is based on popular belief that it's valuable.

Yes, and beliefs lie on a spectrum of substantiation. Shitcoins are at one end, legitimate cryptocurrencies are at the other.

>and beliefs lie on a spectrum of substantiation
The only thing that substantiates the value of any currency is people actually believing it's worth something. That's it. There is nothing else, and there cannot be.

I wear fingerless gloves when I'm coding at home, at work I just make sure to do the hand stretches I learned from guitar a lot to improve circulation.

I wear fingerless gloves too, but they're so fucking thick that I just fat-finger keys, also the tip of my fingers is still really cold, even if my hands are warmer. Do I need to into better quality gloves?

There are REASONS for beliefs, user. People believing a currency has value because they can trade it for distributed computing resources (e.g. Ethereum) is quite different from people only believing a currency has value because people will buy it from them later for more than they paid themselves (pump & dump schemes). I'm not saying people can have only one reason to believe in a currency, either.

>recursively dispose of elements in a tree
>stack overflow while disposing the second item
>two /dpt/ with the same number of posts yet again
>click all the vehicles
>lol buses aren't vehicles retard
everything is wrong today, at least I have the first GoogleCar bus/motorcycle crash to look forward to

Nah, the main thing is circulation after all. Here's the guitar stretches I use. These are good for typing, drumming, and most instruments. You can hurt yourself tho, so take it easy.
youtu.be/TSrfB7JIzxY

how sure are you you're not deleting elements necessary for traversal and fooling your algorithm into running in a loop

>people only believing a currency has value because people will buy it from them later for more than they paid themselves
This is a virtually impossible scenario, because the fact that people buy a currency is already evidence that it's actually worth something because people are willing to do work just to get some of it, so it's impossible for anybody rational to believe that its only value is in some sales margin.

Thanks, I'll use these as consistently as I can

>it's impossible for anybody rational to believe that its only value is in some sales margin
You cracked the code user, shitcoins only exist because people are stupid.

Again, it doesn't matter why stupid people buy currency: when you have enough people believing that a currency is worth something for any reason, you have people willing to do useful work for it, at which point it's no longer irrational to think that a currency is worth something.

What shitlang should I learn in order to get a new job programming? I'm really sick of the JVM and the languages targeting it

Javascript definitely has the most jobs. Thanks to ES6, Javascript isn't as gay as it used to be.

I've been coming to the same unfortunate conclusion. It seems like my choices are that or Python.

am I? This should recursively call dispose on everything upon hitting c.Dispose(), then remove references to child elements from the bottom up
protected virtual void Dispose(bool disposing) {
if (!disposed) {
Parent = null;
if (Controls.Count > 0) {
foreach(Control c in Controls) {
System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("disposing control");
c.Dispose();
}
}
Controls = null;
disposed = true;
}
}

nevermind the if count > 0, I've rewritten this a couple times to try to unfuck it

That's circular reasoning. People will only exchange goods and services for a currency if they think it is already stable or appreciating. If everyone thinks it is going to appreciate until it doesn't (at which point they will sell and enjoy their gains) then the currency is bound to crash because they can't all be right. To put it simply: there's a difference between Alice buying X ABC for Y DEF because she wants to use it as X ABC in the future and Bob buying X ABC for Y DEF because he wants to sell it for Z DEF in the future where Z > Y. The question is: how many Alices do you have for each Bob?

>wait, you're not the intro to databases handwriting lad from last thead, are ya?
Yup

Because it's 38 celsius and I'm walking around in underwear.

>Because it's 38 celsius and I'm walking around in underwear.
post thermometer

Javascript can be nice. All these competing frameworks are efforts to make Javascript pleasant. Check out the example code for pixi.js. Edit it and make some bunnies run around or something. I kinda like the idea that there's a good library for making 2D games, since people are much more willing to try out a browser game than to download and install a game.
pixijs.io/examples/

So wear a tank top and shorts. Not difficult

It's been suggested that I seek out a software tester position if I wanted to get a job. There was something said along the lines about not many native English speakers having that role, and that businesses were actively looking for them. I'm inclined to believe that it's a pajeet-like role based upon what was said. Should I still go for tester positions when I can?

Gee Bill! How come your mom lets you have TWO threads?

I don't have a thermometer I checked the forecast but if I did it wouldn't be 38 because the a/c is boomin.

I'm sweating just studying no thanks.

these will improve cirulation and make your tips warm. also won't have fat finger problems