Kids growing up today have no practical knowledge of how computers actually work and no patience to learn it

kids growing up today have no practical knowledge of how computers actually work and no patience to learn it.

how many generations does humanity have left?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sQB2NjhJHvY
youtu.be/zVN5C3x4ZZo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kids growing up yesterday didn't either, faggot

>Implying they don't learn Java at an early age in order to hax and grief some autists Minecraft server

If you kill yourself, it might start a trend to roll the number back to zero.

underage

Because they didn't grow uo with the frustrations of old technology and evolved along with it, nor did they start with the foundations and developed them as the technology was rapidly developing. The best programmers that i've met are the ones who learned young and learned as new technology came out.

Sup Forumsentoos growing up today have no practical knowledge of how today's kids actually work and no patience to learn it.

How many virgins does it take to install Arch?

Modern tech is more frustrating than old tech.

What if you are not a virgin and you are installing arch in a virtual box right now?

chuckled

post the sauce of this shit so I can finally get what's this shilling is all about

youtube.com/watch?v=sQB2NjhJHvY

This scenario doesn't seem very plausible to me.

idk, how many generations were there before computers existed dummy?

I swear to my lord Jesus Christ that is it true.

Ok, I can't help you since I have no experience with sexing a real female woman.
We should ask /fit/

wew

What triggers me the most is how she's using the thingy on the garden and on the street.
I want a sequel where a nigger steal her pad and rape her vag.
>what's a Tyrone

>"Hey kid, what gender are you?"

>"What's a gender?"

I disagree, but i know where you are coming from.

In my opinion, if you have a good solid foundation with old tech then generally you will flourish with new tech. Not always the case, of course, but just from my own observations.

neither did any generations before except lazy millennials
and most of those didn't really know either

>she

I've got bad news...

I'm biased but I feel like gen X and (early) millennials have the best grasp of what it is to adapt to new tech..especially those of us who grew up with landlines, radio, cassettes, VHS, CDs, personal computers going mainstream, going from fucking with DOS and floppy disks and 8-bit consoles to Windows and computers that could actually handle high quality audio and video dial up to broadband and wifi .. and now in the post-iPhone era things seems to be less rapidly changing, Apple's effort to dumb everything down to an "app" and social media has infected and warped humanity and made everyone into a mindless parrot who grew up in a comfy echo chamber with an iPhone in their hand educated by common core and can never even have a genuinely original thought of their own.

>kids today
how can you lack enough self-awareness to realise how retarded this sentiment is?

>how many generations does humanity have left?
Hopefully this will be the last.

This is good for my job security in the future

Yeah, when I started primary school they could still whip your ass with a paddle. You had to do math long hand on paper and learn cursive writing. Now, kids have no respect, calculators do all the work, and "what's cursive?" its all print now. They also make kids do all kinda dumb shit just to graduate that has no actual use/purpose in the real world. No wonder kids are fucked up (drugs/lack of discipline at home also play a part). Growing up, I'd never disrespect my parents cause I knew better and cause I knew I'd get in trouble. Kids now, curse,yell, act like fucktards and the parents just let it go.

I agree, and people who can't build and repair cars shouldn't be driving them, only elitist mechanics and engineers should have that right.

you know how every generation says the next one is worse? what if it was true, every time?

2, One will make manual (preferably video on YT based on step by step arch wiki manual) and second follows it.

Depends on what kids. I'm sure Chinese and Indians kids put together Macs know a lot about computers.

I was born in 1994 and I agree with that. It's sad watching kids grow up without any idea how the technology they use works and having everything handed to them on a silver platter. A few of them will care enough to find out but that's a very small minority among the mindless zombies that only know how to consume.

>kids growing up today have no practical knowledge of how computers actually work and no patience to learn it.
What are you on about? It's the complete opposite. Just because you bought premade components and plugged them into each other doesn't mean you're some moral authority you autistic basement dwelling faggot. Kys. kthnxbai.

>I played doom from diskette in win 95
>I'm such a old school nerd!
>kids know how to programming since 10 but they are a lost generation!

What a fucking faggot. What next? Kids knows shit about cars because they never fix a Ford falcon 73?

Faggot

>What a fucking faggot. What next? Kids knows shit about cars because they never fix a Ford falcon 73?
Well, exactly the point.

fuck you youngster, adults are talking here
t. 1989

lol whatever nerd

Most people know fuck all about the working of the world around them. It matters less than you think

>1994
>Thinks they have an opinion about this
Holy shit kid just fuck off back to /reddit/

god she's such a qt. I wish i was that macbook.

I always loved working with computers. But in 2004 I decided not to study IT because I figured the internet was already finished. And there wouldn't be much for me to do.

>she

>he
implying

What point? Cars havent those motors in these years, know how to fix them is stupid

>people today have no practical knowledge of how refrigerators actually work and no patience to learn it.

same-o same-o. general population is just dumb.

>kids growing up today have no practical knowledge of how computers actually work and no patience to learn it

moar jobs for me

that's roughly the average age of Sup Forums users though, maybe a bit younger.

>people today have no practical knowledge of agriculture and no patience to learn it.

And you can go on until the mamut hunting

Same for Java programmers

I'm more bothered that kids have no understanding of primitive survival skills or how to entertain themselves without the Internet. All it takes is an EMP or the grid going down for some reason and most of us would be fodder.

>MFW grew up in 90's
>Learned programming with QBASIC
>Learned digital electronics with 7400 series gates interfacing with parallel port on computer
>Had 30 in 1 electronics kit, learned about analog too

Kids these days have it rough. There is no learning and discovery anymore when computers are just so complicated compared to our day. How do you teach a child the inner workings of the USB interface? Let alone an educated adult. lol. There is no feeling of discovery and awe for the tech. And today electronics are taught on fucking raspberry pi's instead of learning how to do magic with npn, pnp transistors or even a basic PIC that would give the pi a run for its money. We have lost.

Tell me user, when do you actually use cursive besides writing to Grandma? When in the hell do you use long hand maths? When you have to do division with big numbers, tell me, do you whip out a piece of paper and start doing long division? Just seems like you're a whiny boomer who doesn't like how people adapt with technology. We have a calculator in our pocket now, despite what your teachers told you will never happen. I'm 18, and we all got calculators around 5th grade, and from that point on I don't think I ever actually did math on paper. Also, respect hasn't changed. Teenagers are still teenagers whether you like it or not. Just because you had it hard doesn't mean everyone else has to too. Now, go, I think you're late for bingo.

Cursive is an underated skill. You don't know how far a handwritten letter in beautiful cursive script can get you in a time when everyone shoots off poorly written texts or an email if they can be arsed.

i unironically would do her

Except YOU are the underage for not realising most kids never gave a fuck about how computers work

> but i know where you are coming from.
Where?

I was born in 1993. I am a front/back end dev for a fintech company. Programming isnt hard unless you are doing the startup shit which is mostly challenging because of cash flow. Ive only been programming for like 1.5 years, im no master but i put in the hours and don't approach a coding problem without considerable thought.
T. Elitist mindset in tech is always present, go home neo.

Drivers can't fix their own cars
Pilots don't build their own planes
Radio listeners don't know what frequency modulation actually means

we're doomed

>every time
Not every time, just a 200 to 300 year long cycle. We haven't reached the bottom of it yet, believe it or not, and when we do the generation that starts climbing back out of the hole will be fucking incredible people.

>Drivers can't fix their own cars
Do you except your shiny service to be everywhere you go?
LMAO

i would ironically do *it*

>Expecting the average driver to replace their headgaskets and coilpacks on the side of the road

>yeah people have no respect these days; back in my day we used to ride horses instead of drive those things that roll on wheels. makes no sense to me.

>Pilots don't build their own planes
kit planes nigga, and professional pilots know more than enough about their planes. they don't know how every rivet works, but a functional understanding of how turbofans work is a must when you're flying over the pacific and one of your engines is spewing smoke.

Cursive don't exist.

the pilot doesnt fucking get out and fix it themselves you dingus, they read what the computer and checklist say and act accordingly

You have no practical knowledge of how a computer actually works either.

Teenagers didn't used to be teenagers. Teenagers used to be adults. The idea of teenager is a modern one put into place because it's good for marketing and good for governments to have someone forced to go to education and without the legal rights to refuse. So no teenagers are not still teenagers because teenagers are a dumb construction of our modern era.

Yeah, poor Tyrone...

>a functional understanding
explain how those commercial pilots successfully flew a plane home using only their elevators and their engines that one time without knowing how the engines work.

/thread

I liked this ad lol.
get a life nerds :)

Vulnerability varies with complexity.

>kids growing up today have no practical knowledge of how computers actually work
kids growing up today will have the hardest time learning about it. The sheer complexity that goes into understanding how a computer actually works is ridiculous. Most people need to know how to use it not how it works. They can get by just fine without learning it. Things are built on multiple layers of abstraction and that's a good thing. Most kids will develop an interest about something in their life. It doesn't have to be with computers. It can be cooking, designing, driving etc. As long as they are interested they can learn. And with the current advances being made in tech quantum computing, ML, AI, blockchain, robotics, VR/AR we will get more kids joining these fields than ever before.
>no patience to learn it
Kids have shit attention span to begin with and it's a parents job to guide the child in whatever they may be interested in and nurture that curiosity. It's not the kids fault it's the parents.
>how many generations does humanity have left?
what a faggot comment.

Not everyone is an autist doomed to spend their twilight years screaming about GNU/Linux at people on the street.

I grew up in the 90s and also had no idea how computers work. it was a revelation to me what flip flops and registers are, or how you could make gates with just transistors, or how instruction sets work and stuff. nobody "learned" how computers work just by using them.

I always had these 50 year old female professors teaching algorithms and assembly and stuff who couldn't resize a powerpoint window. new stuff is even more confusing than the old stuff because they try to make it "intuitive" to people who have been using it their whole lives. there's nothing inherently obvious that the middle box makes the window big.

Where's your evidence? I see the next generation as really willing to learn and even addicted to information.

Sounds like frauds. Sounds like they are teaching from a textbook and not from their experience and practical application.

ayylmao, not only kids, every retard who started using GNU/Linux since ubuntu appeared its a brainlet.

they had phds and like 20 years of industry experience, they were just cs/ee before the personal computer even existed

CS is about to proofs and computability not to write bullshit on pytard.

And they weren't able to adapt and learn new technologies while it was developing? Strange. Maybe tunnel-vision in their field?

I feel as though kids raised on both computers and video games to be much more intuitive with GUI and kids who grew up solely with command line and programming languages.

*than kids who grew up solely with...

Time for bed, boys. :(

>if you aren't just like me fuck you and your opinion
how's Walmart greeting job treating you gramps?

for someone who has zero previous experience with anything electronic, I would think that command lines are much more intuitive. typing something like exit makes more sense than clicking a random X, for example. I'm pretty sure they just had no reason to learn stuff like windows guis, even if they've published hundreds of research papers old women just don't touch powerpoints and facebook that much. One of them wrote all the assignments and stuff in latex, for example.

I am agree, command line its a more natural way to tell a computer what to do , even M$ found that late and now its new developing framworks like dotnet has better CLI support than UI one .

I grew up with Macintosh and Windows OS's so I saw transition between CLI and GUI. I was fortunate enough to learn both but gravitate more towards a GUI approach. I suppose such was a luxury not granted or accessed by the older ladies. Oh well.

see there's a problem with this narrative
if nobody has no idea how to use a computer then why is CS/CE so full, why is writing software becoming an almost blue collar job

obviously "kids these days" are doing fine. well, at least in the third world anyway.

fucktard doesnt understsnd what a CARriage is

why do so many people think the world was that much radically different before 100 years ago?

>kids growing up today have no practical knowledge of how computers actually work and no patience to learn it.

Buy them this and they will know more than Sup Forums

>Admitting you're part of the old guard
>The same ones that let the board go to shit
Be humble

la creatura...

youtu.be/zVN5C3x4ZZo

Personally I think kids born in the early 00's have a massive advantage going forward, they were introduced to incredible technology at a very early age, I was using a computer at 3-4 but tech was very limited back then, had to deal with dial up and such whereas they get fast computers and fibre right off the bat. Kids in the UK are being taught programming from 14 years onwards, my ototo surprised the fuck out of me when he told me Python classes were boring, I'm frontend dev and would have loved to have learned Python in school as opposed to using Excel and shit.

When they hit their 20's we'll likely see programming increase in popularity, hell we might even see more girls.

I noticed ones that know most inherently about computers are those that were born in the mid 80's to late 90s. You actually had to know aobut about how to install a windows, warez, kits, regcleaners shit like that. Now everything JUST WERKS why would you learn more.

95% of this board doesn't know how a computer work

that's why so many professional airlines save a buck by just hiring pilots instead of pilots and engineers

>old man yelling at the cloud: the post