Wtf Sup Forums you told me these were shit

wtf Sup Forums you told me these were shit

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Retina-15-Mid-2015-Review.144402.0.html
notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-Microsoft-Surface-Pro-4-Core-i7-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-i5-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-m3.156031.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

buy a desktop.
Now Sup Forums told you to buy a desktop.

i have a desktop running hackintosh already, i just got one of these since I wanted a laptop with mac on it and my existing one was incompatible with hackintosh
i was honestly expecting a piece of shit laptop, but this thing is orgasmic to use

enjoy your shitty keyboard.

>wtf Sup Forums you told me these were shit
problem?

>wtf Sup Forums you told me these were shit
Okay.
1. Shitty batteries
2. Poor cooling system
3. Shitty keyboard.

But it is not as bad, as new one.

....they are

Sup Forums is 99% NEETs/welfare/highschool kiddos who barely have ten dollars to their name, so they spend all day circlejerking about how their $120 plastic laptops and $90 chink phones are ACTUALLY BETTER than all the "normie/pleb" shit that costs over $300

You should know better than to take actual advice from Sup Forums

wtf Sup Forums you told me these were shit

NO ESCAPE

You still have 2 options, and you retain control. We have not yet reached the point of no return.

They are, because you didn't get the Retina one

nice fonts dude did you hack mod that yourself

>did you hack mod that yourself
What the fuck?

How's that packaging book?

really nice, perfect coffee table book. super interesting stuff on music packaging with flying lotus and stuff. the silver foil on the cover has this iridescent rainbow effect that looks really cool in the sun

>I just got one of these
exactly, give it a few months/a year and then post in this board

They literally are, congrats on making the most irresponsible financial decision of your life.

>"After our one-hour stress test with Prime95 and FurMark (Windows), the CPU runs at only1.2 GHz, while the graphics card is also limited to just 400 MHz. Even though devices fromAsus,Acer& Co. also throttle, none of the direct rivals loses that much performance. The performance of the MacBook was much better under OS X, but the tools (Cinebench and Unigine Heaven) are not that demanding for the hardware."

notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Retina-15-Mid-2015-Review.144402.0.html

>"We had our doubts on the performance of the Surface Pro 4 Core i7 configuration considering the throttling issues found on the Surface Pro 3. Luckily, we can observe no major performance issues when under high loads. The tablet is able to maintain its maximum Turbo Boost of 3.2 GHz for both cores when under Prime95 stress and Unigine Heaven stress."

notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-Microsoft-Surface-Pro-4-Core-i7-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-i5-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-m3.156031.0.html

surface pro 4 is a tablet btw

you think an XPS or some xiami chinkbook™ is gonna last better than a macbook?

it's not the best laptop on the market for money, no. good thing i'm not mining with it or playing crazy games. i want mac for certain music programs and VST compatibility. also the handoff and interconnectivity with my iphone is pretty cool. i have the money so an extra grand for a laptop that perfectly suits me is a no-brainer. not to mention the fact this thing is gonna last way longer than other laptops.

mine hasn't blown up yet, and the battery is way better than my old samsung windows laptop. awesome SSD speed, great screen. the touch bar can be useful (it's definitely not a game changer though).

nope, but my comfy x220 sure as fuck is, has and will

yeah, they're good laptops as well. won't find any arguments about that here

THAT FUCKING REFLECTION!!

So what's the point of getting a macbook if you can get something better at a much lower price? Unless, of course, you just wanna go to Starbucks to web-dev in front of whatever chick is there so that you get laid easily. If so, I'm not judging

Damn, looks like there aren't any pdfs sadly.

Did you not see his list of reasons you fucking brainlet

The screen shouldn't be this glossy.
Did you get a knockoff?

I'm sorry user-chan I was too busy fucking my ass with my new iDildo, apple's latest innovation in anal stimulation, it's something brand new I assure you, no one has ever done it before! And it's only $1000! How much cheaper can cumming get? I sure hope my friends also bought one, so that I don't feel it was an unecessary purchase brought by impulsive consumerism in this oh-so social planet we live in

it's a glossy screen, but it's exacerbated by the fact i had to turn the brightness right down to take the photo, and I have a window right behind me.

I'm sure I don't need to explain the pros and cons of glossy vs matte to you guys, the colour accuracy of these screens would be wasted on a matte screen (but also I'm colourblind so)

see
this is proper 2006 banter. can you please post that pic of the "gay test" dell with cables and imac with only one?

Better? If you mean mildly better "stats", than yes. There's much more to a MacBook than stats on paper, user.

Haha Mac is for gay people

I wasn't around in 2006 user, sorry about that, I think I got in something like 2008 or something but was 11 at the time
>there's much more to a MacBook than stats on paper, user
such as? and compatibility with other apple devices doesn't count, since inducing yourself into an apple-environment coma is retarded in itself
Probably, who am I to say

>He uses an OS that can't preview web pages with a three-finger tap
I sure hope you don't do this

actually, on my touchbar mac I can force touch™ it to preview

>I wasn't around in 2006
oh, well the gay thing is very played out you're not gonna get any laughs from it, it's like an ebaum's world era joke

if you don't know the pros and cons of having a mac then i'm not gonna list them off for you. either you haven't looked into it or you have and it's not for you. either way, probably don't get so involved in other people's decisions

this is my favourite use of the force touch honestly. it's not like a shortcut you need to learn, it's super natural

>listening to Sup Forums unironically
You deserve that mac

Sup Forums is a disgusting communist board that will actually suggest buying chink shit instead of Apple, I don't know why you're surprised.
They should shut this place down for good.

Bought a 13" tb MBP 2017 for $1200
Eat shit Sup Forums.
Thing is dope. I'm a programmer and have zero issues not having function keys or escape

>don't get so involved in other people's decisions
But that's what the internet is all about, wtf am I suppose to do?

how did you get it for that price?

Lies, battery life is actually better, lasts me all day at work over my thinkpad x1 carbon. unless I'm watching movies or something

A smarty pants. Sup Forums is a terrible place for tech tips I dont even know why I come here anymore, I guess its just cause I love tech.

Student discount at my Uni and a promo

fuck that's funny

i like it

You sure you're not still 11?

I'll admit I like my ipad. But for the desktop I could never see myself using anything other than Linux anymore. Just too comfy with it.

A group of people gave you their opinions, you investigated, and decided you disagree? WOW YOU'RE SO UNIQUE AND SPECIAL FOR DISAGREEING AND BY THE WAY THIS WAS INDEED WORTH MAKING A THREAD!!!!!!

>shit batteries
it's okay. got a good 7h out of it
>shit cooling
i'm only using it for photoshop / light AE / matlab. and it hasn't overheated yet.
>shitty keyboard
keyboard is exactly same as my friend's 2011 one.

I ran Prime95 for an hour and here's the results.

Big surprise, there wasn't any thermal throttling.
In fact, it sustained a 0.5 ghz turbo boost.

>it's okay. got a good 7h out of it
No, not is capacity, but it quality. They are puffing like after 2-3 years. And it is not cool.
>i'm only using it for photoshop / light AE / matlab. and it hasn't overheated yet.
No, it throttles. Because apple prefer silence and thinnes to cooling.
> keyboard is exactly same as my friend's 2011 one.
No delete key, no printscreen... Rubbish. And mine (but it is MacBook Air, not pro) has ISO keyboard and I don't like it.
But mechanics is OK.

Now load GPU, even slightly.

>Moving the goal posts
That meme image used the exact same test I did, Prime95.
If I start GPU testing at the same time, then it's not a comparable test.

I'll do it anyways though.

>100c
>Considers that a success
>mfw

It's still running 0.5 ghz faster than the base clock, and it never got any warmer.
Is it warmer than I would have liked? Yeah, but there sure as shit wasn't any thermal throttling.

I got my 15" Macbook Pro for free because someone thought it was dead because the GPU was faulty (common in the 2011 models).
Disable the discrete GPU on boot and you've got a high-quality lappy

Old keyboards and trackpad are god-tier
Slap some linux on here and you've got a good shitposting station.

It will throttle and it is not good.
It is forgivable for 200$ laptop, but not 1000+ $ one.
Temps under 95 deg on laptops is OK. More - Intel CPU will limit its power

By the way, Mac OS 10.6 > Mac OS 10.9 > KDE > Windows 7 > Windows 10 > Poo > Loo > Mac OS 10.10+.

Just downgraded my air back... And well. Suck a pleasure "it just werks" works. Nothing is in my way, I do whatever I need, in my way, not in faggy apple spotlight-on-entire-screen way

go watch some louis rossmann fgt. That nigga is neither of those things you mentioned and he dissects those computers on the daily.

mac looks better than winshit
mac doesn't spy on you like winshit
mac doesn't have ads / preinstalled bloatware like winshit
mac has a consistent user experience (it's not trying to be a desktop and a tablet at the same time, unlike wintrash)
macs have better trackpads than other pcs (ok, sure trackpoints exist, but I still prefer a trackpad and apple's one sure delivers)
adobe software tends to be smoother / nicer to use on OS X rather than winshit (for example, on winshit photoshop constantly brings itself to the foreground while starting up, while on os x it opens without any bullshit).
retina display allows me to have photoshop open beside after effects on the same screen, and the mac GUI is designed to work with screen scaling / multiple resolutions
the mac UI is smoother, more polished than windows (only linux WMs rival it, and they require ricing)
office 2016 is better on mac (as it's not using the same GUI codebase as office 2007).

admittedly macbooks aren't that high performance, and the batteries aren't that great, but they make up for by being really nice to use. if I wanted to do SLI NASA bitcoin rendering on my laptop i'd buy a high spec thinkpad. i bought my mac specifically for word processing, and fucking around with video / stupid VFX shit with the adobe suite. and for that I think it's a justifiable purchase. not only that, I purchased it second hand for a decent price, and the computer works fine. it was either a 2014 macbook or some xiaomi chinkbook, or an autistic looking thinkpad monstrosity.

fuk stupid Sup Forums stop telling me to buy things I already have

Furmark + Prime95 results.

The CPU did throttle a bit, but it wasn't for thermal reasons, it was because the battery couldn't keep up with the demand and the voltage dropped.
(45w for the CPU and 45w for the GPU + everything else)

>actual boiling point of water
>at barely half utilization
>success

it's not like the average Sup Forums user will be rendering furry buttholes all day anyway.

The second Furmark stopped the CPU jumped back up.

I was only using the physical cores, no hyper

what is it about mac os 10.6 you like more than the current version? does it run better on your machine or is it the features?

>104 degrees

*No hyper threading.
Since only 4 out of a maximum 8 threads were being used, power gadget read that as 50% use.

Yes. I have 10.6 on my Mac Mini 2010 and I don't want to update it, because it is perfect. It just works.
On air I had installed 10.9 and I think it is the last normal Mac OS X. After that - pure shit.
But how can I fool apple, so I can run 10.9 but with some 10.13 stuff to run latest xcode? Because nothing had really changed.

if nothing's really changed, then just install 10.13, fuckboy. if you like the glossy effects so much then just open up the UI files and replace them with the old ones.

No, I like small spotlight thing, aqua and stability. I'd just install kext for wifi from 10.13.

This has to be the best post I read on Sup Forums in years.

no arguing with that
aqua's the biggest thing I miss from the new one

you're dead set retarded

what is aqua?

Aqua is DE on Mac OS. That buttons, and stuff.
How using 'stuff that werks' is retarded?

Don't listen to these morons, man. I think about going back to 10.9 at least once a week, I envy you. Don't upgrade unless you have to, this flat shit is cancer.

I did sudo rm -rf '/Applications/App Store.app' so it can't even check them. Because fuck appstore.

aqua was the glossy UI style they used
then in 10.10 they removed it and just had flat colors

>104 degrees
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF MACTODDLERS

Sup Forums is always full of shit, first they told me that razer mouses are unreliable pieces of shit and that they will break after 2 years of use, I replaced mine after 7 years of constant use and it was still running good, but wear was showing up. Then I was shilled X2 and they were garbage headphones that I took of my head after 10 seconds of auditioning. Then one day I got air and it was the best notebook I had, before I was using old toshiba for most time, and guess what macs are shit according to Sup Forums. I don't like the direction that Apple took with new macbook pro and there are some issues in the pursuit of thinness, but it's far from what Sup Forums shills and my mid 2012 is still rocking.

>macshit
>not shit
Pick one.

How about you run two of the most intensive benchmarks and see how hot your laptop gets.

Do it faggot.

Someone already did that.

They didn't run them simultaneously.

>t. mactoddler

>I have no argument so I'm going to resort to memes

>7h on a battery so large it's almost illegal to fly with
It's fucking garbage and that's why the new on is garbage
>shit cooling
I don't have anything to say but muh stress tests
If it's good for you, cool
>good keyboard
The new on has no travel and is shit
The old one is good

>using proprietary software
disgusting

tell me one good industry used alternative to AE and matlab, and I'll consider switching.

>gay

> btw I'm a programmer
> btw I edit videos
> btw I make music
Congrats Pradeeps, your itunes gift card is in the mail. Shill harder

the keyboard is great to typer on, it's just fragile as fuck