MacOS

I like macOS. It doesn't throw ads on my screen, install unsolicited software, force restart for updates, and I can use Unix shell utilities natively. Sure, it's not as customizable as GNU/Linux, but it's a nice experience once you get used to it, and most reasonable people don't care for ultra-customizability or autistic i3 desktops anyway.

Why should I ever switch to something else? What non-meta task can GNU/Linux accomplish that macOS can't?

osx has i3 desktop.

>and I can use Unix shell utilities natively
You can on windows these days too

nothing unless you want to run a server / control embedded hardware (in that case Linux is great because of its reliability). It can also run Adobe software natively, something Linux will NEVER do. It has been, and will continue to be, the patrician OS for desktops, especially for graphics design / video / CG.

>t. mactoddler shill

/thread

>winshit
enjoy your adware and cortana. plus you can't even use the unix shell on LTSB.

linux > macos >>>> huge 2km gap >>>> winshit

>linux > windows >>>> huge 2km gap >>>> fagos

can't argue with that

macshits btfo!!!!

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

I don't like locked down software that was built for use by a retarded child.
>inb4 cookie cutter experience > customizability

High sierra sucks ass rn

RIP ;__ ;

I like macOS as well, it's basically a very polished Linux distro where everything works out of the box. I think i might look into turning my laptop into a hackintosh soon.

>I don't like locked down software that was built for use by a retarded child.
But user, it's made for you!

>it's basically a very polished Unix where everything works out of the box.
Fixed.
Feeble troll.

What kind of hardware you got?

I'm currently preparing for my hardware upgrade. i5-3570k OC + 1050ti + natively supported WiFi/BT card from an iMac.

>katawa shoujo on dock
breh, how have you not finished KS yet?

A T420 and a generic newer laptop with a 6700HQ and a 1060. Never researched hackintosh requirements though, i assume its hardware dependent.

I 100% it a few years back myself. Roommate mentioned wanting to play it so I downloaded it again. She's computer illiterate so I put it on the dock for her.

Hardware isn't as much of an issue as one would think. macOS can be hacked onto almost anything these days, excluding ARM of course.

That CPU is fine, GPU from that series should also work fine as well. Swap out the WiFi card for something like BCM9435Z for native support. You most likely won't have proper power management, but eh it's a hack anyways. Not sure on the 1060, but it's worth a shot. Other than that it's just finding the kexts for your specific hardware like audio, USB and maybe SATA. Multibeast makes this as easy as selecting from a list.

Also to clarify, I meant the Intel HD 5xx integrated GPU should work fine from that series of CPU.

ads in system utilities

As for the T420, I believe that thing has been hacked to death and back. Shouldn't be hard to find a simple guide on it.

There's none on my machine.

lol no

This.