>employees complain
>customers complain
>everyone complains
>complete havoc

>nobody points the finger at SAP because they're in too deep now
>more and more companies buy into it
What the fuck is this bullshit?
Someone explain to me how they're getting away with this

A convoluted MITML system which is completely useless. SAP consultants are literally the shittiest most dumbest people I have ever met. They're usually lazy boomers who knowbthey can get away with murder and still get their invoices paid in full. It fucking sickens me.

its insane the amount of money they make
one of the SAP devs are leaving and the managers are freaking out because they absolutely need a full team to maintain the hellscape of this garbagefire. If I had zero self worth I'd get into being a SAP dev and making an easy 100k working part time
But i'm not that self hating (yet)

My company did the same about a decade ago and I've been there since the transition. Likewise it was a hellish, absolutely nighmarish experience and hundreds of thousands of hours of wasted time but me and two other colleagues have pretty much become the resident SAP "experts" and we keep this shithouse of cards from falling down.

Anyways, I love SAP because I practically have my employers hostage. You should get in on the action and make yourself one with the SAP.

I learned SAP from my father because he always gloats about it and how prestigeous his job is. Classic "I paid for my college with a part time summer job" boomer. The amount of money he makes is just unruly. Lo and behold when I tried my hand at learning SAP, I was quick to learn it but saw it as too convoluted and verbose of a method to be at all effective. I chock this up to job security for how littoe everybody seems to know about it.

Which sucks because he had a solid programming background and taught me Pascal and COBOL when i was young but gave up his passion to make more money. Good for him and all but he turned into a smarmy shithead, which sucks because he has the capacity to be awesome but chooses to be a lazy spoiled boomer. Fuuuuuuck. /rant

I once worked at a company that prided itself on SAP.

I quit 5 days later after seeing the cesspool of no innovation, and basically sales men in tech trying to justify this "tech". Garbage shit show.

I make more than any SAP whatever you call yourself, and actually do engineering.

Can you give a mid length synopsis/overview of what SAP is? Software system? Proprietary hardware network? As something for the uninitiated.

Imagine you need a tool. A very specific tool for a very specific job. Instead of having someone make the tool you need, you get a piece of shit 100 in 1 swiss army knife knockoff. Because "this is the only thing you'll need, forever!" But none of the tools work for the job you need, so you send it back for them to custom fit everything. Now when you get it back its a piece of shit that creeks and whines is constantly about to break so you just hire a very expensive guy to be nearby when it does break so he can fix it for you.

This is SAP.
The most german thing you could possibly imagine.
Software designed to be everything and hold your entire business hostage.

Always related.

is it abouts as bad as a combination of mac and microsofts "not invented here", running on legacy windows and programmed by oracle

Um... tried any other ERP/MRP systems ? Just moved to a new company that uses... Fishbowl. It is utter fucking shit. Dumping data from the system to pull back into Access to try and generate reports that make sense is just infuriating. Thank f'n Christ we are migrating to JDE. AS400 all the way! Gimme my green screen!

>hold your entire business hostage.
this. I've seen very serious billion dollar companies take delivery of 1000kg worth of unfinished equipment just to send it back the next day. The real delivery was two weeks later.
Not even to dodge taxes. All to appease the rigid inflexible SAP system. If the system doesn't allow it, you can't do it.

>his company is too poor to implement and maintain the top of the line SAP packages with full time dedicated on-site support teams
Lmao joblets

lol

Sammelstelle Arbeitsloser Physiker strikes again.

>being a shill for one of the worst multinationals currently in existence that's know for actively destroying our planet and flora
Wew lad

it's the just revenge for two lost wars
return Elsaß-Lothringen and Ostpreußen and we may consider turning SAP off

> SAP consultants are literally the shittiest most dumbest people I have ever met
I can confirm that. Except for a rare ABAP programmer they are all lazy and dumb fucks who are probably in this career because someone told them it’s a gold mine. Most of them used to be clipper developers.

>Once worked
>quit after 5 days
Hmmmm.

I've never heard anyone say something positive about SAP.
How are these people still in business?

That’s because it’s a shit niche that will always require shit software and stupid people to maintain. While the rest of the software world basks in standards and good practices the industry for company accounting and HR will always be maintained with bubble gum and tape.

The saddest thing is that companies adopt shit like SAP to increase their value. If a company runs SAP it worths more. The result are shitty implementations where sap just keeps data and run reports and every other job is made by even shittier third party applications. Because implementing anything on SAP is EXPENSIVE so why not use SAP to output some data and run it through MS Excel? I’m not even joking.

>While the rest of the software world basks in standards and good practices

This, the rest of the industry is just as dysfunctional. A small handful of businesses might actually have some rigour and do their due diligence but it is not the norm.

I like you

I worked with Sharepoint for a bit and I wanted to kill myself. From what I hear, SAP is the same kind of atrocity except on a much greater scale.

>Ostpreußen
including Memelland of course