There are people posting on this board who actually think ummagumma is not pink floyds best album

>there are people posting on this board who actually think ummagumma is not pink floyds best album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_83urK9rO4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>there are people on this board who think that money is the best song on dsotm

I've never listened to it ama

that's not Wish you were here tho'.

WYWH > AHM >>>>> BLACK SIDE OF THE MOON >>>>>>>> UMMAGUMMA >>>> * ** > *** > THE WALL

>not even including atom heart mother

it's one of the best things they ever did

this is the greatest thing they ever did

youtube.com/watch?v=_83urK9rO4U

i will debate ANYONE on this, and win

>literally my second choice

dude I really like it, but WYWH (escluding the song WYWH) is exepctional

>pleb side of the moon

Saucerful of Secrets is their best bh

meddle is a best

if i could just get my hands on Jannanniez3...

DSOTM is the rarest thing by PF I listen to anymore only because I built a huge tolerance for it. I think it's pretty stupid to say it sucks. It's probably their most cohesive album and in my opinion, even though I never put it on anymore, is that it is indeed their 'best' album.

For me, excluding Piper bc i feel like it's unfair to include it, their order is this

1. dsotm
2. animals
3. wywh
4. meddle
5. the wall
6. saucerful
7. atom heart mother
8. ummugumma
11. the final cut
12. division bell
17 momentary craps of treason

i dont consider the soundtrack to be an album so i didn't rank it, it's either 9th or 10th

that's pasta, right?

i sure hope so. for your sake

I don't care what you think because I can play all the guitar solos

Good to know there are some people on this board who aren't contrarians.

More and Obscured by Clouds are Pink Floyd albums, they were just written for films. Zabriskie point shouldn't be lumped in with the rest of their studio albums bring that there were tracks from various artists on there. I still think that the album would have been way better had it just been Pink Floyd and Jerry Garcia.

1. Wish You Were Here
2. Animals
3. The Dark Side of the Moon
4. Atom Heart Mother
5. Meddle
6. Ummagumma
7. A Saucerful of Secrets
8. Obscured by Clouds
9. More
10. The Wall
11. The Final Cut
12. The Piper At the Gates of Dawn
13. The Division Bell
14. The Endless River
15. A Momentary Lapse of Reason

It's kind of weird how most of their worst album's titles begin with the word "the."

that's a pretty good list. I forgot about obscured when i made mine. I still don't think it's fair to include Piper on the list though, it's basically a different band under Syd

Its no Animals

Eh, I guess I'm okay with this. I've never understood what people apparently hear in Piper, though. There's far better psychedelia as far as the whole whimsical aesthetic goes, and I've always found Syd Barrett to be obnoxious as fuck.

Final Cut and Momentary Lapse higher quality than The Wall,? Bitch please

Release dates are spot on though

Arnold Layne and Jugband Blues are fun.

The Wall was more autobiographical, whiny and had more fillers than The Final Cut, and was less interesting sound musically than AMLOR imo. I'm willing to bet that half the people who rate them so low either haven't listened to them or their opinions were so dampened by other's negative thoughts on them that it ruined their experience before they were able to determine for themselves whether they liked them or not.

It's not.

I like the Final Cut, but AMLOR is just bad, like Radio KAOS level bad

I fucking hate Arnold Layne. It sounds like the fucking Monkees. Jugband Blues is definitely the best song of his that ever got released on an album though. It's still not as good as Vegetable Man and, my favorite song of his, Scream Thy Last Scream, which both got left off of A Saucerful of Secrets because they apparently scared the rest of Pink Floyd.