Is everything better with RED?

Audiophiles will /bash this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_6uUtf-lMQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Audiophiles will
not care because they don't play games and any celeron CPU is enough to handle any sort of audio processing.
Trueaudio doesn't increase sound quality in any way, what is this shit thread even about?

It's 3D audio. I don't know why audiophiles would give a shit about audio processing basically meant for VR only.

>Steam audio
Oh goodie, yet another DRM music provider, just what I need!
Also, AMD really needs to fire the spergs working in their PR/Commercial dept. Shits devolving into a cringefest by the day.

>any sort of audio processing
Not in real time.
I certainly agree that choice of CPU shouldn't be based on this.
>what is trueaudio
I had to remind myself
youtu.be/_6uUtf-lMQQ
It seems they're doing some basic skull resonance stuff and sound occlusion.

OP is dead wrong in his assessment. This has nothing to do with audiophiles. Most audiophiles tend to argue from the perspective of expressing the intent of artists anyway. So the most solid argument against this is that videogame companies 'force' this technology. Where their original crappy stereo is the true vision of the game. Doesn't hold up imo.

...music? Are you retarded? This is for video game 3D audio rendering.

>steam audio
I think this is just a similar technology to true audio actually. Maybe it's that they've unified api somehow.

>Not in real time.
The absolute highest number of CPU usage AMD has claimed there is in modern videogames and modern CPUs is 14%, which was argued down to 10%.

some of them might even /zsh it

Soo you're telling me either of those numbers make audio processing marginal enough to be considered free?
Yes of course it's not gonna manage to kill your framerate alone but if you told a gamer they could get 10% more fps by turning off the audio stuff they'd do it every time.
It's part of a bigger picture.

Better dead than red.

>+10% cpu load = +10% FPS
Err...
My shitty athlon doesn't even reach 80% in most games. Goes up to 90s only in heavy areas of witcher 3 or insane scenarios in battlefield. Maaaybe I could use truaudio but anyone with an intel chip from the last 8 years will have better IPC than me so it won't be a problem. Even for 4xxx series pentiums.
You just can't hit 100% CPU usage these days with good chips. This tech is useless.

>depends on the game obviously.
>I don't hit more than 80% on an ATHLON
I'm questioning your measurement here user. Regardless of specific numbers I hope you understood my point though. If games started making more proper audio simulation developers want to minimize overhead.

I shouldn't be posting in these gamer threads though. You guys are fucking idiots.

Athlon x4 845. Best IPC out of the pre-ryzen AMD CPUs. The overhead is completely negligible if you're not bottlenecked by it.

>fucking idiots.
% CPU usage = 10% more fps

>10% less CPU cycles claimed = 10% more fps
I actually didn't claim that it was. In fact I even doubted the numbers were anywhere close to that.
I said that gamers will respond to that information with rejecting the technology.
Doesn't matter how true it is.
You're certainly not one that's in a seat to be pedantic:
>if you're not bottlenecked
Of course you have room to spare if you're not necked by your CPU. Think about users who are though. Game developers aren't targeting your computer specifically you idiot.
>my shitty Athlon
How is it a shitty Athlon yet its the best Athlon?

You're so worthless if you can't even understand the perspective here.

>muh numbers
Look up any gameplay video you cretin.
>users who are though
Means they have a shittier cpu than me which really is saying something. Such people are an extreme minority and can't effectively run a tru audio card.
>best athlon
still worse than nehalem i5s and i7s.

You are obnoxiously retarded and obviously do not understand how gaming impacts a PC. Stop blabbering anytime.

10% is pretty significant just for audio

So we are back to proprietary audio APIs and coprocessors? I miss the 90s, too, but does any game actually use this?

Mostly arbitrary number you will never see.

>vr only

get off Sup Forums

It's irrelevant because audio always runs in a separate thread and we have enough cores

at that point just buy a sound card lol