if not, what the fuck went wrong?

If you don't think
>timeless
>waves know shores
>choose me
>I need a forest fire
>last 4 tracks
are bad then get your head checked.

he thought he was a song writer but really hes justa post dubstep producer. That went wrong.

just got to Timeless

I mean it's not bad per se, but it feels so unconsistent and there's nothing really innovative, which is a disappointment coming from him. Besides that cover art is atrocious.

It really feels like an average Adult Contemporary shit, even if I loved s/t and really liked Overgrown. He really should keep doing bleeps, he's fucking great at it.

He is a song writer though. Dlm, Measurements, Overgrown, Retrograde ring a bell?

It gets soooo much better. I usually get tired about halfway through a >60 minute album but this one just kept me engrossed throughout. I Need a Forest Fire, f.o.r.e.v.e.r, My Willing Heart, Two Men Down, and Modern Soul are fucking GOAT

It's been a hit or miss really, I had to actually skip I Hope My Life. I've only liked forever and Put that away and talk to me so far.

The whole thing seems really half-assed, even his vocals are off from time to time.

He went full Starbucks-core. That's what went wrong.

kek tru, he's probably rich and doesn't care anymore, it truly makes me sad, he's always been one of my favorite artists

what i want to know is why all the shitposting about there will be a 20 MINUTE TRACK then nothing, also he failed to get Ye fufkin pleb

after hearing the album I don't mind not having a 20 minute track, it would have been atrocious. and Ye also went to shit this year, so it would have been worst.

Why are people acting dissapointed when this is pretty obviously his best release yet

fucking this

i love s/t and his dubstep output as much as the next guy, but holy shit, if you can't recognize that this displays massive growth as an artist, then you are on some contrarian shit

longest != best

this doesn't even feel like an album, it's just a collection of songs he randomly threw together

s/t was perfect because the structure and atmosphere was flawless

i didn't imply, let alone say, that it was good because it's long.

I know, I'm just fucking with y'all. Still I don't understand how you'd prefer this over his previous releases.

James Blake > The Colour in Anything > Overgrown = Enough Thunder

Is this about right?

Switch s/t and TCiA and you're golden.

His singing is dull and uninteresting
This album would be way better without his shitty vocals

How could anyone argue anything other than

Overgrown > s/t

?

i appreciate s/t for what it is. as a collection of sketches, it's brilliant. as a cohesive work, it doesn't quite stand up to this new record.

overgrown was just okay, imo.

>what the fuck went wrong?
He started to sing.
Yes, I'm saying he has been garbage since 2011

In colour vs colour in anything

The Colour in Anything, obviously. You could take only half of TCiA and it would still be more innovative, rich, emotional, and engaging than In Colour.

In Colour

I'd be inclined to agree if I didn't like a few songs from Overgrown and s/t. Save a few interesting synth tones, his music simply bores me. His voice is droll in its proficiency, the production has a few interesting ideas, but they just float around the music rather than compliment it. Pretty dissapointing desu. But this album is even worse IMO. Overlong, some tracks are pushing Adult Contemporary, there are less interesting ideas, everything is far too mellow for its lack of engaging elements. I listened to it 2.5 times (stopped halfway the third time) and it was just dreadful every time.