Qemu is not a valid answer

KVM

KVM > *

lincucks not welcome

winfags and iToddlers not welcome

Qemu

VMware

Vmware stop asking

Can you afford VMware (or can you pirate it)? If not use virtualbox.

Virtualbox guest utilities has been broken for like 6 months now, fuck those guys

You uncultured fag, qemu has GUI frontends. I bet you guide for that.

kvm on loonix
and windows already has a hypervisor built in

kvm is great

even though I use vbox all the time, it fucking sucks
vmware has been massively better from my experience

Get the fuck out wincuckold

VMware is objectively faster, and had much better graphics support, but if you want to run multiple VMs at once or have headless VMs you need to buy or pirate it. Virtualbox is free, works well enough for desktop use so long as you don't need USB passthrough or 3D.

Really if you are asking this question both will work fine for you.

Yeah, but just enabling Hyper-V brings quite a noticable performance drop and latency increase because the hypervisor is now running on bare metal and Windows runs as a guest with special rights.

Bhyve

How
How is qemu not a valid answer? It does a great job, and can use the cpu extensions. What is your use case?

VMware is pretty solid, performs well. Virtualbox is almost as good as VMware for desktop integration, but VMware is much better if you need to access a raw USB device.

If you are on an odd platform/CPU without hardware extensions, virtualbox is your best bet.

Also if you need to use your VM across different host oses, virtualbox is much nicer than VMware.

The one and only, my friend.

You can enable 3d acceleration in virtualbox. It's not a miracle, but way better than with it off (I only used it for some old winxp era 3d games).

Forgot to mention, qemu is much easier to use when your trying to get odd old oses running.

KVM
V
M

wow based virtualbox

that's what you get with fixed you moron

but dynamic is slower when running

>t. retard

Kvm qemu