Google Pixel class action lawsuit

>If you bought a first-generationGoogle Pixel phone you may have some money coming your way. A newclass action lawsuitagainst the tech giant argues that it knew there was an issue with the device’s microphone and sold it as a premium smartphone anyway.
>Google’s Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones suffer from what thecompany calleda “hairline crack in the solder connection on the audio codec.”

>If this all sounds familiar you probably qualify for the class action lawsuit, and even if you didn’t have any issue with your particular smartphone you should still qualify. According to the filing, the case covers “all individuals in the United States who purchased a Google Pixel or Pixel XL smartphone, other than for resale, between October 4, 2016 and the present.”

The article doesn't mention how much money you'll get, prolly a fucking dollar fifty but Idk

as shitty as google is, shyster lawyers have even less of a claim to their ill-gotten shekels

the absolute state of Google:

>facing antitrust actions in the EU and growing rumblings for antitrust actions in the US
>been making phones for a decade and everyone has been a pile of shit except for the N6
>can't make a decent messaging app
>Google assistant can't actually recognize what you like despite knowing everything you do ever
>cripples old services to try and force userbase to new service, instead userbase just abandons google's services all together
>google home is still a useless pile of shit compared to echo 2 years later despite "machine learning" can't even sync your calendar with your regular google account
>despite buying up all the smart home indies, still has limited integration and google home doesn't even work as a hub, have to go third party.
>facing discrimination suits from both minorities and conservative white men
>can't get anybody to implement treble
>carriers are somehow muscling their way into controlling your signal info so you can't even accurately test reception strength

they made a decent camera app I guess...

How does a codec get soldered or even have a hair line crack?

First gen Pixel? Not the Pixel 2? You sure?

Why the fuck aren't these lawsuits international? America screams equality left and right. Bullshit, I want my money as well.

The LG bootloop lawsuit was 400 cash or 700 in credit for another LG phone

I just got a new Pixel replacement because of the microphone issue. It lasted 10 months before braking.

What if your phone didn't have the issue?

Stop larping and just go Apple.

>braking

How fast was it going?

BASED autism poster.

I once got a $250 check from an Apple lawsuit for the iPhone 3G. Took about a year but the money is usually not trivial with these lawsuits.

>Doesn't know about bit regression
lmao

I got $6 from a Barnes and Noble lawsuit once. And apparently there was another lawsuit where I got $4.
I hope my KEYone has an issue so I can swap it for a Note 8 or something

welcome to the outdated physical world. glorious internet concepts haven't caught on here yet

Pretty sure this the problem with my phone. My warranty is up, any DIY repair solutions?

Basically I have no mic, no sound in calls, they can't hear me and when I record a video there's no sound. The phone app crashes periodically. I can use Bluetooth to make a call just fine though.

Kek

Use your warranty, they will probably send you a new one and your warranty will be renewed.

No my warranty is up already, I can't use it.

>hairline crack in the solder connection on the audio codec

>putting solder on a piece of software

the absolute state of iGoogle.

I have a first generation pixel, never had an issue but free money == free money
What do?

Hey dude, a codec can be implemented in hardware too. It is just a machine that encodes/decodes a signal. On the pixel, the codec for the mic is implemented on a daughter board that has shared functions for charging the device as well.

Google already replaced my pixel for free despite the microphone issue. I'm posting this on my free pixel right now. In fact they f***** up and sent me 2.

Thank you for not swearing on the four channel of all places user

>>even if you didn’t have any issue with your particular smartphone you should still qualify
>no damages
>you qualify for a lawsuit

Haha, no. That's not how it works. And enjoy your 25 cent gift voucher to Wal-Mart while the Noseberg legal group brings in tens of millions.

>a crack on the solder connection of the audio codec
WHO THE FUCK WROTE THIS ARTICLE

whoa mental desu. similar thing happened to my last month my laptop was in repair i got a new replacement sent to me and my old one returned fixed

>daughter board
>it's stuck to the motherboard
L-lewd.

What can I say? I'm a lewd dewd.