So what the fuck is happening with tablets?

So what the fuck is happening with tablets?

I'm in the market for an Android 10+ inch tablet for comics and shitposting from the bed for under 300. All I see now are 2017 models, some of which are alright. I don't keep up with this tech at all, I just know that tablets are on a decline from their meteoric rise from when the first iPads were introduced.

Should I expect any notable releases this year, or did companies give up on the platform and I should just stick with 2017 models? I'd love a 12 inch iPad Pro alternative but I don't know that anyone aside from Microsoft is willing to compete with Apple, especially at sub-1k price point.

>Android
>Tablet
lmao
Samsung is the only decent Android tablet manufacturer unless you delve into chinkshit.

I own a Lenovo Tablet 10 (180 USD??)and I enjoy it a lot. The only real draw to buying anything more powerful for a tablet is the camera or potential GSM/CDMA, but it doesn't sound like you'd need either. If anything, my only complaint is typing is slow and cumbersome, but I don't particularly type a lot on it.

KDE mobile is the only thing worth waiting for, but if you don't care about Linux, it doesn't matter much.

wake me up when surface book equivalents are less than 500 bucks

Hardware manufacturers who might have produced new Android tablets are probably holding off until ChromeOS is ready for pure tablet mode.

2 in 1 laptops killed them

Can't go wrong with Xperia Z2

Android tablets are dead. You only real choices now are Windows tablets or iPads

Funny how it's the complete opposite with phones.

apple tablets have superior hardware if you want the best, if you want the most practical go for surface its almost like a real laptop

I think it's because Android phones are bigger, more powerful, and more capable now day. People can get away with a smart phone and a lighter laptop/2-in-1

>if you want the most practical go for surface its almost like a real laptop
>200 bucks for a dock
I feel like I'm already entering the point in my life where I'm going to be governed by overpriced proprietary hardware/software so I think I might as well suck it up. But it's neat I guess.

Just get an iPad, they have 9.7 inch version for $330

>muh applel

stop being an autist.

>lagPad
Enjoy not even being able to type text after a year of lagOS malware "updates."

No one is telling you to buy a dock

>No one is telling you to buy a dock
But all the ads imply that you need one.

What? I hardly ever see the dock advertised

buy a xiaomi tablet in some chink site when its on sale

why would anyone buy this overpriced garbage when you can buy a decent laptop with the money. tablets are restricted to some shitty mobile os while laptops lets you use what you want.

Why would anyone buy a laptop when they could just multi task with 2 iPads?

look on ebay for a thinkpad yoga 260 deu you could probably grab one for cheap

surface pro line is the only right answer OP.

Get a foldable chromebook