elixir-lang.org/
staticgen.com/
learnbchs.org/
xyproblem.info/
umbrellajs.com/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

redpill me on the semantic web

"Semantic" is codeword for hipster.

>tfw they bring in a third party web dev company and you have to teach the fuckers how to use SSH and SFTP to log in to the servers
Our customer's other contractors are still trying to write their monkey tier jQuery shit into existing React and Angular applications. It eventually gets discovered and is rewritten into far more robust and understandable components, which the monkeys then leave alone because they don't understand frameworks and can't learn things on their own. This has been going on for almost a year now.

They also don't seem to understand Git. Rumor has it they share code in-house via network drives.

Go vs Elixir

More free resources and webdev chat:

discord.gg/wdg

What is webpack and should I use it?

I'm always skeptical when something bootstraps into my js.

>They also don't seem to understand Git
>in 2k+18
You must be baiting. I honestly can't believe a human being can't even learn something as simple as Git

It builds JS and other stuff into a deployable "bundle" by following imports/exports starting from some entry point file.

And yes, you should probably use it if you have more than one source file.
You can configure what it actually does with the imported stuff to make it transpile & minify code, convert images and so on. Writing a configuration file for it used to be pretty arcane shit but there are plenty of example projects around now.

What went wrong?

Is Flask kill these days? Haven't used it in years.

Trying ruby for first second time.

Elixir for webdev.

parceljs.org/ is easier for a beginner because it has no config.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I'm not really sure if I need it though, a simple concat of all class files should do.

>python.org/
>typescriptlang.org/
>ruby-lang.org/
>elixir-lang.org/
who the fuck is using all this shiiet

Shit are you me? Constantly unfucking someone else's mistakes.

I use all the time. I wouldn't say it's advanced but I can build a lot of shit quickly using it. More flexible than Django. Best success when using it for REST apis and smaller apps.

>try to follow along a tutorial but never got the epic base files the retard tutorial video guy gives
>figured I'd just make my own anyway since it's just some basic styling and bootstrap shit
>end up learning so much about react-router and other things while doing this for like 2 hours trying to catch up with the github version

pretty epic desu senpai, I sure do love following outdated tutorials and finding out how to reverse engineer shit

Flask or Django, or are they both retarded? I want to make a simple website, so flask seems good. thoughts?

Cutelyst

Unemployed sysadmin

Thinking of getting into either

>front end
>full stack
>devops
>blockchain dev/solidity

Anyone have experience with the job market in the midwest for this stuff?

>I want to make a simple website
PHP

Unironically this. But use Laravel

.NET Core

How are PACKT books? I've mostly heard they're shit but they seem to publish books on newer technologies before anyone else

Nice to know it's still going. I always liked Flask.

Depends where you're at in the midwest

full stack front end developer for a blockchain company with devops

>le blockchain meme

watch this

St. Louis
do they have a bootcamp for this?

I made simple website from scratch in visual studio code html/css/little jquery and my problem is every time i want to create content like article or so I need to manually copy all the code i need to the new file and for different pages i need different code. Is there a software where I can create templates for different types of content to generate the file. How are the big websites doing it, they cant do it all manually.

>cryptocurrency mining + javascript expert
fuck this gay earth

Is my browser history working?

How do I even check it everything loads instantly anyway with or without the history there

The web has always been semantic. That's what is was made for. Read the Tim Berners Lee paper

nvm console says browserrouter ignores history or something because it does it itself

Interesting

Django is the greatest.

why

look into static site generators
hexo, hugo, gatsby, etc.

>hugo, gatsby
the fuck is up with these names

thanks

Firefox doesn't let you display local images anymore, how can I change it back?

that's nothing
staticgen.com/

Use BCHS.
learnbchs.org/

run a webserver

I miss things loading instantly

It just works and python is nice

>human being

There's your problem

Elixir for small to medium businesses

Go for enterprise

>mfw I'm explaining to the web dev they hired to do a site for us that the reason Chrome is giving them an SSL cert error is because they're accessing the site by IP address since we haven't gone live and switched over the DNS entries yet
>just click proceed to site
>"but it says it's unsafe"

Is this a good book?

>PHP
>"Is this is good.."

>simple website
>recommends Laravel

excuse me while I peel my orange with a machete

Just use Lumen then, user.

Honestly. Learning laravel changed my life as a coder. There's just so many good traits that using laravel makes it just rub off on you

I know, I've used it before :) (along with Symphony, CodeIgniter, and CakePHP)
It's a bit overkill for a small site though.

I haven't tried this out yet. Looks decent though.

>webdev with C
>on OpenBSD
>hipster-free
I like OpenBSD, but this is objectively false.

>IBM z/VM

>I've mostly heard they're shit
Yep. PragProg and O'Reilly have the good stuff, a few others are mixed, and Packt is the bottom of the barrel.
>seem to publish books on newer technologies before anyone else
Primarily because they skimp on quality control.

How do you deal with script blockers?
As far as I can tell, tags only run if JavaScript is totally disabled in the browser. With script blockers like NoScript or uBlock Origin, JavaScript won't run but the tags won't run either.
What do? How do you handle this situation to give the best user experience?

I'm training webdevelopment, only know basic php and html, what should I aim for?

Where would I start with building a chrome extension ?

If I have a , I want to get the content in the and change the tr style to display:none based on the value of the TD.

Any suggestions for where to start?

jQuery

>R
>Racket
>Awk
>Groovy
>OCaml
>Tcl
>Nix
>D

>Any suggestions for where to start?
Make a userscript first.

Probably a better idea lol. Intended to share with some colleagues if I can get the extension work. Don't think any of my colleagues have userscripts lol

Is there a FTP Sync extension for VS Code that's not fucking broken?

About PHP, how can Page1 include Page2, with Page2 knowing it's being included especifically by Page1?

OS?

xyproblem.info/
What are you trying to do?

Node killed it

Can anyone tell me what's happened to this site ?

http:// rarbg.to/torrents.php

It's behaving like some other sites that are slightly shady, this has never happened before.

Every time you click something it tries to refer to purr11 or some shit and then gets stopped by Ublock Origin.

I have Windows Defender fully updated and running and I'm not infected.

Right, sorry, I'm just trying to literally make a variable change depending where the page containing the variable is included.

You shouldn't. Let those fuckers whitelist you. The web requires js. Let them remove that big fat dildo from their ass and bend over for js to have a working web.

Your html and css alone should still make the site look half decent so they can read what the site is about and judge whether or not to allow scripts.

If it's just a blank page without JS they'll never turn it on.

Flask masterrace

Looks like a Jalapeno.

It is one easy to do project but hard enough to not be considered trivial, alongside an IRC client and an imageboard.

Don't ever, EVER do this.

Do this

why do you even need to buy a book to learn this just use bootstrap or any other responsive tutorial on the net

>bootstrap

deprecated

how? really nice updates in Jan

Because you need feature sniffing and other stuff to make the mobile experience better.
Adjust the focal point of images and many other things.

You can't just bootstrap some shit onto it and expect your site to be useable.

>Routing
Eyyy whaddafuck is 'routing'???

Imageboards are easy to program, but apparently hard to design. I am yet to see one that substantially improves on Sup Forums's design.

a method to deal with your pages or urls

/whatever

/whatever/whatever

etc.

Jesus christ just kill me

>Be at work
>Going through support tickets from clients who are using our product, which uses a mysql database
>It's mostly low priority or medium priority tickets (priority is selected by the clients themselves)
>Suddenly see Higher priority ticket
>Oh fuck, did something break? Better solve it right away
>Open the ticket
>Basically it's a complaint about the naming convention
>Basically the client is complaining that the column in the database which storers what the users can and cannot do is namend "privileges", the client says this makes her (i assume it's her) feel very oppressive, because she has to assign different privileges to different users her firm has, and it makes her feel very uncomfortable, because she is a feminist and believes strongly in equality and basically is asking us to rename the column to a more politically correct and neutral term such as "gifts"
d-do i just close the ticket? what the fuck do i do with it?

>the client says this makes her (i assume it's her) feel very oppressive
Sounds like you're LARPing.

Do they want you to implement coinhive or actually create your own miner in pure javascript? Latter would be crazy

name it permissions or something.

is there a good javascript or web dev chat i can join this is cool and all but i want more fast pace chatting

Time to kill JQuery.
and give the throne to vanilla js

just set the ticket to pending or in progress and never get to it

or reply saying that high priority is for high priority issues only

this, and also, talk to your boss and check that he's cool with ignoring that shit.

jQuery has some usability advantages that vanilla JS feels too bare without. The best compromise is umbrellajs.com/.

I need help.

I have tried everything, read tons of stack overflow stuff, read the nginx docs. I just can't get the site config to rewrite correctly and parse the pages as PHP and redirect properly. 3 evenings so far at about 2/3 hours each, no avail.

All i want is for the URL to stay correct, but pass the page URL to index as so;

site.com/ABC/Def -> site.com/index.php?URL=/ABC/Def

How is this achievable with nginx? I am about to give up.

Best learning resource for learning full stack such as MERN or Meteor?