Is it just me or are power supplies getting more expensive?

Is it just me or are power supplies getting more expensive?

since high wattage power supplies aren't needed as much in your average desktop or even most gaming desktops, brands are moving premium features to lower wattage models. Combine that with higher end 80+ ratings and you have more expensive PSUs for the average user.

Either that, or cryptocoin mining requires power.

What exactly constitutes a premium feature on a power supply unit?

more outputs, 110/220 auto detection, full modular or partially modular cables where you would once have a spaghetti mess. silent operation/ near silent operation.

110/220 auto detection

That has been the case for 10+ years.

>Fully modular
>Good fan and cooling
>High efficiency rating
>Good sleeved cables

And no. Power supplies aren't getting more expensive. You can get a 620w bronze rated fully modular Seasonic from Newegg right now for less than $40. Back in the day, you were talking $85 minimum for a semi-modular supply with a decent rating.

The to end of course is still expensive. I paid $150 for my Seasonic 650w Prime titanium.

Not in India and Southfilthy Asia.

Fanless mode.

I got one of those on newegg in 2011 I think on sale for $79... one day it Popped and chit the bed .. they replaced it and it is still good.

Those should be mandatory, not premium features.

You can still buy the $30 shitboxes that'll melt your components a year or so down the line.

>110/220 auto detection,
>Active PFA
>Premium
Are you living in 2002 or just the poorest country in the world?

Generation 4 cryptocurrencies are using PoW (proof of wattage) just to spite the principles of PoC tokens.

Proof of Color? Fuckken Raciss crypto

Why would any sane person use a cheap PSU?

Used cheap psu's for years and biggest issue for me was noise.

everythings getting more expensive, i dunno what the jews are up to

Miners, OP. Fucking fairymoney miners.

Walk to your nearest large PC parts retailers and ask them just how many PSUs these fuckturds are buying. It's less than GPUs but still tons of it.

If they are using PSUs they must be braindead.
There are much cheaper alternatives

Such as?

FREE MARKET
R
E
E

M
A
R
K
E
T