ITT: Albums that in a way, changed your life

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U3IUwnyMmIw&index=4&list=PLSKvbiScaVZkzxSz05RWSlQMwEsZsX07M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

music wouldn't change my life t b h

That what most people say about anything.

After i listened to this album, desperate for more like it, i discovered Sup Forums, making me realize how much i loved music.

Quality post.

got me into serious music desu

Great thread

Same here.

Sweet

When I was 12, this album made me listen to music by myself for the first time. It isn't a masterpiece, and it's veeeery edgy, but it's essential in my history.

That is a great album, kind of pessimistic, but that one first song -Breathe- is one of the most beautiful ever written

i took a whole bunch of cough medicine alone in my room, and freaked out and had this playing

now everytime i hear it i can sorta remember what it felt like to peak with it on, i was really blissed out, it was great, ill never forget it

Good album but I think Kill 'em all is better.

Showed me that there was some different shit out there, not everything had to be a top ten hit.

I listened to this and the strokes every day for my entire freshman year

I will never understand this. Blarney Stone is the only song on this album I like

This album was the album that eradicated the need to be edgy and inconsiderate to others in my quest to become a decent musican. It's still one of the only albums I can pour my heart out with.

And this is when Thrice peaked

Gonna have to be THAT guy but ye, this gave me hope during some bad times.

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore is hypnotic

exact same situation, but for this album

This album sucks

i was mostly a trap/dubstep faggot before someone recommended this to me.

In short, don't like trap as much now

>not also liking She Wanted to Leave at the least

great album, my favourite smiths song

London Calling tbqh, when I was about 13

Reddit tier taste

first time falling in love :)

>yeasayer:odd blood

actually you know, just the first five tracks. we both were into it, ahh i can't explain how perfect those first five tracks are for falling for someone, falling in love with each other, at the start of summer, the whole summer ahead......

Honestly fampai. I know the memes and shit but really this shit hit me hard. Either this or highway 61. Dylan's a babe

>you're stuck in my mind, all the time

youtube.com/watch?v=U3IUwnyMmIw&index=4&list=PLSKvbiScaVZkzxSz05RWSlQMwEsZsX07M

beautiful, epic nostalgia :) sending love

Thrice guy here. I tend to hold on to genres even after i "grow out" of them, so im still kind of a dubstepfag. But with that being said this album fucked my world up

Exact same thing. Found them somewhere random and started getting into alternative music.

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols

I walk through the woods all the time now. I just want to forget about this life, and travel across the English countryside in a horse and buggy

I get what you're saying 'cause that's how I felt it the first time I heard it. I liked it but felt nothing special. I liked 'Wish You Were Here' way better. Then, I decided to give it another try, and again, I felt nothing special. After a few months of giving it several tries and giving up, I saw the album at Target. So, I bought it and decided to give it one last chance. I inserted the Disk into my car's stereo and turned it up. It BLEW ME AWAY completely! Wow, how could I have missed it all those times. Now I can't get enough of it. I hear it all the time. I even downloaded the whole documentary and live versions into my iPod. Dark Side is like a fine dish, some people have to try it several times to get its FULL POWER. It's not noise, just really awesome sound effects that make the album unique. In my opinion, there is no better album, nor will there ever be, than Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side Of The Moon.'

I saw you post this before.

after years of listening to what I now consider cringe inducing rap, this turned me on to post metal and other similar styles. I almost don't listen to rap anymore

Me 2 mate

where'd you find this

Checkd
SCENDE RUZZOLANDO

King of the Hill soundtrack, look it up on Spotify

It accompanied me through meeting and befriending Her, and I stopped listening to it when we broke off contact for good. To this day I sometimes have a line or a melody from that album pop into my head and it just wrecks my mood for the time being.

To be specific, it's this album and their debut that do this. A few other albums as well, but those have the strongest associations with her.

The whole thing with her hurt of course, but it also made me grow a lot.

Bought it 10 years ago for a friend's birthday, listened to it before going to the party, loved it to death, gave it to him nonetheless. It took several years for him to like it too but he's also a fan now.

My niggas

It's gotta be this one for me. It made me want to branch out my music tastes.

Wow pretty much the exact same story here except I was 11 the first time I heard Master of Puppets. I was aware of Metallica because of their radio songs but hadn't actually heard any of their earlier releases and was kind of blown away by it. It's pretty much what got me interested in music.

This actually got me into listening to music seriously.

This actually got me into listening to music seriously. I found it randomly, and it blew my mind.

Got me through some dark times.

One of my favorite.

I think I was like 14 when I discovered this. I went from just listening to my dad's dadrock to being a music-lover in an instant. It showed me that both beauty and ugliness are essential parts of music and made me appreciative of a whole world of sounds that had previously been hidden from me.

do you feel it is hard to return to other music after pet sounds?

This.

Not even joking. It pretty much marked the definitive point where I moved away from listening to my parents' music and exploring on my own and developing my own taste. Almost all the albums I listen to currently I discovered after that point. As a turning point it in my personal life it was pretty significant, though it really could have been any album.

Black Sabbath and Beastie Boys fucked my world up senpai. These two groups got me interested in exploring discographies of artists to get to know them.

I miss him, So Much.

sorry forgot to post...

>falling in love
Such a great feeling. I imagine it's even better if she does, too

made me realise the emotional connections any human can have to music. i have never been bored of this record, and it is endlessly impressive. most of fru's records do this to me, but this one especially

I FUCKING HATE NORMIES

this here! love it to death

Me too :'( man that album is great

we did it reddit

The album that made me want to pick up an instrument desu

Sufjan has become a bit of a meme, but words cannot describe how much I love this album - as well as pretty much everything else he has done.

Yeah, prefer Dirt, but I love JoF too.

I know everybody is all about DeLoused, but I think Frances is just awesome, and I'm glad I saw them on that tour. The Juan / Jon / Ikey lineup was the best lineup imho.

This. Dat guitar solo on on Time. Damn.

This, and Okey Dokey Computer.

This. A lot of people dismiss it because some of the songs are, on the surface, kind of silly (e.g. Dancing in the Show, Waving my Dick, etc) but it's actually a pretty deep album.

vastly underrated collection of early live Billy Joel recordings.

changed my whole opinion of music

Shut the fuck up you prepubescent motherfucker

dem bass lines

There's a split: Life before I heard this, and my life afterwards

I have never looked forward to a follow-up album before in my life desu. SILY just makes me realize how much more I want them to release LP2 already.

I remember buying this album at a garage sale when was 12/13-ish. It's one of the only albums that made me weep, and it also opened the door to new genres of music (particularly metal) and renewed a thirst for reading.