Is this AOTYSF?

Is this AOTYSF?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i liked his album

No. It's contrived hippy shit about muh daring struggle with being transgender.

>hippy
how is all electronic music hippy in any way
>only about trans
literally none of the lyrics

Whatareutalkingboutlafamilia

Someone post the cringey Obama lyrics pls

more like muh entry level understanding of politics and environmentalism

Please learn ANOHNI proper pronouns, it is she/her/hers, not he/he/his

fuck off faggot your not on tumblr

I was disappointed with how weak the background arrangements were for each track. Outside a small moment of musical payoff, the backing stuff felt too sparse with very little happening. Pity since 0PN being on it was what led me to wanna check it out.

I wonder, if these trans people want to be equal and everything, how soon is it till they stop wanting to be taken so seriously and they make slut-core music like certain women do?

you know what I mean?

So is the music even good?

Of couse

youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E

does she really look like that now? she used to look like a whale but she's like a sexy dolphin in that picture

that naomi campell layered over her face if my facts are right

Some of the worst lyrics I've heard ever.

All memes aside it was all right but it wasn't album of the year. Her voice is great as always but I disliked the production and felt some of the lyrics were too on the nose.

Why are you here?

I really like Drone Bomb Me

Has a juxtaposition of this general style of music and these types of lyrics been done before? 99 Balloons? Anything else?

The "she" is a he.

You mean confrontational/political lyrics with electropop? Yes, remember fucking electroclash?

TUMBLR IS A CANCEROUS PLACE WHERE YOU SHOULD ALL STAY

I don't know how it could even come close to something like Third Law from an overall "good" standpoint. It was a bit cringy but sounded nice audibly, and I think most of it's praise comes from "muh tranniez" as well as it's hate. Stuff this politically charged can't really be AOT anything, since in order to fully enjoy it you sorta have to agree with each and every thing it says.

i like this album but you might as well give up on getting an actual discussion about it anywhere

Ok so for all the people who think that third law is aoty, do you just sit there and enjoy listening to the void-terror of drifting endlessly into space because that's what this album feels like. Sound design is top notch but it just tired me out.

This is similar but without the lyrics.

The lyrics sound like they're all written by a 13 yr old who just discovered politics. So fucking cringe

it's really not 2bh

well it turns out Drone Bomb Me wasn't even the half of it. Execution is a really fucked up juxtaposition.

seems to lose a lot of steam after obama

I much preferred it when Antony still used male pronouns, it's only just recently he started using female ones

side 1 >>>>>>>> side 2

so much for aoty

What's wrong with her changing her pronouns?

no it's awful

only recently in public
been using them with family and friends for so so long, hence the themes on I Am a Bird Now, and why it has Boy George and Lou Reed on it, two well known androgynous musicians and her inspirations

This. It's "I'm 15 and I read the communist manifesto so I now know everything about politics" the album

really? It actually seemed very topical from what I could tell but I did just closely follow along with a few of them.

I enjoyed it, not album of the year strong 7 for me atleast.

was hype to see opn and hudmo collab but it's honestly super weak
I'd honestly antony go back to her earlier chamber pop shit than try to ape rihanna with cringe lyrics

Is ANOHNI transracial now, too?

I find it strange that Sup Forums has a reputation for being a leftist board when literally every time an album with an overt "left wing" political message comes out it's impossible to have a thread about it that doesn't get derailed almost immediately.

>any board on Sup Forums
>leftist
lmao do you even go here?

Probably longer than you if you aren't aware that Sup Forums has that reputation on other boards

just because we half of the people here likes hip-hop does not make the board left

That's not what it's about but it's fine if you were unaware. Lurk more before posting maybe?

ever since i first antony and the johnsons like 15 years ago, i've hated his voice. and now i still hate her voice. also that pitchfork review pisses me off because it's actually wrong, basinski was never a part of the johnsons. just too lazy to send an email or whatever to the person who wrote the review

than please explain what is about because no board on Sup Forums could be considered leftist you retard

>listening to the void-terror of drifting endlessly into space because that's what this album feels like

Get your head out of your ass.

>implying trannies can accomplish anything worthwhile
They have allowed vapid self-obsession to dominate every aspect of their lives. They are of no value to anyone.

the production is nice but don't really like his voice or his lyrics

>THIS MUSIC SUCKS!!
>Huh? Why? BECAUSE THE LYRICS SUCK!! LOOK AT THE LYRICS FROM THIS SOONG "OBAMA", AREN'T THEY SO CRINGEY??
>What? She's being blunt on purpose? As in with a self-aware sense of sarcasm? B-BUT IN ORDER TO HAVE GOOD POLITICAL LYRICS YOU NEED METAPHOR AND COMPLEXITY AND SHIT!! BOB DYLAN, LEONARD COHEN, TOM WAITS THE LIST GOES ON!!
>Oh, the rest of the music that isn't the lyrics? Uh...it sounds...bad...why does it sound bad? U-uh...because it's unoriginal...name one album that sounds similar? w-well, there are lots of them, b-but I'm not gonna s-spoonfeed you, pleb!!

yeah ppl only understand politics if they share my views :^)

Fuck that. The music could be made over the weekend on a laptop with little effort or real musical skill required.

(not true, by the way)

No. Ignoring he great production, the lyrics are the most cringeworthy trying to be politically edgy nonsense.

Literally half the songs are about drone bombing little Afghani kids.

It's like she copied em off tumblr.

Cannot stand more than a few seconds of it.
Hard no on the AOTYSF

I look forward to hearing your album senpai

Tbh I would be impressed if 15 year old managed to read that (and actually understand it)

That was fucking awkward as shit. Holy cringe hole bat-cis

>This amount of strawmanning.
I liked the album, but there are problems to discuss.

LAMO holy fuckk.

It's so bad the elders are laughing at it

no, it's ANOHNI

I miss Antony and the Johnsons.

do you think this album would pick up steam if antony wasnt fat and old?

I am really sorry but the lyrics completely ruined the album for me. While production, voice, everything is amazing, it really gets destroyed by the lyrics. I have tried my best to ignore them, pretending I weren't speaking English but all is doomed to fail as the urge to cringe is unspeakable. It physically hurts.

That doesn't weigh (lol) into it. Personally my one and only gripe with the album has been discussed at large. What was ANOHNI even thinking? We're talking about the same person who wrote the lyrics for Cripple And The Starfish, Hope There's Someone, The Crying Light, The Spirit Was Gone-- the lyrics on that album are simply inexcusable and do their darnest to ruin the musical experience.

No, it's not about disagreeing with the overall message. It's not about not liking blunt and to-the-point lyrics (I mean I listen to genres known for their almost cartoonish lyrics like all variants of punk and metal). The lyrics are of 9th-grader-tier quality, there's absolutely no effort nor feeling put into them (at least in the written sense-- the singing is as amazing and emotional as always).

Hell, all of that would be acceptable from many musicians, but we know what ANOHNI is capable of, and that's what makes this album a failure and the lyrics completely irredeemable.

Sorry m83 AOTY is already claimed

Sup Forumsack cancer metastasized and now they shitpost on here at every opportunity.

literally some of dumbest shit I've ever read on here

one of the songs is called obama, one of the songs is called drone bomb me, did you listen to the same album i did?

some lyrics:
"I wanna hear the dogs crying for water
I wanna see fish go belly-up in the sea
All those lemurs and all those tiny creatures
I wanna see them burn, it's only 4 degrees"

"I know you love me
‘Cause you’re always watching me
‘Case I’m involved in evil
‘Case I’m involved in terrorism
‘Case I’m involved in child molesters
‘Case I’m involved in evil"

"You drew lines miles high
In steel or nuclear
The forests of Borneo
White water in your mouth
I don’t want your future"

These lyrics are so blunt, like seriously how did you miss it?

Anybody notice how the pairings of Bjork + Arca and Antony + 0PN mirror each other perfectly? Kind of neat.

she goes by Anohni, please don't use her dead name.

sorry senpai didn't realize that was a faux pas, I respect Anohni and her situation. I'm just used to the old name is all

I thought it was enjoyable, but the blatant political messages were so annoying. No subtlety or skill in the lyricism and I honestly wished she had been more experimental and a bit more daring with the music.

that's what i figured you're cool

Probably not anytime soon. Trans women are fetishized enough as it is, the community is trying to distance themselves from that and show that they're just normal women.

Probably once society stops killing them for being trans

Except Bjork+Arca was actually half decent

I actually agree, Vulnicura was excellent and I look forward to their next project. Hopelessness is just bad... I'm surprised 0PN was even involved. I can barely hear his touch at all aside from the mixing, which isn't remarkable either.

This guy really knows how to make a great album. I mean to have the balls to put out such testosterone inducing songs takes guts. He probably gets so much pussy on the road touring this.

eblic