/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horticulture, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtu.be/x5ArSjYlJ9Y

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1Qx9PD_aqc8
youtu.be/3UHBHLzM6Cg
youtube.com/watch?v=iXDwhEVsPo0
youtube.com/watch?v=xrTOd6eOcGE
youtu.be/E7Z4gq0eIfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wrist check everyone. Going to wear this today when I get out of bed.

What do you have in the mail /wt/? I'm waiting for this Lord Matic to arrive from nipland.

What are /wt/'s thoughts on the Seiko MM300?

This. I hope the ST19 will work fine, there are so many horror stories online.

I don't like it. I'm sure it's a fine watch, but the design does nothing for me.

Tevise tier

This Leopard should be here soon.

Also this 5Actus is on the way.

Thoughts?

Should I sell off my 10+ watch collection to buy a Rolex Sub or Omega SMP?

If that's what you want, sure.

Salam Alaiqum!
Here, have my Ocean Resist!
Allahu akbar!!!

I don't know why this one screw is sealed on every Citizen 8620 when there's only a hack lever under it.

To fend off the hackers, of course.

>hackers
>1975
I think you made that up user. I don't think it would have been feasible for a variety of reasons.

What's the hack lever for then if not for hackers?

Unironically, are there any furry watches? Not literally furry, but figuratively so. I'm just a random tard stepping outside sqt for the first time, but jewelry to me has only ever been "ok". I really wouldn't care if I had 80 on my wrist, but a hello kitty watch would be cute. Do I have no recourse besides a hello kitty watch though? Without context of going twinsies with a daughter people might look at me funny.

Really want one.

What the submariner should have been

There is a service where you send in some animal hair (or human hair I guess, they wouldnt know the difference).

Then they make a watch out of it.

A pube watch sounds nice

Ordered an SNK809 to go onto this strap.

Just ordered off ebay for $190
Price in my shithole country is ramped to 400+

Did i dun goofd

It's a good, solid watch. I'm actually just about to sell mine as I find it too big to fit underneath the sleeves of my slimmer jackets. I also wear it on a leather strap so I won't post a picture as I'll get lambasted by the Austism patrol.

Early “eared lugs” 2209 Amphibia.

>400

usd?

where ?

>Buying soyko instead of Vostok

That is really sweet strap.
Where can I get one?
Or at least the name for it to search for.

Which one?

my brother calls it shitko

I want so badly to say white, but the black is just as good...

Neither of those Grand Seiko 5s. Get Vostok GMT instead.

Black.

Your brother Niko?

haha lol ;)

Is the love for Vostoc here the result of people buying it ironically and slowly people got confused and genuinely started liking this piece of shit brand?
Or is it that they're all poor?

>knocking on the legendary SKX

go away archietards

Im getting a sweet looking amphibian right now just because I like the looks.The most expensive watch i have is 700 euro dollars

its rapidly becoming the next big meme
now with the Tesla car dummy wearing a Boctok prepare to see a lot of reddit soybois getting them

It's because they are near indestructible, cheap and iconic. Plus they must be the cheapest brand where pretty much everything is produced in-house.

>now with the Tesla car dummy wearing a Boctok
did that really happened?
for fuck sake if true

you go away you low test soyko male faggot. Vostok are way better than some shit overpriced non hacking malaysian slave labor shitter.

I can understand why they did it, it was probably just a small reference by someone on the team and they didn't want to shill out for an Omega speedmaster
plus the soviet union is "kewl!" and soybois love USSR asthetics

>bezel is literally held by a metal wire
>movement that are only accurate to entire minutes

we know it's you. you're still a laughably pathetic attention whore no matter what angle you pull.

bullshit! I have 30 year old never serviced amphibias that are within 2 seconds a day!

The cream dial looks much better.

This 30+ year old Vostok I’m wearing rn is +2s/d but has stayed at 0s/d for the last week. Soyko sucks compared to Vostok, it’s a fact. I’m glad I sold my SNK and SARB, never buying nipshit again.

that's right. This thread is a soyko, soyrient and soytizen free zone. No fucking nipshit allowed

Me like boctok cuz dey big heavy man watch

desu I only support nip shit pre-economic bobble burst era.

throw those fleamarket garbage nip shitters in the trash where they belong

>looks at all the Boctok watches posted
>ALL of them on pasty white sun deprived wrists tiny toothpick wrists
what could they mean by this??

Seems like an appropriate time to post my vostok.

Oh my god I’ve been trying to hunt down a super illuminator for like a year and I can’t find a good one for under $200 what a bunch of shit

Here's the new watch I bought this evening, faggots. If you only know low end watch brands, let me dumb it down for you. This is called a Rolex Presidential.

I never wear cheap watches like workingclass faggots who act rich and wear trash tier brands like Casio and Timex. Money isn't a problem, but that's not something you can understand. Your overworked palms are too dirty to even be near expensive things.

To you middle class peasants who barely scrape by on bad credit, have fun dying early. I'll retire around the same time you're buried. This watch easily costs more than the shitty cars you drive, if you even own one.

AMA. If you are extra kind, perhaps I'll give you some life tips to be rich as I am. Just maybe you can luckily work for me some day, if you get up the ranks? Maybe serve me a glass of four figure priced wine?

>horticulture
HAHAHAAHAH HOLY SHIT

This made me laugh

That's pretty funny.

So this is what passes for bait these days?

link?

The only thing anyone should ever give a nip is this.

i want this

youtu.be/1Qx9PD_aqc8

He's kind of annoying at first, but I think he's in the top half of the least worst of watch youtubers

Norks will do that for the third time

the addled mind of a soyko male still playing with toys and such. Seiko should be declared an enemy of the state.

nice seiko 5 homage

youtu.be/3UHBHLzM6Cg

Love his Chinese calipers.

It is nice but a tad too plain for me.

It was just one of the top engineers wearing in a video, it wasn't the actual dummy, Right ?

Nice Grand Seiko 5

were you excepting nigger bodybuilders to post in /wt/ ?

is yours Car Resist too?
youtube.com/watch?v=iXDwhEVsPo0

Plain is actually what I like about it.

It's a very nondescript watch from what I can see.

I think I would enjoy people thinking that I was wearing a regular watch, while secretly wearing a highly accurate machine.

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=xrTOd6eOcGE

Is this thread only for poorfags to show their nipshit and ruskie shills shilling they backward ass ham-fisted cheap russian monstrosities? Anyone here have a good watch?

Post your watches

Fuck off Archie,I am not retarded enough to take 50K loan to buy a watch.

plenty for people here do. it's just that the average /wt/ user is poor from some shit country and the best they can afford is some garbage vostok.

wt is now a sino-russian thread that tolerates the mountain jew. Nips are not welcome and should create their own containment thread (vintage citizen quartz watches are an exception).

Do you really own it user?

Those nikonos cameras are cool as shit.

no I saw it in the /fa/ thread but I like it
I only own nip/russian shitters, one chinese brand watch, and one swiss watch

youtu.be/E7Z4gq0eIfc

€200-400 prive range.
Looking for aesthetics, metal band. Any tips?

>Looking for aesthetics
The fuck does this even mean. Get a SARB and stop being retarded

Vintage or contemporary?

>(vintage citizen quartz watches are an exception).
No, soitizen is not an exception

vintage citizen?

R8 my collection